Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:15 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,093,907 times

Advertisements

Green Springs, yeah, some really nice views up there. But even in a buyers market, those view homes on top have to be pricey.

--'rocco
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2007, 04:29 PM

58 posts, read 245,195 times
Just nosed around the other day in Silverstone IV, the newest section at the end of Green Springs, and prices for 2500+ square feet new construction homes are running around the low $500's on up. There are owner-occupied homes in Silverstone III going for the upper $400's on up (I think that area was mostly developed in 2005 and 2006). Probably some of the best prices we'll see in a while, especially if the market picks up again.

Guess pricey-ness --and what anyone is willing to pay-- is a subjective topic for most.

Old 02-01-2007, 04:51 PM

*lol* ...yeah, spencer, you're absolutely right. Pricey for some will not be for others. Good point; my mistake.

I think it was almost two years ago when I was up there looking around. I saw a nice lot with an absolutely gorgeous view ...seemed like you could see forever. A real estate guy approached me; we talked for a bit and the conclusion was: for about a million, I could probably put a nice big house on that lot. I thought to myself, it actually is a pretty good price for what I would be getting but the thing is, I just didn't have a spare million bucks sitting around ...darn!

--'rocco

Old 02-01-2007, 05:02 PM

58 posts, read 245,195 times
Seems like this is the direction St. George is going in - $200k for a quarter acre lot is a "steal." Of course ALL lots in town have a view, view being another one of those loosely defined words. If you've got the money to do so, why not live somewhere beautiful like Green Springs? I would.

Some things to consider, it will probably be one of the areas in town that maintains property value fairly well, which means you won't be risking your investment and future equity build-up as much as you would in an iffy neighborhood. And, view for view and for the curb appeal of the neighborhoods, it's still much, much more affordable than Kayenta, Entrada, the Ledges, and even Castle Rock, some of the other developments that have monopolized the best views in town (and they know it!).

Just some things to consider, IMHO.

Old 02-07-2007, 05:09 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,293,964 times
Hi we live in Green Spring for the last year or so...came from Northern California. It has been a huge culture shock for us, we will probably head back to CA in the next couple years, our kids are there.

Anyway, back to Green Spring...there are at least 7 developments here, from attached homes to million dollar homes, depends on which development. We bought our house in 2005, 2800 sq feet with a casita for $485,000. Most homes in the neighborhood are similar but all custom, no tract homes nearly anywhere in Green Spring.

What I like about this area is it is close to everything. Costco about a mile away, Home depot, Kohls, Petsmart,etc...lots of restaurants, shopping centers could be improved but as more folks move in we will get bigger stores.

You should really check out Green Spring area in Washington City....so close to everything and everything is well maintained here, and yes, some folks have some awesome views. Exit 10 off of I-15, turn left and keep going. Good luck with your move

Old 03-04-2007, 05:01 PM

2 posts, read 6,960 times
I just can't stand Californians because they are moving everywhere and ruining nice places to live.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:32 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,293,964 times
Gee, that is a pretty generalized statement...not all Californians are 'bad'. How are we ruining places to live???

Old 03-04-2007, 07:53 PM

Wow, little flaming going on there!

So, dogmom, when you mention "culture shock" can you elaborate or is it opening up a can of worms?

--'rocco

Old 03-08-2007, 09:14 PM

653 posts, read 3,415,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarie View Post
I just can't stand Californians because they are moving everywhere and ruining nice places to live.
Not really an accurate statement at all. Just wish that wherever they move too, they wouldn't bring along their lousy driving habits.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:48 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,531,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarie View Post

You are absolutely right. We need to get those icky Californians out of Utah! Well, we might make an exception for the ones that buy our houses or property for two or three times the market value. Maybe, we might make an exception if they spend all that filthy California lucre and keep us employed. I guess we could make exceptions for those who pay taxes and raise the surplus so that the legislature now wants to lower taxes. Of course, we should probably keep those that create jobs and raise the employment rate…………….OK, I know; lets get rid of Robert Redford and we won’t let Cher or Barbara Streisand in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
View detailed profiles of: