Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 04:51 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,058,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
There are NO franchising fees I assure you Monavie is not peach juice have you even looked at the fruit involved in Monavie?
If it's the same stuff they are hawking at Costco pretty much every time I go, as was mentioned earlier in the post it was there, it's pretty much all peach juice...I was showing my wife and laughing at it last weekend. No Acai in it period.

Franchise, pyramid, subscription fees...it's all a scam.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:07 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
If it's the same stuff they are hawking at Costco pretty much every time I go, as was mentioned earlier in the post it was there, it's pretty much all peach juice...I was showing my wife and laughing at it last weekend. No Acai in it period.

Franchise, pyramid, subscription fees...it's all a scam.
Hmmmm.. Lets see:

MonaVie ingredients are made up of 19 strategically picked fruits. Each offering its own unique health benefits to the blend.

MonaVie Original Ingredients

MonaVie's original blend includes the following ingredients:

Acai berry, apricot, banana, acerola, aronia, blueberry, cranberry, lychee fruit,

passion fruit, pomegranate, purple grape, wolfberry (goji), white grape, prune, pear,

nashi pear, kiwi, camu camu, and bilberry.

MonaVie Ingredients Review

MonaVie Juice Official Review

Last edited by Miborn; 04-07-2009 at 09:33 AM..

Old 04-03-2009, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Hmmmm.. Lets see:

MonaVie ingredients are made up of 19 strategically picked fruits. Each offering its own unique health benefits to the blend.

MonaVie Original Ingredients

MonaVie's original blend includes the following ingredients:

Acai berry, apricot, banana, acerola, aronia, blueberry, cranberry, lychee fruit,

passion fruit, pomegranate, purple grape, wolfberry (goji), white grape, prune, pear,

nashi pear, kiwi, camu camu, and bilberry.

MonaVie Ingredients Review

MonaVie Juice Official Review

You seem to be awfully involved with the manufacturers party line...

Doesn't matter what the front says, I look at the ingredient list on the back that is required to list what's in it. Actually required by the % amount in the product...it's first ingredient was peach juice, no Acai listed in it. If anyone wants to take a look at it, go to Costco and look it up on the government mandated list and not the marketing crap...I was looking at it because I want to actually see what Acai tastes like some day.

I would take a pict but they frown on that in Costco, and I'm not going to spend money on something that lies to you about what is in it. Put what you want into your body though, but if some one asks about it and I have seen it...I'll tell them what I have seen.

Last edited by subsound; 04-03-2009 at 10:38 PM..

Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 AM

Got to love when the Consumerist covers this stuff as a scam, you know it's good to the last drop.

MonaVie: Just What The Heck Is MonaVie, And Should I Sell It?
Scams: "The Purple Horror" Monavie Group Blog

Old 04-20-2009, 11:38 AM

542 posts, read 1,449,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaylyn09 View Post
how can u say the company is bs and their net profit exceeded 9 billion since its starting in 2005...I speak from experience no other affiliate marketing co. in exsistence has its incentive program...you are able to earn in 8 different ways...Saturday I attended a Mona Vie tasting party which is not my first that my girlfriend and her 2 teamates sponsored...I've been involved going a few months now...3 individuals signed up which increased their team commisions by $40...you can make money by selling the product in which you get a (4 in a)case every month by joining in which you have the option to consume the product yourself, sell it or have someone join your team in which not only do you get a pay out that occurs every week you now get a percentage of what they make...not out of their pocket but what the company pays you for expanding...think of it like this...if you got 20 friends that have 10 friends who have 5 friends that can afford to invest 125.00 bucks to turn over triple or even quadrouple your investment...you jus created yourself 35 sources of income ranging from 40 bucks to hundreds... For more info i can be contacted at onlyoasis@hotmail.com It's a wonderful co. My girlfriend and I jus purchased another vehicle. My step daughter is in private school... It's that easy!!!

check the definition of pyramid scheme. you just summed it up

Old 04-20-2009, 11:57 AM

1,105 posts, read 4,571,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter8319 View Post
check the definition of pyramid scheme. you just summed it up
I think the defination of an actual pyramid scheme is different. Their marketing method is just like Mary Kay, and a zillion other companies out there.

There are some foods out there that are considered superfoods. Acai is one of them. My issue with MonaVie is that it has sodium benzoate, a preservative, in it and if you truly want to be healthy you should avoid that kind of stuff. I am sure that it has some health benefits but is it worth the cost of $40. You only drink a shot glass full of it twice a day. My FIL became a distributer of it last year and really bought into it. He even made a comment that theoretically he could just stop buying fruits and veggies, that he gets all the vitamins and minerals he needs from the monavie. I commented that there is no way in a million years you are going to convince me that drinking two shot glasses of a juice a day can ever replace eating a whole food diet consisting of lots of fresh fruits and veggies. I haven't asked him about it but I don't think he is selling it anymore.

Like I said already, I am sure there are SOME good benefits to it but the majority is all about marketing.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:19 PM

1 posts, read 3,279 times
southernaturelover..what is the ORAC rating for POM juice?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements