Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2024, 10:21 AM

4,512 posts, read 4,646,348 times

Advertisements

What are the folks in South Dakota saying about her? She is surely totally humiliated and has to go back to her job as Governor face everybody must be unbearably difficult. I can't help but feel bad for her and her family, but at the same time, she deserves it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2024, 07:03 PM
Status: "Worship the Earth, Worship Love, not Imaginary Gods" (set 14 days ago)

8,425 posts, read 5,569,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
What are the folks in South Dakota saying about her? She is surely totally humiliated and has to go back to her job as Governor face everybody must be unbearably difficult. I can't help but feel bad for her and her family, but at the same time, she deserves it.
I mean, she was banging Corey Lewandoski. Im sure the ship for family embarrassment/shame has sailed.

Old 05-12-2024, 11:40 PM

1,136 posts, read 1,159,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I mean, she was banging Corey Lewandoski. Im sure the ship for family embarrassment/shame has sailed.
Yep. That's when I went from thinking she was okay to what I think of her now, which is that she's a bimbo.

These political people mostly seem creepy. Even the ones who seem normal at first.

Old Yesterday, 06:26 AM

2,024 posts, read 3,208,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
My cousin lives near Noem’s farm/ranch and says he doesn’t think much of her anymore. That she has really changed. Other than that he doesn’t have much to say except that her father was such a nice guy.

Last edited by smpliving; Yesterday at 06:47 AM..

Old Yesterday, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
Yep. That's when I went from thinking she was okay to what I think of her now, which is that she's a bimbo.

These political people mostly seem creepy. Even the ones who seem normal at first.
Now the French Government says the stories in her book are lies.

Her biography is like an unfunny version of the Onion or the Babylon Bee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpliving View Post
My cousin lives near Noem’s farm/ranch and says he doesn’t think much of her anymore and that she has really changed. Other than that he doesn’t have much to say about her except that her father was such a nice guy.
Absolute power corrupts absolutely...

Old Yesterday, 11:01 AM

19,879 posts, read 22,788,323 times
Quote:
Now the French Government says the stories in her book are lies.

Her biography is like an unfunny version of the Onion or the Babylon Bee.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely...
Putting a big, pretty bow on a pile of B.S.

Old Yesterday, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Putting a big, pretty bow on a pile of B.S.
I think a lot of Trump like politicians look at him to determine what they can and cannot do which isn't a good idea for them.

Trump lies continuously and he tells lies that are very easy to fact check. But Trump has a personality cult so the fact that his lies are easy to fact check doesn't matter because his following doesn't care. Noem does not have that personality cult so when she lies its going to make a bigger impact on her own political career. She's doesn't have the following to insulate herself.

Old Today, 01:23 AM

1,136 posts, read 1,159,777 times
Quote:
I think a lot of Trump like politicians look at him to determine what they can and cannot do which isn't a good idea for them.

Trump lies continuously and he tells lies that are very easy to fact check. But Trump has a personality cult so the fact that his lies are easy to fact check doesn't matter because his following doesn't care. Noem does not have that personality cult so when she lies its going to make a bigger impact on her own political career. She's doesn't have the following to insulate herself.
It's not personality cult with me and people like me. I like him because he's the first guy to do more than give lip service to what we want done. But that doesn't mean we follow the pied piper slavishly off the cliff. Trump is very pro-Israel, for example. I'm not. I'm not changing my view to match Trump's or my vote because we disagree and I think most people on the dissident right are going to be the same.

Trump may not be our ideal, but he's better than anything else that has come along.

Old Today, 06:57 AM

4,441 posts, read 5,364,328 times
Quote:

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/gues...sed-fact-check

https://nypost.com/2024/05/11/opinio...ied-documents/

https://www.cnn.com/2024/04/19/polit...ing/index.html

https://www.factcheck.org/person/joe-biden/

The sad part is he may believe all this to be true...

Kristi's national profile is toast. She should to stick to government, stop talking, and slowly fade away with dignity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryMason614 View Post
It's not personality cult with me and people like me. I like him because he's the first guy to do more than give lip service to what we want done. But that doesn't mean we follow the pied piper slavishly off the cliff. Trump is very pro-Israel, for example. I'm not. I'm not changing my view to match Trump's or my vote because we disagree and I think most people on the dissident right are going to be the same.

Trump may not be our ideal, but he's better than anything else that has come along.
Thank you.

Old Today, 08:19 AM

Trump lies about stupid stuff that is so easy to fact check and I honestly don't have any idea why. Things people can see are different with their own eyes. TV ratings, saying he got the "biggest inauguration crowd ever", the Obama birther thing, anything involving Jimmy Kimmel, etc. These are all things that can be fact checked and honestly are not important, so why lie about them? That's what I don't understand.

Like did anyone really believe Mexico was going to pay for the wall? Does anyone really think he can do away with the 14th amendment? Does anyone think he can actually just be dictator for a day? Do people actually think these things, or is it just that he signals these are his desires and those that wish without hope for the same things cling to him?

To be honest though, he has exposed American Cultural Evangelical Christianity for what it is and I'm kind of grateful for that. Objectively (and I say this as one who has read the Bible cover to cover) he is the antithesis of what Jesus Christ was. The least Christ like person they could have come up with. I am completely fine with his secular base. If your view is simply that you like what he does and don't tie it to religion, cool. I can understand that. But this Evangelical Christian anointing of him is as anti-Christlike as one could muster. That doesn't mean that I think Biden is Christlike, but certainly the party that wears Christianity on its sleeve could have found someone that better fit.

What I hear from people who still back him are that the ends justify the means. Im ok with people who are willing to own that. The left has their moments of that too. But Trump isn't comparable to any other politician in terms of the cult following he has. People will back him no matter what he says or does. Krisiti Noem doesn't have that luxury even though she is actually less egregious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota