Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 09:26 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times

Advertisements

I can think of much better ways to spend 65 bucks a month! Just saying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 08:25 AM

2 posts, read 34,550 times
You obviously do not know about quality supplementation. Do some research before you post or tour Standard Process in Wisconsin. They make amazing products. If you choose to buy your supplements at Sam's just remember, you get what you pay for.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:30 AM

2 posts, read 34,550 times
I have a friend who is a nurse that took a prescription for years to help her bone density. She started a doctor recommended protocol using Standard Process supplements and rechecked after 10-12 months and she no longer is classified as having osteoporosis. I would call that success!

Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbl1508 View Post
You obviously do not know about quality supplementation. Do some research before you post or tour Standard Process in Wisconsin. They make amazing products. If you choose to buy your supplements at Sam's just remember, you get what you pay for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbl1508 View Post
I have a friend who is a nurse that took a prescription for years to help her bone density. She started a doctor recommended protocol using Standard Process supplements and rechecked after 10-12 months and she no longer is classified as having osteoporosis. I would call that success!
Whatever Standard Process product your friend took, she would have had the same result with lower cost versions.

Higher price does not mean higher quality.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 17,245 times
@exerciseanddiet: Have you researched these products or are you just taking someone else's word? When I saw my boyfriend's cardio-plus, made by standard process, contained things like bovine orchic extract (cattle testicle, quite literally), porcine brain, and porcine stomach (among the grosser ingredients listed.. There were others equally questionable), I started reading.

Now I know you cant believe everything you read, which is why I do a lot of research. When I found the quackwatch article, with its' lengthy bibliography, it is the kind of article I look for: one with sources cited.

I found out about the long-questionable history of Royal Lee (founder), the Lee Foundation for Nutritional Research, and Standard Process (including tangles with the FDA, getting fined for false medical claims, and inventions that don't live up to their claims). The problems go back a long way.

Standard Process wouldn't be the first medical quackery we've seen and they sure won't be the last. My boyfriend has had two heart surgeries, and I can tell you, if he experiences another problem, we won't be relying on a chiropractor's advise; we will go to a cardiologist. If you, or anyone else, has a serious problem, such as the person with osteoporosis, do yourself a favor and get to a professional. If you need a neck adjustment or spine crack, that's a chiropractor's playing field. If a chiropractor comes at you with "cures" for allergies, stomach ailments, bone density problems, etc., run. That is not their field, and they are in it to make a quick buck off of you. See a professional associated with that problem and if you don't like their answer, get a second opinion, but please, get it from someone who knows their field.

Last edited by Kissamew; 12-13-2011 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: Typo and grammar fix.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:31 PM

1 posts, read 16,237 times
I am a chiropractor of 20-plus years. I do not use SP for two reasons: relatively high cost and very low potency.

Many chiros do not want to waste time using nutrition and go with the herd, which is either SP or Nutri-West.

Regardless, the profit margins are way down, and unless you can make a demonstrable difference for the patient, with the Internet and ubiquitous Wal-Mart vitamins, the patient buys from you once, then refills from somewhere cheaper.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 PM

20 posts, read 53,442 times
Default new to SP

I just came back from my 2nd visit to a Nutritional Dr. They did the Nutritional Response Testing and came up with some high levels of metals in my body and a few other things. Basically told me my Adrenal Gland is not functioning. I have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for several years. My MD wants to put me on Zoloft but I have been resistant. I hate taking pills! But for now....just to get through....I take a .5 Ativan to get past the times I get panic attacks/anxiety right now until i can make an informed decision.

Just looking at all these bottles of pills in front of me is causing me more anxiety! I really would like some informed feedback on IF this works or IF it is just waste of time and money.

I am a 40 year old woman, single mom, 2 kids (14 and 9). I dont exercise regularly (am going to start this week though) and have no other underlying conditions (no diabetes, no heart conditions, etc.) Just alot of stress.

So I bought the supplements and here is my schedule:

Breakfast
6 - Lact-Enz
1 cap of Stress
3- GA Adrenal
1/2- Organically Bound Minerals

Lunch
1- GA Adrenal

Dinner
3 - Diaplex
6 - Lact-Enz
2 caps of Stress
1- GA Adrenal
1/2- Lactic Acid Yeast

Before Bed
1-Diaplex

Old 03-26-2013, 07:46 PM

37,102 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissie711 View Post
I just came back from my 2nd visit to a Nutritional Dr. They did the Nutritional Response Testing and came up with some high levels of metals in my body and a few other things. Basically told me my Adrenal Gland is not functioning. I have been dealing with anxiety and panic attacks for several years. My MD wants to put me on Zoloft but I have been resistant. I hate taking pills! But for now....just to get through....I take a .5 Ativan to get past the times I get panic attacks/anxiety right now until i can make an informed decision.

Just looking at all these bottles of pills in front of me is causing me more anxiety! I really would like some informed feedback on IF this works or IF it is just waste of time and money.

I am a 40 year old woman, single mom, 2 kids (14 and 9). I dont exercise regularly (am going to start this week though) and have no other underlying conditions (no diabetes, no heart conditions, etc.) Just alot of stress.

Breakfast
6 - Lact-Enz
1 cap of Stress
3- GA Adrenal

Lunch
1- GA Adrenal

Dinner
3 - Diaplex
6 - Lact-Enz
2 caps of Stress
1- GA Adrenal
1/2- Lactic Acid Yeast

Before Bed
1-Diaplex
"Nutritional response testing" is a scam.

Stop wasting your money. Eat real food, especially fruits and vegetables. If you absolutely feel you must take a vitamin, a generic multivitamin is all you need.

Science-Based Medicine » Applied Kinesiology by Any Other Name…

Old 03-27-2013, 05:41 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"Nutritional response testing" is a scam.

Stop wasting your money. Eat real food, especially fruits and vegetables. If you absolutely feel you must take a vitamin, a generic multivitamin is all you need.

Science-Based Medicine » Applied Kinesiology by Any Other Name…
Also at her age she might benefit from starting on calcium - a single 750mg TUMs per day, no need to megadose.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 15,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bissie711 View Post

Breakfast
6 - Lact-Enz
1 cap of Stress
3- GA Adrenal

Lunch
1- GA Adrenal

Dinner
3 - Diaplex
6 - Lact-Enz
2 caps of Stress
1- GA Adrenal
1/2- Lactic Acid Yeast

Before Bed
1-Diaplex
I do rescue work with dogs and rescue old dogs in particular. I started about 4 years ago taking the sick dogs to a vet who does the nutrition response testing. I saw miracle after miracle as old dogs had their health restored. My own dogs and one cat have been through NRT with phenomenal results, some of them actually near death or not able to walk. When people don't believe it, I tell them the dogs don't lie; either they get better or they don't. So after seeing such tremendous results with all the pets, I started NRT for myself. I had liver and thyroid issues and a low WBC. I let the internist try the drugs and they did nothing. I started faithfully with the NRT and in about 5 months, my thyroid and liver were totally back to normal, and my WBC is almost normal. I had the blood tests to prove it so I absolutely know it works. There is a lot people don't know about nutrition and health, so they just dismiss it because they are brainwashed by traditional medicine. NRT can take time but I'm glad I stuck with it. Many of the products the pets and I have used, are Standard Process and they have always done what they were supposed to. Most supplements you buy in grocery stores, etc., are full of synthetic ingredients so I wouldn't expect them to work as good as whole food supplements like Standard Process. You have to give the NRT time to work. One or two visits is not enough. I've stuck with it for 5 months and got the desired results. I hope you feel better soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Supplements