Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2014, 09:44 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,873,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by d from birmingham View Post
Pretty much yes. You fire off a gun in city limits you have to report it in a timely manner. If you kill someone in self defense then you should report it right away. Not doing so makes you look guilty and trying to come up with self defense as a coverup for murder.
I stated during the break in, meaning before shots were fired. I agree about the requirement for calling the cops after he fired shots, however, point to a law stating he must first call the police if his house is getting broke into, and the timeline required for calling the police.

Quote:
Wrong they show planning as did the tarps so he didn't get bloodstains on his carpets and so he could move the bodies down into the workshop and that he didn't want anyone calling for help from law enforcement.
No, it would show planning if he himself committed a crime, like kidnapped someone and kill; merely having these items in your own home, where these two have to commit a crime to even access the home, is a far stretch. With this logic, almost everyone is "planning" by the mere fact they have certain items in their home they may utilize.

Quote:
Let see moving your vehicle several blocks away and having the lights off while hiding with food and water to make it look like no one is there. One of the tips for people leaving their home for a week or two is to have lights on and even the tv if possible to give the appearance that someone is there.
There is no law stating he cannot do this. There is not a law stating that a homeowner cannot make it look like he is not home; please point out this law to me.

I guess you keep forgetting that these two people BROKE INTO HIS HOME. I do not see how in the heck you keep forgetting this simple fact. He did not invite them in, they broke in. This guy did not do anything against the law up until the point he crossed the line of self defense to offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2014, 10:13 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,424,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
I am not a psychopath and I do not fantasize about murdering someone, but I proudly state that if someone BREAKS IN to my house and I am at home and awake, I can assure you they will never make it out alive. It might take one bullet or twenty, and in the views of cowardly liberals like you it might be a killing, a murder, or torture, but the only story the police will hear is mine.

If the perps are kept alive they will not only sue for their medical bills, but they will harass you for the rest of your life. There have been cases in several states where the family of the perps who were killed in a burglary sued the owner of the property.
What in my post makes you think I am a cowardly liberal? For the record, if someone breaks into my house, they are getting buckshot to the chest. But I suppose I am just a cowardly liberal because if they live through it, I will not execute them like a big bada ss conservative like yourself.

All I said was that killing someone who does not pose an immediate threat, such as an incapacitated person, make you a murderer.

Condoning murder is not the trait of a conservative. It is the trait of a cowardly little psychopath. Murdering someone so they can't sue you. What a pansy a ss statement!

Last edited by ABQConvict; 04-26-2014 at 10:22 AM..

Old 04-26-2014, 10:17 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,490,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouskelly View Post
If you break into someone's home you deserve whatever you get.
The trouble with that, though, is it could give murderers a means of getting away with it. All they would have to due is lure someone into their home. After that, they could just claim the person broke in.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:22 AM

5,297 posts, read 5,255,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
The lights are out and no vehicles in driveway are pretty much an invitation to burglars. It gives an impression that no one is there as those two thought and walked into a surprise party. The man has the right to defend his castle with deadly force but he went too far.

He failed to summon the cops in a timely manner (enjoy your Thanksgiving officers).
He moved the bodies (that's a big nono).
He continued to shoot after the threat was stopped (debatable).

What gets me is that the girl came on down looking for "Nick" after the shooting. Was she deaf or flying higher than a kite? And laughed when she got shot?
That has nothing to do with anything. What if his vehicle was in the shop? What if he was taking a nap and turned the lights off? This is the most inane stupid thing Ive ever heard. If thats an invitation to burglars, then they deserve to be blown away. Lets face it, those 2 were just stupid and figured they could get away with burglarizing people over and over with no consequences.

If he didnt purposely invite those idiots in his house, they had no right being there, whether his vehicle was there or not, whether his lights were on or not.

Old 04-26-2014, 10:31 AM

1,376 posts, read 1,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
That has nothing to do with anything. What if his vehicle was in the shop? What if he was taking a nap and turned the lights off? This is the most inane stupid thing Ive ever heard. If thats an invitation to burglars, then they deserve to be blown away. Lets face it, those 2 were just stupid and figured they could get away with burglarizing people over and over with no consequences.

If he didnt purposely invite those idiots in his house, they had no right being there, whether his vehicle was there or not, whether his lights were on or not.
Is it? I said it gives an impression that no one is home. You'd think the burglar will approach a home with cars in driveways and lights on?

Look who's the stupid one.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:40 AM

513 posts, read 801,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeGer View Post
The lights are out and no vehicles in driveway are pretty much an invitation to burglars. It gives an impression that no one is there as those two thought and walked into a surprise party. The man has the right to defend his castle with deadly force but he went too far.

He failed to summon the cops in a timely manner (enjoy your Thanksgiving officers).
He moved the bodies (that's a big nono).
He continued to shoot after the threat was stopped (debatable).

What gets me is that the girl came on down looking for "Nick" after the shooting. Was she deaf or flying higher than a kite? And laughed when she got shot?
She could have been trying to call 911 and others (remember the cell phone jammer?)...

Old 04-26-2014, 11:45 AM

8,402 posts, read 24,267,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSoBelle View Post
I understand what you are saying. However, I just hate guns. If I had my "druthers," nobody but the police would have guns of any type. Baseball bats can be great weapons in place of guns. I know it isn't going to come to that in my lifetime though.

As far as baiting the burglars goes, I agree that they should not have broken in. However, I have a feeling that the fact that he moved his car is going to come up in court by the defense.
Criminals would like that too, since they will still have guns. Here's a suggestion-never bring a bat to a gunfight. Here's another-you should assume that anyone who is breaking into your home has a gun, and act accordingly.

Old 04-26-2014, 12:34 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,652,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
There is no law stating he cannot do this. There is not a law stating that a homeowner cannot make it look like he is not home; please point out this law to me.

I guess you keep forgetting that these two people BROKE INTO HIS HOME. I do not see how in the heck you keep forgetting this simple fact. He did not invite them in, they broke in. This guy did not do anything against the law up until the point he crossed the line of self defense to offense.
That's true, I completely agree with both points. However, even if it was not against the law for him to hide his truck and make it look as though he was not at home, the fact that he did it could still be used to show intent. It does not need to be illegal in and of itself to demonstrate that he intended to murder anyone who might break into his home.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:13 PM

51,673 posts, read 25,930,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post

>>In most states, first-degree murder is defined as an unlawful killing that is both willful and premeditated, meaning that it was committed after planning or "lying in wait" for the victim.

- See more at: First Degree Murder Overview - FindLaw <<

Unless he can plea bargain, and I cannot imagine the prosecutor would be offering much given the evidence reported, this guy is getting charged with first-degree murder.

Parking his vehicle down the street and lying in wait will be presented as evidence of premeditation.

Old 04-26-2014, 02:37 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,644,101 times
I think making an audio tape of himself talking to them before firing the kill shots is going to sink him. That shows that he wasn't in imminent danger, he had time to stop and taunt them before finishing them off. Someone who was in fear for their life wouldn't have the time or desire to stop shooting and taunt them, they'd be panicked and emptying the magazine into them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime