Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George
 [Register]
St. George Washington County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best Place to move with 3 young children (under 12 yrs. of age)?
St. George, Utah 10 38.46%
Ivins, Utah 3 11.54%
Las Vegas, NV (Summerlin) 8 30.77%
None of the above 6 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:46 PM

95 posts, read 476,028 times

Advertisements

Blondie-rabbit;

Do You Mind Explaining What Do You Mean By "easy To Accuse The Lds For All Your Ills?" What Ill's Are You Talking About?

Old 09-19-2007, 11:54 PM

All you have to do is google Colorado springs or St. George, Utah and you find dozens of websites that contain pictures and so much information. Every state and city has a website that provides information on schools, population, real estate, shopping, art, music, rentals, what to do, where to visit, all sorts of stuff.

Also if you go to the forum such as Colorado, some of the members provide pic's of their own. I know when we going to visit North Carolina I google it and North Carolina has their own forum where anyone could provide information and photos.

Hope you can find what your looking for. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2007, 08:10 AM

242 posts, read 1,117,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Casselli's View Post
Blahblahblah! Listen, what you or anyone else has to say about LDS or Utah is friendly and California is not friendly doesn't matter to me. I pay property taxes, I am a Utah Voter, I own a home and property in St. George, I am a good person and NON-LDS (and I say that with pride) I am a Christian, my home is beautiful and my neighbors are very nice. We say hello and chat and that's about it. I have outside friends that I have made here in St. George and have our principals in common. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE THINKS ABOUT ME...GET IT! I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN AND WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND CAN VOCALIZE WHATEVER WE WISH TO SAY. YOU MAY THINK THAT I EXAGGERATE ABOUT HOW MANY TIMES LDS OR MORMONS (WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELVES) BUT IT IS THE GODS HONEST TRUTH. I PERSONALLY KNOW OF 2 WOMEN THAT IS LDS AND HAS BEEN MARRIED 7 TIMES THE OTHER GOING ON HER 5TH MARRIAGE. WE DON'T SEE THAT IN CALIFORNIA...SORRY BUT IT'S THE TRUTH,DEAR.

Also as the at will state. Yes, California is an at will state but that does not mean that your employer can just terminate you because of religion or because your a female or because your of another race. There are LABOR LAWS that protect the worker. Utah also is an at will state but Utah gets away with unjustifiable acts that are against the Labor codes and no one gives a dam until now. Everyday there are more and more californian Angelinos moving here, more catholic and christians and more hispanics and other races moving here. The Mormon state is losing it's power against the new upcoming changes because Utah state opened it's arms and welcomed us to buy land and build a home. So who's fault is that? You don't pay my bills, taxes, mortgage and even know me. So, if your happy in your little trailer home and being a tour guide...Well then go for it! I'm not standing in your way. However I have the right to tell those who want to know if there is racism and how difficult it is to find a job with good paying wages. What's so wrong with that?

Can't you see how many people at large and not only CA state, but all other states that check into the Utah forum ask about the MORMONS? ARE YOU BLIND? They don't have to read the Utah forum to not know that Mormons are prejudice and racist.

Our own visitors are afraid to visit us because of the reputation that Mormons have. Surely, your not blaming us for sort of disfunctional acts the LDS Mormons have done and do to others? I think you need to go to your ward and talk to your bishops and elders and high priest and let them know what is going on and how Mormons are being precived.

I am not going nowhere. I love it here. I will not allow anyone stand in my way of happiness. I will move when I well and ready to do so. In fact, my plans are to live and know other states and also live in different countries. I love traveling and meeting all sort of people even Mormons, but only the nice ones.

First I do not live in some trailer park nor am I tour guide. Those are unfounded assumptions you have pulled out of some orafice that is a dark hole. Where I live is on the Golf course in Hurricane. The house is 4200 sq. ft. But by your assertions that must be a trailer house. As to my job, I do freelance photography for such publications as conde nast travel magazine and National Geographic to name two. I get paid to travel, but the magazines send me on assignment like I was right after labor day.

Now to the rest of it.... The marriage thing changes each time you post about it. It has gone from 3 to 4 to 6 to 25 now back to three different numbers, and what is laughable is that you have cited those same neighbors each time. What is the real count. As to California not having that happen, you must have had blinders on. Do a little research (legal aides are good at reasearch are they not?) and you will find that California tops the list of divorce stats for the country. As to being racist and teling others what Mormons/LDS are, that is a view you trumpet based on again your assumptions. I would be very interested in this supposed case you won against your employer here. I would make a good read to see exactly what happened. As to an employer asking about religion, they are not allowed by federal law to ask. Pure and simple this state and in particular employers know that. Knowing the Mormon/LDS church, they are not going to go to some employer and tell them to fire a person so that another can be hired. That is blatantly against what the church is about. There are plenty of places that a person can be employed that they do not have to put another person out of a job. This is something you probably don't know or wish to consider because it would upset your biased axe grinding view. Deseret industries is the first place a person would be placed. They might only be making minimum like all other jobs, but it is a job. How do I know this? Because currently my brother in law is a Bishop in St. George. he was appalled that such a thing had been asserted. Given y9our wild exaggerations and some outright lies, it is hard to believe anything you have had to say. You wear your victim hood with pride, and walow in it. It is time to get over that the state didn't pay you disability to live off welfare and pay your mortgage while you were sick. 43 other states would not have paid either. Time to get over the fact that the pay scale here is not what it is in Caslifornia. time to get over the fact that this is UTAH not California. BTW, A lot more Mormons/LDS are moving into the state than those who are not. so the stats will not change much. I have never said for you to move. But I do question why you moved here in the first place. You have had nothing but bad to say, and you obviously did not research out your move. You expected there to be everything exactly like there is in Pasadena with respects to services/wages/resturants/state benefits/and violin lessons. The LA California metro area is vast. It has every opportunity or service under the sun. Washington county is just over 70K population. It has limited services and opportunities. It will take decades for St. George to change. The locals here liked what it use to be. The influx of people coming who did not do research who do nothing but whine that it is not like the place they left, and they will be glad when the locals are forced to change does not engender good feelings. In fact it plain pisses people off and makes them hate Californians who come and spout what you say. No wonder California gets a bad rep here. I find When I mention I moved here from California 2 years ago, I quickly say, I am returning, I use to live here long ago. That changes the dirty look to one of acceptence. I should not have to do that, but somewhere along the line the bad attitude of those who moved here with the same claims you have asserted in many posts have caused that scism.

As for the blaming the LDS/Mormons for all your ills, well go back and read your posts. YOUR own posts are nothing but different degrees of hatred for LDS/Mormons. You sprinkle in a few things about at first one person who invited you for Thanksgiving, to then a neighbor, now you have several neighbors. What consitutes a good Mormon? One that bows down to you and your lies? Well I figure a "Nice Mormon" is one who is friendly, but not led by blind wild assertions with no foundation in reality.

I too have the freedom of speech. I to consider myself a good Christian, (surprise Mormons are considered Christian faith as well) I also know how to research, and find out the information I need. I live in a very nice home, not some trailer park. That is laughable since that must be what you tag all people who do not lock step with your acid beliefs. Be careful what you assert becasuse there are people that will call you on your fabrications. If it stinks like manure, most likely it is.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:21 PM

Default Blondie-rabbit "The Last Of Sequel"

I am not going to entertain and use my precious time to continue to amuse you. I think you and I have said our share. Honestly, I could care a less as how you or any other person perceives me. I know who I am and what I am. Believe what you want to believe....it's your life not mine. Enjoy working for National geographic and Conde Travel Nest Magazines....that's where your talent must be focused at, which I really doubt you do that for a living, honey.

Professional photographers are much more sophisticated and are enriched with words and thoughts. I highly doubt that I would find a real professional (as you say you are) wasting their time in the Utah forum trying to change the world and fabricating stories about others. Did you know that October is "CANCER AWARENESS MONTH"? I'll be busy helping women who are fighting for their life due to Cancer and I figure since I'm blessed to be a "Survivor" and not a "Victim" as you describe me. That is a slap in the face to all other cancer survivors. You just never know one minute to the next...life is good for you now and when you least expect it, BAM! So I'd be careful...You may need me someday to help. And you know what? I'll be there for you, sister.

Again, you questioning me as if I were your husband or child is neither something I care to respond. The truth of the matter "you give me a headache"....you nag nag nag!

However, there is one thing I agree with you, suprised? There is a high rate in divorce not only in the state of California but also many other states as well. The difference is the Utah marries their young adult children because of religion beliefs and then get divorced after having a large family. Now what happens to that single divorced LDS mother? They find another man to marry or have to seek assistance from the state, right? The circle repeats itself over and over. In CA and other states there may be a high divorce rate but at least they only marry once or twice, with the exception of a 3rd marriage. Those that have been married more then 3 times are more likely the movie stars, like Elizabeth Taylor. Well I don't have to tell you more cuz YOU KNOW EVERTHING! (so you think). It would be lovely to see some of your magnificant photography. Do you have a website? My daughter is an amature photographer and does short films...she was just asking because she knows certain people with National Geographics.

OH JUST ONE MORE THING...A CURTSY WILL DO, SWEETY.

Last edited by The Casselli's; 09-20-2007 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: corrections

Old 09-20-2007, 09:18 PM

242 posts, read 1,117,090 times
No it is not you ai ask to justify, it seems you make assumptions and then fabricate. Want to see some pictures? How about recent ones that were in an art magazine? They were done via Lith printing. do you understand that term? I doubt you do. It would be too technical. Laymans terms those are straight traditional prints done in a wet darkroom. It is the process that splits the colors and does funky things. Google it and then maybe you will find the expert on lith printing and ask him who did those prints. Yep I can back up what I say. Now how about you? What is the case number of the so called suit you won against a St. George employer? BTW the last two prints if you have the background you have claimed you would know where they are.

Funny when you get confronted with someone calling you on the lies you back peddle and attack saying such things as you live in a trailer... Wild exaggerations and untruths can haunt you especially when someone can site the inaccuracies. Good you survived cancer been there done that I don't have to shout it. As to the victim part, you have claimed over and over again that Utah has made you a victim by not paying you what amounts to welfare. Which 43 other states would not have done either. If what you have shown on your capabilites for research and your supposed knowledge of the laws both federal and state, I would have fired you as well. Learn and maybe you can keep a job that is in a state that doesn't guartee you are a protected class that can't be fired.

As to the marriages, the state does not marry of people. People marry people. It is not the lDS church it is the people. And dearheart you better do better research on divorce rates in California. Again your legal skills of research are found lacking. It is not just movie stars. If you didn't fabricate and make wild assertions there would be no response. I know I'm not alone in finding the boy crying wolf scenerio tiresome. You say people moving here need to know. What do they need to know? That yu can make up more and more exaggerated stories? You have an ax to grind against the Mormon/LDS church and the state of Utah becasue it is not California nor will it ever be.

No matter how you harp or try to intimadate with false information and accusations, I havve the same rights you do to be here. I can spend my time if I choose posting here just like you do. You have in round about ways several times told me to leave the site. Afraid of the turth being told? I happen to do concentrated work for a couple of weeks at a time, the rest is my own to do with as I choose. So if I check this site a couple of times a day or don't check it it is my choice not becasue you want me gone.
Attached Thumbnails
St. George, Utah - Need Advice/info.!!!-peeking-peak-1c.jpg   St. George, Utah - Need Advice/info.!!!-img012.jpg   St. George, Utah - Need Advice/info.!!!-img010.jpg   St. George, Utah - Need Advice/info.!!!-img011.jpg   St. George, Utah - Need Advice/info.!!!-img009.jpg  

Old 09-21-2007, 03:34 AM

Your welcome Flatfoot! Anytime! That's what I'm here for to bust your bubble, sweetie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > St. George