Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:19 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,540,356 times

Advertisements

Having been a Foster parent for many years and having children removed from homes where Grandparents and the Mother lived it can be tricking. THe Grandparents would need to report her to the PS and they would investagate. But because they lived together it can be tricky. If they would have removed Caylee then she would go to Foster care and then perhaps be placed with the Grandparents if Casie didn't live there. They would supervise visits. I think it can be hard as relatives try and report Child abuse all the time and it can be hard. If Casie wasn't a drug user then it might be really hard. The best move would have been the Grandparents adopting the child at birth and letting Casie be part of her life. I think from what I heard Casie didn't want the child and tried to let a friend have her that couldn't have children and Cindy said no. I think that Caylee many times became a tool of ownership between Casie and Cindy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 03:22 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,131,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I think there had been heated discussions about Kaylee's welfare and there had been hostility between/among Casey and her parents about this on the night of the disappearance. To gain custody of their granddaughter wouldn't they have to file a lawsuit against Casey--I honestly don't know but this is a pretty drastic step.
All they had to do was have her arrested for stealing from them which she was doing. Casey would have lost custody because she was in jail and usually a relative such as themselves takes over, then they would have petitioned the court to be legal guardians since the mother was negligient towards the child and repeatedly committed various crimes.

The court would have then become involved and done routine checks etc. on this woman.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Having been a Foster parent for many years and having children removed from homes where Grandparents and the Mother lived it can be tricking. THe Grandparents would need to report her to the PS and they would investagate. But because they lived together it can be tricky. If they would have removed Caylee then she would go to Foster care and then perhaps be placed with the Grandparents if Casie didn't live there. They would supervise visits. I think it can be hard as relatives try and report Child abuse all the time and it can be hard. If Casie wasn't a drug user then it might be really hard. The best move would have been the Grandparents adopting the child at birth and letting Casie be part of her life. I think from what I heard Casie didn't want the child and tried to let a friend have her that couldn't have children and Cindy said no. I think that Caylee many times became a tool of ownership between Casie and Cindy
Casey wasn't living with them at the time. She had her own apartment the story goes. That is just what i read.

I have no idea on the accuracy of this, but if they had casey arrested for any of the various crimes she was committing against them, they would have been granted custodial rights of caylee because casey would have been in jail. They could have then petitioned for guardianship and most likely been granted at the least temporary custody.

There was most definitely something they could have done to protect caylee.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:38 PM

2,868 posts, read 9,557,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
Casey wasn't living with them at the time. She had her own apartment the story goes. That is just what i read.

I have no idea on the accuracy of this, but if they had casey arrested for any of the various crimes she was committing against them, they would have been granted custodial rights of caylee because casey would have been in jail. They could have then petitioned for guardianship and most likely been granted at the least temporary custody.

There was most definitely something they could have done to protect caylee.

I was under the impression that C&C lived with the grandparents. When they were on Larry King Live, they had commented on how C&C were gone for a month. They did not question their where abouts because they thought they were "off visiting friends" for that month...

I have also heard Cindy say that Casey could not go into Caylee's bedroom (at Cindy's house)...And when they showed her bedroom it was like a fully decorated and very much lived in space (by a little girl)...

Plus,,,how could Casey afford an apartment?

Old 12-16-2008, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I was under the impression that C&C lived with the grandparents. When they were on Larry King Live, they had commented on how C&C were gone for a month. They did not question their where abouts because they thought they were "off visiting friends" for that month...

I have also heard Cindy say that Casey could not go into Caylee's bedroom (at Cindy's house)...And when they showed her bedroom it was like a fully decorated and very much lived in space (by a little girl)...

Plus,,,how could Casey afford an apartment?
I know, that is what i thought. But i really thought i read somewhere she had gotten her own apartment when Caylee went missing (now whether that really meant she was living with her boyfriend i don't know).
---
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404241,00.html And now clues you have never heard before from Casey Anthony's June roommate. Last night, we showed you part one of our interview with Clint House, and tonight you will see the rest. Clint was around Casey all the time in the days before and the days after little Caylee's disappearance. Clint and Casey were briefly living at the same apartment with Casey's boyfriend. Does Clint know if Casey is, for instance, a thief? A friend named Amy (ph) has accused Casey Anthony of stealing from her. Clint went "On the Record."
---
Her parents thought she had a job at times. She didn't have that either.

I still think they are partially responsible for Casey and the way she turned out. Not for her actions per se but for her obvious disregard for other peoples property and her lack of being a functioning member of society. That is YOUR PRIMARY JOB as a parent- to not raise a screw up.

Killing her child aside, what kind of person STEALS from their family and best friend? Drug addicts have an excuse at least, but it seems she didn't have a drug problem to speak of. She was just narcissistic.

So Being only 22 and being this far out of whack- they had a tremendous influence on the way she developed and didn't do enough to curb her bad behaviors. People don't just turn out evil overnight.

She grew up crazy and selfish and spoiled and that baby was competition and a burden she couldn't be bothered to bear any longer.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:39 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,502,804 times
Quote:
All they had to do was have her arrested for stealing from them which she was doing. Casey would have lost custody because she was in jail and usually a relative such as themselves takes over, then they would have petitioned the court to be legal guardians since the mother was negligient towards the child and repeatedly committed various crimes.

The court would have then become involved and done routine checks etc. on this woman.
I can think of a list of reasons why this wouldn't have been as simple as you imply. In hindsight I am certain that all parties involved have profound regrets.

Old 12-16-2008, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I can think of a list of reasons why this wouldn't have been as simple as you imply. In hindsight I am certain that all parties involved have profound regrets.
What reasons? I have had people i know have their kids removed from their custody while they were incarcerated for less than 48 hours. They were OR'd and yet still didn't get custody back. Grandparents got custody, but maybe your state is different.

Old 12-16-2008, 06:40 PM

617 posts, read 2,074,080 times
Quote:
What reasons? I have had people i know have their kids removed from their custody while they were incarcerated for less than 48 hours. They were OR'd and yet still didn't get custody back. Grandparents got custody, but maybe your state is different.
Yes, every state is different. Around here, it's next to impossible to get a child removed from the mother.

Someone I know who works within the system tried for 4 years to help her brother get custody of his daughter. After the child's mother overdosed several times and attempted suicide for the THIRD time, the state finally stepped in and gave TEMPORARY custody to the father (my friend's brother).

And contrary to what many believe, grandparents don't have consistent rights. It varies from state to state, district to district and even judge to judge.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpy01 View Post
Yes, every state is different. Around here, it's next to impossible to get a child removed from the mother.

Someone I know who works within the system tried for 4 years to help her brother get custody of his daughter. After the child's mother overdosed several times and attempted suicide for the THIRD time, the state finally stepped in and gave TEMPORARY custody to the father (my friend's brother).

And contrary to what many believe, grandparents don't have consistent rights. It varies from state to state, district to district and even judge to judge.
Your state stinks because they leave children with negligient parents.

My state stinks so much that even though they take the kids away from the parents. Their checking up is not up to par. Kids still die because the state didn't do their homework and check up on the kids that do have social workers with CPS.
Children get failed no matter where they are.

Old 12-17-2008, 11:05 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,540,356 times
I hope that they release today or tomorrow that this is Caylee. I'm just worried as her defense have turned into this dream team. From cases past we have seen that dream teams can get people off. I don't understand law but I don't know why they just didn't let the defense watch what they were doing. I'm worried like with many cases they will mess things up and the Mother gets off. Last night I heard something from the Bounty Hunter that really mad me cry. They played a taped call with Casie and her Parents where she says when they find Caylee everthing we need to know will come out. He said that Caylee right now is talking lous and clear. Last night on Nancy Grace she was eveb crying that the childs flesh was still stuck to the duc tape and peices of her hair. I heard today that the pastor visited Casie and said she isn't doing well. WEll maBE SHE ISN'T. sOME say she might have tried to put the child to sleep so she could party and then she killed her. She may have went into a mode of what can I do to protect myself and this lies that she has lived all thesew months. Mabe with the finding of her body she really is showing fear, and grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime