Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2012, 12:14 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times

Advertisements

Grand Jury testimony reveals he is a sexual sadist who got sexual gratification from murdering people.

Enrolled in the military specifically so he could kill people but was disappointed with his duty when he was not put on the frontline.

Quote:
• Ocampo described how "he could feel the life come out of (the victims)," according to Wyatt's testimony. "And on a couple of occasions when he had stabbed them in the throat, (he) actually heard their breath leaving their bodies," Wyatt testified.

• Wyatt testified that Ocampo told him that prior to all of the attacks "he would look at Penthouse magazine to pump himself up."

Wyatt also told the grand jury that he noticed that as Ocampo was describing each of the murders during the interrogation, his demeanor would change.
"He seemed to get excited when he was talking about the actual kill," Wyatt testified. "So, I asked him if he was aroused by the act of killing."
Ocampo at first questioned the word arousal, according to the transcript, but then added, "my balls felt like they were going to explode, and I knew that I had the killer gene."
Serial killings testimony: Suspect needed to kill

Slideshow: Serial killings story in photos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 12:38 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Default Serial Killings Grand Jury Testimony - Part 2

This guy had a taste for murder. He stalked his victims and used his military training to kill effectively.

Quote:
Ocampo confessed that he decided to kill Middaugh instead of his original target when he saw the 6-foot-4-inch, 300-pound man on his bedroll reading a book, according to the transcript.

Wyatt testified that Ocampo explained how he watched Middaugh from a position of concealment, waiting for him to go to sleep, while measuring him in his mind for the best moment to strike. Ocampo recalled that when he finally made his move, Middaugh stood up suddenly, according to grand jury transcript, and the attack was on.

Serial killings testimony, Part 2: Suspect stalked victims

Old 03-17-2012, 03:33 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
You wonder how he got to the point in his life where he wanted to learn how to kill. He was considered by some in his community to be a "happy go lucky teenager." It's really disturbing. Ex-Marine pleads not guilty to six killings on Orange County - latimes.com

Old 03-23-2012, 07:40 PM

7,357 posts, read 11,753,298 times
Why didn't the idjit just volunteer for front-line duty?

Old 03-27-2012, 05:27 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
The sick thing is that this guy is going to have a nice long life with three hots and a cot for the rest of his life, subsidized by the taxpayers. I read an article about how he tried to "hurt himself" in jail by hitting his head against the toilet seat or something. Why doesn't he stab himself in the throat 60 times??? That'd be a contribution to society.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:11 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Apparently he ingested a lethal dose of Ajax and died on Thursday.
Accused O.C. serial killer who died ate Ajax in cell, attorney says - latimes.com

Old 12-02-2013, 05:37 PM

I just wanted to say to whoever gave me the rep comment "funny", if you're still reading, it's not funny. That is what I thought initially when I heard about what he'd done. I have a soft spot for homeless folks and I was absolutely horrified when I read about his crimes and the things he'd said, but I have a soft spot for vets as well. It sounds like this guy was seriously mentally ill and wasn't thinking rationally and that might've been what drove his crimes. A part of me is glad he's gone but a part of me wishes he'd held on and had his trial. He might've gotten a thorough mental health evaluation. What he did was horrendous. Absolutely horrendous and he should've paid for it but if he was legitimately mentally ill, he could've gotten the help he needed.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:54 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Apparently he ingested a lethal dose of Ajax and died on Thursday.
Accused O.C. serial killer who died ate Ajax in cell, attorney says - latimes.com
Intriguing. I am always cynical when I hear the words, "suicide in custody"... Usually cells in jails have literally nothing in them, especially a chemical that could be thrown in a guards eyes...guards are very self aware, and extremely vigilant on maintaining safety for themselves at work...Ajax would not just be laying around...

Old 12-02-2013, 10:43 PM

25 posts, read 70,451 times
Sounds like his family is looking to make some bank off this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Old 12-03-2013, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Why didn't the idjit just volunteer for front-line duty?
Oh he tried, he was disappointed when he ended up driving a truck in Iraq instead of killing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime