Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2007, 01:42 PM

3 posts, read 13,977 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am visiting B-ville to meet some old classmates and would like to seem in touch with the area. I understand there are 2 nice restaurants on the water (canal i think) and am wondering what their names are and what they are like...anyone want to help?
What is B-ville like these days?
(we actually went to school in Syracuse but one of them now lives in Clay)
thanks
Chef
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 08:27 PM

161 posts, read 1,049,311 times
Chef, There is a Blue Water Grill in Bville, it over looks the water and is really nice. They are owned by Blue water grill from Skaneateles. There are two major differences, The Blue water grill in Skaneateles is opened all winter and has good food. The Bville Blue Water has a nice setting and a great cold beer, but I am not too hot on their food. I think they can use a real Chef(hint hint). There is a new restaurant not yet opened across the river from the blue water and I don't know it's name. There is another Pub that is kind of on the water. It is called Lake Effect and I think it is a great local pub. Otherwise, Bville has been revitalized and it is pretty busy in the summer months. And one more water front restaurant, Lock 24 a restaurant that over looks the lock, that is pretty nice also.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:39 AM

Post Lock 24

Hi Glen,
thanks for your reply, is this Lock 24 place kind of newish as well? Like 5=6 years old maybe? I think it may have a patio deck overlooking the water. Also is it somewhat upscale?
Thanks
Chef

Old 01-29-2007, 01:15 PM

Default b-ville

Hi again,
I was also wondeing about the blue water grill... my cousin told me that that place is pretty okay and he thinks the owner has another restaurant somewhere.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:30 PM

Yes, Chef that's Lock 24 you described. The Blue Water here in Bville is a very nice place with a nice setting, and a pretty popular summer spot (opens April 12) and yes they own the original one in Skaneateles (ate there today), but for some reason the food quality is not nearly as good in Bville as it is in Skaneateles.

Old 01-29-2007, 08:55 PM

17 posts, read 60,839 times
hello to the new york snow gang! Hear the lake effect snows are kicking in! i can't wait to leave the smelly south and get lost in a snow storm only to find one of the fine restaurants to eat and drink some cold beers! Herman here

Old 01-30-2007, 05:19 AM

Herman!!! Come on up, we are in a winter wonderland!

Old 02-05-2007, 07:14 AM

10 posts, read 33,296 times
I am coming up to Skaneateles this wknd and was recommended to go to the Blue Water Grill- from what I hear and read- sounds like it will be a good choice.
I can't wait to have a good meal at a restaurant- because I live in SC right now and I dread going out here as I don't like the food. Can't wait to see the snow and my kids can not wait for us to move back home. Hope my house sells soon so I can enjoy NY again. Also I hear mixed reviews on Doug's Fish Fry in Skaneanteles-- any feed back???

Old 02-05-2007, 08:28 PM

Autumn, Doug's is what it is, a fish fry. We love it, but it is not gourmet by any means. It is great quality fried fish with a real quaint upstate dining area. Order the chowder, and make sure you have the cole slaw. If you don't want deep fried they have a broiled salmon, which is pretty good. Doug's is great for an informal easy dinner or a lunch. If you want to step it up there is the Blue Water (love It) and the Sherwood INN, which we also Love. Great atmosphere, wood burning fire and there is a pub side and a restaurant side, both great, we prefer the pub side. Also if you like sushi, there is Kabuki. There are probably a few other places that I didn't mention but I'll squeeze in Johnny Angels, great burger place particularly if you are bring the kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area