Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Tornadoes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2014, 01:02 AM

2 posts, read 3,263 times

Advertisements

Tornado's are visible funnel of condensed water. What if we freeze instantly the water in tornado. freeze it instantly. i was looking for chemical to do this and got this url
Is there a way to chemically freeze ice?

ammonium nitrate can be used to freeze instantly. pour this from flight or send autonomous car to spray on tornado...imagination is plenty.

right from the cloud to bottom of funnel, it will freeze and so the wind will blow the ice to ground.

u need water for tornado...solid will change the perspective..if u have solid, it will break and gets thrown out and the tornado can be overcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 05:28 PM

10,363 posts, read 7,995,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_rajesh77 View Post
Tornado's are visible funnel of condensed water..
No, a tornado is a rapidly rotating column of air. It may or may not have a condensation cloud associated with it. And the forces within the supercell thunderstorm that are causing the air to circularly rotate at speeds of up to 200+ miles/hour are far, far in excess of what we can disrupt with our puny technology. Sorry, but your idea won't work.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:27 PM

2 posts, read 3,263 times
I read from an article which stated that

"Not all tornadoes are visible but their high wind speeds and rapid rotation often form a visible funnel of condensed water."

Thats the reason I arrived at this idea.

May be it may not work, but it is just an attempt to overcome tornadoes which causes so much of havoc and loss of life, which is completely devastating.

I usually think we are sitting idle instead of trying to overcome this giant. Any other ideas is welcome, if incase this doesnot work.

Old 07-04-2014, 10:29 AM

659 posts, read 899,562 times
Nah, build a big wall in tornado alley instead.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:33 PM

118 posts, read 101,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina311 View Post
Nah, build a big wall in tornado alley instead.
Lol I remember hearing that ridiculous idea. There is not one once of me that believes that. Seems to me to be based off a theory that tornadoes don't happen on mountains which has been proven otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather > Tornadoes