Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 02:20 PM

149 posts, read 152,353 times

Advertisements

Pretty funny..I started this thread to way the pros and cons of both cities and every one is talking about airport shuttles...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 10:12 PM

114 posts, read 335,002 times
This website has links to a ton of information about Saddlebrooke in north tucson region. It also has a page with clickable links to nearby attractions and interest for information on surrounding Tucson area.
https://groups.io/g/Saddlebrooke-community-info/wiki

Old 05-10-2020, 07:47 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,487,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azbound621 View Post
Pretty funny..I started this thread to way the pros and cons of both cities and every one is talking about airport shuttles...lol
That's because no matter where you live, Phoenix is still the transportation, entertainment, retail and business hub for the state of Arizona. I love living in NW Tucson, but at least one person in our household has to go to Phoenix 2-3 times a month for one reason or another. So figuring out the easiest way to get to Phoenix if you live in Tucson is always a consideration.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:55 AM

4,327 posts, read 6,293,831 times
I moved to Phoenix for a couple years to attend grad school at ASU. I much preferred that area to Tucson. Everyone raved about Tucson in terms of the thriving arts community and less of a superficial mentality. While that may be true, every time I went down there, I found it to be extremely run down and unsafe. I felt like it was much easier to avoid the bad areas of Phoenix by staying in the East Valley (in and around ASU in Tempe, Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Chandler, etc.).

Everyone says that Tuscon has better weather, but coming from coastal California, I found both to be extremely hot. When the high is 108 vs 112 is that really that much of a difference? In both cases, you're not going to want to spend much time outdoors during the daytime?

Phoenix has much more to offer in terms of job opportunities, affluence, recreational opportunities in the community, etc.

The one area I did prefer of Tucson was the easier access to nature. I did like going hiking in Phoenix (Camelback, South Mountain, etc.), but I did prefer the hiking around Saguaro National Park and other recreational areas outside of Tucson. You had to drive much further to experience this in Phoenix.

Old 05-10-2020, 09:00 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,977,873 times
Quote:
If you live an urban lifestyle, it is pretty important. A once a month trip could mean a couple thousand bucks per year in airport related expenses..I have parked at TUS for 3 bucks per day in 2004, and many times in the 90s at PHX for two bucks per day at Sundance Travel...those things tend to disappear, but public transit can be the best way, even without factoring the costs. From Rio Rico, I never had to travel to PHX for a flight, but frequently found myself at gates 77-78 at LAX under delay with UAL, and that was the way to Vegas, as well as DC, but TUS is satisfactory and I would say an easy trade-off to get out of two months of Hell in Phoenix. Unless you are going to Mexico, TUS might even be better for international flights mostly due to far less air traffic at TUS.

Old 06-08-2020, 12:33 PM

The best https://groups.io/g/Saddlebrooke-com...summary%20.pdf

Old 07-14-2020, 03:52 PM

https://groups.io/g/Saddlebrooke-community-info

Sorry incorrect link in previous

Old 07-17-2020, 08:09 AM

17,823 posts, read 13,733,143 times
Quote:
Glad you picked Tucson/Marana.

When I lived in Tucson Marana was about a thousand people. They were basically a school and a cluster of houses. They were famous though because there was a small settlement of black people who had lived south of town along the river for years and their kids went to Marana school.

In the 1960s that little tiny school put out a number of players who later played in the NFL. They might have put out even more but several were drafted into the service during Vietnam. All from a handful of families who had originally moved out to the area when the cotton fields opened up.

Those men grew up and had children who were star athletes at places like USC and Colorado and one of them has a son who was a big star in Tucson HS and will be playing for the Texas Longhorns this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson