Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:31 AM

9 posts, read 70,535 times

Advertisements

I was approached with an opportunity to become a MonaVie distributor...any experiences???

Old 07-04-2008, 08:10 AM

759 posts, read 3,691,289 times
Nope.. total bs. Don't waste your time.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:51 AM

469 posts, read 2,343,335 times
My dad swears by it as do a few friends of mine. They aren't trying to make me a distributer, just want me to try it. I have a bottle in my fridge right now but haven't popped it open yet. FWIW right not Costco has a similar product in right now that's more like a blueberry juice but it has the acai in it too. It doesn't have the glucosamine in it though and I'm sure that's why the older generation like my dad likes the Monavie.

Old 07-04-2008, 08:57 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,433,233 times
It's just a new fad. There is no magic pill (or magic juice). Eat right and exercise, and you'll be healthy. People are always looking for the easy fix in our society.

People lived very healthy lives long before this stuff, and they will long after. There have been a hundred different versions of the next "super juice" and they all fade away. It's juice.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:19 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,823,408 times
It's the new 'miracle' elixir and it's basically snake oil. Common sense and the realization that result without work is impossible seem to float to the top on this one...

Why can't people just understand, especially in a city that's filled with obesity, that if you want to lead a long, healthy life, it begins with your attitudes towards food, intake control and exercise. Thanks to people who CAN'T control themselves, tax-payers are stuck with billions of dollars in their medical care costs and other such expenses.

Learn it and love it: There is no 'quick fix' out there. If you choose to pig out at Taco Cabana on a Friday night, get your ass outta bed on Saturday morning and hit that treadmill. Tit for tat.

How's this for a staggering factoid: Only 4% of obese people out there are that way due to genetic factors. Meaning, 96% of people eat or laze their way to butterball proportions. How depressing.

BN

Old 07-04-2008, 11:20 AM

9 posts, read 70,535 times
Wow...that is depressing. I am a huge gym rat and I feel the same way about laziness and obesity. However, I did notice that MonaVie contains antioxidants that kill free radical cells, which if you are a health nut like I am, you know that free radicals are what aids in causing cancer, heart disease, arthritis..etc...so this isn't something that necessarily makes you thin.

I think I'm going to give it a go...at least for 6 months...what have I got to lose. My buddy seems to like it and he makes about $200 a week from it...not too bad!

Old 07-04-2008, 11:34 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,457,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by San Antonio Stud View Post
Wow...that is depressing. I am a huge gym rat and I feel the same way about laziness and obesity. However, I did notice that MonaVie contains antioxidants that kill free radical cells, which if you are a health nut like I am, you know that free radicals are what aids in causing cancer, heart disease, arthritis..etc...so this isn't something that necessarily makes you thin.

I think I'm going to give it a go...at least for 6 months...what have I got to lose. My buddy seems to like it and he makes about $200 a week from it...not too bad!
Thats right the killing free radicals are a huge plus! I know people who have had their blood pressure drop that were on meds and still could not control it. Dr. wanted to know what he was doing! Others that have joint/inflammation issues that feel better as well. It also give you the recommended daily allowance of fruits and veggies with 2-4 ounces a day, not bad I'd say! For someone like me that does not eat enough fruit it is wonderful. It is a great product...

Old 07-30-2008, 11:38 PM

1 posts, read 20,984 times
Default Beware of the Monavie Business

While Mona Vie the product is very much a revolutionary product and is doing amazing things in the wellness industry, the business side of Mona Vie is full of hollow promises and untruths.

The Network Marketing leadership structure of this company is by in large VERY misleading about the income potential of this opportunity.

Looking at Mona Vie's published income disclosure statement, about 300 distributores of the current 1.5 million, or so, current distributors are being paid at the Gold Executive Level and above. That is .002%. In other words, you have a 1 in 50,000 chance of making it to Gold Excecutive. Looking again at the income disclosure statment, a person has a 1 in 1.3 million chance of making it to Black Diamond Executive!

The Mona Vie leadership don't tell you this. They claim anyone can make it to Black Diamond Executive and make the big bucks if he/she works hard enough. 1 in 1.3 million chance -- I don't think so.

Here is a link very clearly showing how two Mona Vie distributors in Eugene Oregon are basically lying to promote the business:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...ie-c83429.html

Old 07-31-2008, 02:35 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
Depending on your age the USDA recommends up to 13 fruit and veggies a day. Monavie can provide a little of the nutrients of primarily fruit and berry items but is very lacking in veggies. There are several whole food supplement options available that provide a much wider balance and at a much lower cost. The best that you can hope for is a little help filling in for some of what you miss in your diet. But there is no supplement that can replace eating the actual produce.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:08 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,656,319 times
If you want a good antioxidant juice try POM pomegranate juice, you can buy it at the grocery store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.