Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 02:21 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,121,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Is that right? What do we know about this "father" and his family? Why didn't they come forward?
They have come forward, but no one wants to allow them access to DNA confirmation at this time. Why? I don't know. I think maybe they just don't want to muddy the waters and deal with it right now.

The mother of the "father" contends that her son was in Florida at the time, mentioned she would soon have a grand daughter, mentioned Casey, Cindy and George and that the she was a nurse and he was a cop. They showed his picture too, he looks like he could be Caylee's father. If I were the Anthony's, I would release the DNA at some point in time....just to know for sure.

That's what I mean about Nancy Grace.....she does report on some things that others don't.....that's why I watch her and put up with the other BS she might say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2011, 02:26 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,437,706 times
So many odd folks come out a trial like this until it's hard to sort out fact from fiction. I think either Casey didn't know who the father was or gosh.........we would just have to figure out if he really died in a car accident like she claimed he did.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:01 PM

These are some things about Casey....not all being brought out in court.....

Quote:
Gibbs, Lauren – Friend of Casey’s since middle school. Was told Caylee’s dad was in the Army and that he had died last year. She was Caylee’s unpaid babysitter during her first 8 months (now and then when needed according to her testimony). Stopped babysitting Caylee in April 2006. She found out that Casey was not working, she was hanging out with friends, and that made her mad. She thought Casey was taking advantage of the situation (she took on-line classes and worked weekends, so she watched Caylee during the week until Cindy got home). She never met or heard of ZG. Lauren last talked with Casey in April to tell her that she (Lauren) was pregnant. On July 16, she got text message that Caylee was missing. She called Casey back, and Casey said she didn’t know who had taken Caylee, but that she had talked to Caylee yesterday, so she was okay
Who’s Who « Caylee Anthony

Old 07-04-2011, 04:02 PM

672 posts, read 2,121,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
These swamp areas in Florida are tricky. One day it can be dry land. One day it can be a marsh and on another day it can be almost like a lake. When it is holding water, it isn't so much not wanting to get dirty, but not wanting to get bit by by any number of our poisonous snakes or worse....run into an alligator. As I posted on here before, I have an area right next to my house that is the same way.

So an area easy penetrated on one occasion, may not be so on another occasion. A bag or skull showing one day, may not show the next. It just depends on the rains and the run off.

People did question his story when this all came out....but nothing connects him with Casey in any way.

Now, the cop who checked things out initially was a whole different story, he was fired for not being truthful regarding his relationship with Casey:
Cop linked to Anthony fired for lying - Orlando Sentinel

Example of a swampy marshy area:

This is during the winter, once spring/summer comes....it can be a total tangled mess.
I've spent a lot of time walking through swamps in the southeast in all seasons for work.

Another problem with swamp water is that it's far from clear. Anything under the water surface might as well be on the surface of the moon until the water level drops back down. Every footstep through a swamp stirs up mud, too.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann789 View Post
I've spent a lot of time walking through swamps in the southeast in all seasons for work.

Another problem with swamp water is that it's far from clear. Anything under the water surface might as well be on the surface of the moon until the water level drops back down. Every footstep through a swamp stirs up mud, too.
Thanks Mary Ann. I think lots of people have no idea what we mean when we say SWAMP............

They can be impossible to navigate unless the water conditions are just right....and as you pointed out, the water is murky with no visibility at all.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:34 PM

27,224 posts, read 46,920,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryB View Post
Thanks Mary Ann. I think lots of people have no idea what we mean when we say SWAMP............

They can be impossible to navigate unless the water conditions are just right....and as you pointed out, the water is murky with no visibility at all.
And snakes, alligators, and other things you rather stay away from...

Old 07-04-2011, 04:51 PM

672 posts, read 2,121,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
And snakes, alligators, and other things you rather stay away from...
I've had zero problems with snakes. I've even come face to face with a cottonmouth and it didn't even bother to flash me its cotton white mouth. (I tripped while walking through a swamp ).

All the venomous snakes I've come across while out in the woods are docile. It's the non-venomous snakes that have an attitude and rightly so because it's the only things they've got to protect themselves. Watersnakes and black racers can be downright feisty.

In Florida, I'd worry about all the critters that are non-native or habituated to humans - huge burmese pythons and alligators that have been fed by humans. Oh yeah and those giant lizards that eat anything and everything - Nile Monitors.

Sorry to go off on a tangent...

Did ya'll see that huge rainstorm that kicked up as the judge dismissed everyone for the evening? Interesting...

Old 07-04-2011, 05:05 PM

We got it also in the Tampa Bay....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Ann789 View Post
I've had zero problems with snakes. I've even come face to face with a cottonmouth and it didn't even bother to flash me its cotton white mouth. (I tripped while walking through a swamp ).

All the venomous snakes I've come across while out in the woods are docile. It's the non-venomous snakes that have an attitude and rightly so because it's the only things they've got to protect themselves. Watersnakes and black racers can be downright feisty.

In Florida, I'd worry about all the critters that are non-native or habituated to humans - huge burmese pythons and alligators that have been fed by humans. Oh yeah and those giant lizards that eat anything and everything - Nile Monitors.

Sorry to go off on a tangent...

Did ya'll see that huge rainstorm that kicked up as the judge dismissed everyone for the evening? Interesting...

Old 07-04-2011, 07:23 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,493,095 times
I found the defense highlighting that Casey never went to a gynocologist as a teen, insinuating that she would have been afraid of what would be found. Interesting. Most Mom's of teen daughters don't take them to a gynocologist, unless there is a reason, and if Cindy thought Casey was not sexually active, there is no reason to take a teen to a gyno. Flip side, if she had, the defense would have said Casey needed to go because she was molested. No win on that one.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I found the defense highlighting that Casey never went to a gynocologist as a teen, insinuating that she would have been afraid of what would be found. Interesting. Most Mom's of teen daughters don't take them to a gynocologist, unless there is a reason, and if Cindy thought Casey was not sexually active, there is no reason to take a teen to a gyno. Flip side, if she had, the defense would have said Casey needed to go because she was molested. No win on that one.
I agree and the time frame when it was mentioned by Baez was very strange....also what has a menstrual period at the age of 10 to do with sexual abuse and even more stupid to have no proof of it if it was that important, just like the rest of the opening bs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime