Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2023, 09:03 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,862,480 times

Advertisements

I was on my front porch talking with some guests. They had just walked away and I had turned to go back in to the house when I saw this squadron of javelina coming from the side of my house. Some were as close as 15 feet! You might have heard a few "huffs" from the javelina, and that is a gentle warning not to come any closer. I honored that warning and just held my spot on the porch as they moved past me on their way out my driveway. The baby was really cute and doing it's best to stay up with Mama. The teenager at the end of the first part of the video was also really cute running so as not to be the last one in line!

On the second segment of the video, I was out on a walk and this lone javelina popped out from behind a nail salon and started crossing La Canada which is a busy street near Continental blvd. which is another busy street. I decided to cross with it to make sure it did not get hit by a car. I think it thought I was chasing it, so it started to run, but you could see that it had a pronounced limp. The legs on a javelina seem to be their weak spot. I have witnesses many with slight to severe limps. I sure hope they heal up as it would be a tough way to live if they did not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz2R48t7Cow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson