Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:17 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,338,618 times

Advertisements

Is there anyway that you could right this down and leave in where an admin can find it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2013, 05:55 AM

5,725 posts, read 11,753,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Concerned Teacher View Post

Now in the past, I HAVE heard of students teaming up and purposely trying to ruin a teachers' career, but this is a little far fetched in my opinion . Especially for fourth graders.
I would have to agree. I think she knows she's busted.

Old 11-02-2013, 07:22 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,514,626 times
I find this explanation far-fetched because although students certainly can and do decide to team up and try to ruin a teacher or "sink the sub" or whatever, taking it to the step of wetting their pants on purpose in front of peers at this age is way out there. It's much more likely the teacher knows she's in deep water and is grasping at straws at this point, though it's certainly likely the students don't like her and wish she was gone...

Old 11-02-2013, 09:24 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,253,466 times
On the virtually impossible chance that they hate her so much that they are willing to be known as pee-pee pants, this indicates an extreme case of a teacher who lacks the ability to connect with her students. That she thinks this is plausible is just one more reason why she needs to be gone sooner rather than later.

Why on Earth would your principal recommend you talk to the union about another teacher or events that negatively impact his students? The principal and union should not be working as one. The union has a different function in this case, the teacher's protection. The principal's function is supervision of the teacher and protecting his students. This doesn't smell right.

Old 11-02-2013, 10:15 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,284,339 times
What an odd story.

Although, it does seen pretty unlikely, It is possible that some of the students have banded together to try to embarrass or get the new teacher fired. I have seen some pretty strange things happen in some schools and some pretty savvy and manipulative young students.

It doesn't seem any less likely than a teacher who would enjoy letting children having bathroom accidents.

Old 11-02-2013, 04:28 PM

595 posts, read 2,709,114 times
Quote:
I personally would like to thank everyone for offering your MUCH needed support. Here's an update of what happen today. Sorry for being so long, but I feel I needed to be as descriptive as possible.

I took the advice of contacting the Union rep first thing this morning. I described to him the full details of the situation. He told me that they, the union, are aware of the issue and that they're working on it. He informed me that our principal, was also notified.

Later on that day, I was returning to my classroom early from lunch and saw the "problem teacher" sobbing at her desk. Since we had about a good 15 minutes before the students would return, I came in and asked her what was wrong. I just figured she was fired. However, that was not the case. She began to tell me how the students hated her and wanted her gone. I reminded her about all the accidents that occurred under her watch as a good reason why the students didn't like her. She (still in tears) told me that the students were wetting their pants on purpose because she said the students were just trying to leave class and she refused a trip to the restroom because it wasn't an emergency. According to her, the students were trying to challenge her authority. She continued on and said that at the very end of class, a student would wet themselves, on purpose, and she would send them to the nurse. I told her when the students came to my class, they informed me that she never would let anyone leave and would make students who wet themselves, march to the nurse station during passing periods for the other students to see. She quickly jumped up and yelled, "that's a flat out lie! I would never do something so cruel!" I mentioned the comment she made during our first exchange about having a thing for seeing a child in wet clothes. She told me that she meant the students, for some reason, seem to be purposely having accidents during her class. She explain that her comment was made in jest and was just her way of wondering why students are challenging her authority. She told me that no student had an accident in the past few weeks. I informed her of the class restroom trips that me and the other teacher started. She quickly thanked me and said she'll do this as well.

She went on to tell me how much trouble the students are giving her when they come to her class. According to her, the class goes up for grabs and she struggles with getting everything under control. She says that a couple students verbally attack her on a daily occurrence. She believes that the students are purposely having accidents and picking on her since she is the new teacher in the school and are trying to either, get her to quit, or fired. She told me that she was fearful the admins would believe the students and contacted the principal and teacher's union herself. (This might explain why the union rep told me they were already aware of the situation.) She revealed to me a notebook with the names, date, and time of each student who had an accident. She informed me that she sent copies to the union, the school nurse, and the principal. She also asked many of the 3rd and 2nd grade teachers, as well as the nurse, if accidents were common from that list of students. She said that the teachers told her no and the nurse told her some "bladder infection" is probably just going around and not to worry. She said she told the nurse to contact the parents of the students as well (not sure if the nurse followed up on her end). By this point, the students were released from lunch and we had to end our conversation here. I told her that I would be referring to this conservation with our meeting with the principal after school. She said (in a more cheerful face with tears of joy), "please do and thank you for understanding!"

The meeting with the principal this afternoon included her telling her version of the story. I mentioned to the principle what the students told me in my class. The other teacher brought up the classroom restroom trips that we started. The principal instructed all of us to carefully listen to what the students are saying around their peers and report anything suspicious. He also said that he'll have a special plan on Monday (he didn't elaborate). Once the meeting was over and the "problem teacher" was excused, the principal instructed me and the other teacher to report to him, or union, if we find out that she is really causing issues and to keep an eye on her.

Now in the past, I HAVE heard of students teaming up and purposely trying to ruin a teachers' career, but this is a little far fetched in my opinion . Especially for fourth graders. At this point I'm not so sure who to believe.
Uhm, 4th graders peeing their pants on purpose? Really? Is this a special education class or just your normal run of the mill elementary? My BS meter is going off the charts even more after this update.

She sounds incredibly manipulative hence the crying act and the plaintive "Thank you" after you listened to her tale of woe. Either way she's clearly not cut out for teaching and should probably be on her way to a different career. I can only HOPE that the principal is documenting this in preparation for letting her go.

Old 11-02-2013, 05:12 PM

21,087 posts, read 29,333,584 times
What happened to the I LIKE TO SEE THEM WET comment?

Quote:
I mentioned the comment she made during our first exchange about having a thing for seeing a child in wet clothes. She told me that she meant the students, for some reason, seem to be purposely having accidents during her class. She explain that her comment was made in jest and was just her way of wondering why students are challenging her authority.
I wonder...it is a rather twisted way of joking and now she is letting it all flow (no pun) that they are out to get her? Hmmmmmmm....

Old 11-02-2013, 10:51 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,777,691 times
Quote:
She believes that the students are purposely having accidents and picking on her since she is the new teacher in the school and are trying to either, get her to quit, or fired.....

She said ... the nurse told her some "bladder infection" is probably just going around and not to worry....

The principal instructed all of us to carefully listen to what the students are saying around their peers and report anything suspicious... the principal instructed me and the other teacher to report to him, or union, if we find out that she is really causing issues and to keep an eye on her....

At this point I'm not so sure who to believe.
These are some of the wackiest lines I have ever heard in a school.

Sigh.

Child Protective Services, where are you????

Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 AM

20,135 posts, read 16,253,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
These are some of the wackiest lines I have ever heard in a school.

Sigh.

Child Protective Services, where are you????
Child Protective Service? Where in the *beep* are the parents?!?

Old 11-03-2013, 02:28 AM

115 posts, read 120,894 times
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHA.

This is the **** I had to go through.

I as a very quiet shy kid, so I didn't like being the center of attention. So it would literally kill me to have to raise my hand in the middle of class to ask to go to the bathroom.

Plus I had diarrhea way too often when I was a kid, which would make matters worse for me.

I still don't know how I held my bowels and pee in like that so much.

But yea, I HATE almost all the teachers I've had.

They're nothing but old women (i used the term women because the real word is against the rules here), who only care about their own comfort. If they want to have food in class, they can but we couldn't. If they want to take a bathroom break, they just give us an assignment and go take a dump.

Seriously, in the future they will probably install robotic cameras/sensors in the stalls to make sure you actually did a poo poo or pee pee, and weren't just going to the bathroom to take a break and chat with a friend.

edit: I feel really bad for all kids that have to go to school. It's nothing but a prison where you learn how to be a sheeple. 90% of the things your taught you will forget within a month.

Parent's want their kids out of the house at 3 years old now a days.

How about parent's become the primary teachers for their kids now a days? You know, if you can't teach your kid up to 5th grade math and reading skills, you probably shouldn't be a parent in the first place!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Teaching