Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:46 AM

26,934 posts, read 27,138,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioSilence View Post
What we watched on television were students trying to get out, including one covered in blood who climbed out a broken second-story window.
Interview with Patrick Ireland, the "Boy in the Window" in 2009: Surviving Columbine: What We Got Wrong - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 12:46 PM

14 posts, read 34,549 times
I remember watching CNN and feeling the horror at what happened. I do remember the first reports that they were "Trenchcoat Mafia"and Goths, but that was later said to be false. I think both boys harbored tremendous anger inside and that they both fueled each other's needs and fantasies. It was very tragic. I also felt sympathy for the killers' families. While it's true they should have known more about what was happening in their sons' lives, yet they would not be permitted by society to mourn in the same way as the victims' families. Also there would be self-recriminations, asking themselves what they missed seeing and what they could have done to prevent this tragedy.

Old 04-24-2014, 03:17 PM

12,979 posts, read 14,613,641 times
Narrative Time Line Of Events

Old 04-26-2014, 05:11 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,649,904 times
I remember my mom took my "Doom" game away, I was pissed. Some stupid kids pull this crap and now my game which has nothing to do with school shootings is gone, grr. I didn't fully grasp what happened until later on when I was older.

This shooting happened right smack in the middle of the last assault weapons ban. These kids had high capacity mags, the whole shebang. Lot of good the ban did... and to think people were trying to get another one pushed through after Newtown... silly gun grabbers.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:44 PM

26,934 posts, read 27,138,735 times

Chris Morris friend of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold - YouTube

Old 05-21-2014, 06:39 AM

26 posts, read 32,410 times
this website has a lot of stuff on Columbine http://acolumbinesite.com/sitemap.html very interesting stuff! there is also footage/video clips of the killers before the shooting happened then there's this documentary which goes over in detail what happened on that day
the killers names were "Eric Harris" and "Dylan Klebold" they killed 13 students before both committed suicide. (Pictures of them dead can be found on the internet but it is kinda disturbing!) also besides the 13 students they killed 21 other students were injured on that day. Very interesting stuff, also I don't know if you play video games but Eric Harris made maps for a game called Doom and those maps can be found online and are playable in fact there should be links to them in the website I gave you which has everything about that day.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:28 AM

754 posts, read 1,508,850 times
I was in my first year of college when this happened so I certainly remember it well---nothing quite like it had ever happened before and it really induced a lot of changes in how schools operate today.
There had been a rash of school shootings in the few years before 1999 that had been widely publicised but none even came close to the scale as Columbine. Probably the only crime comparable up to then was the Massacre at the University of Texas at Austin back in August, 1966. After Columbine security in schools became the norm and was increased dramatically, even in small rural schools.
My high school had no security whatsoever, other than locking the doors at night. No cameras, no buzzers, intercoms, armed guards, etc and this was for a school of roughly one thousand students. Having a situation like that now would be close to unthinkable..largely because of Columbine and how much of an impression it left on the minds of the public.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:54 PM

14 posts, read 34,549 times
I read that Adam Lanza (Newtown, Connecticut shooting) was fascinated with the Columbine shooters, among others.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:48 AM

26,659 posts, read 13,854,605 times
The Columbine Family Request has some interesting info about the case.

About Us | Columbine Family Request
Quote:
am a private investigator volunteering for several Columbine families who are still trying to heal from the shootings on April 20, 1999.

Old 09-15-2014, 11:42 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,664,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The Columbine Family Request has some interesting info about the case.

About Us | Columbine Family Request
interesting, that site has been closed down....

Odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime