Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2024, 01:01 PM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
A young American female alone in Mexico with a rental car to me doesn't sound like the most prudent travel

Is this person a young American female?

I did it, plus many other places out of USA. Don’t discourage solo women from traveling.

OP, you could also stay at a resort in Playa del Carmen on Yucatán Peninsula & arrange
To join group tour of Chichen Itza etc. And, you would be right on a warm, sandy beach, you could just hang at the beach.Or, just stay in Merida, much to do there. Another option in Mexico is San Miguel de Allende, a beautiful Mexican colonial town full of American expats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2024, 07:02 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,564,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresc21 View Post
Looking to take a solo birthday trip either late in Feb or early March. It doesn't have to be somewhere warm, I don't mind cooler climates, but I'd like if it's not the arctic tundra. I'll be going from Austin TX. I would really like to add another stamp to my passport (it has a grand total of one) if possible, so Mexico and Costa Rica are high considerations. I've done a lot of research of different cities, but nothing is really calling to me. I want to go somewhere I can get around pretty easily, find good food, and cultural experiences. And of course feel safe as a solo traveler. I am trying to keep my flight under $500, and I will likely be staying in a hostel or budget hotel, so yeah not looking to break the bank.
We are flying out of Austin r/t is $398 per person and nonstop to Costa Rica. I thought that was a bargain! Mexico seemed to be more expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Travel