Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 10:17 PM

135 posts, read 515,726 times

Advertisements

Back away from the cawfee JillBoBill............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 11:31 AM

175 posts, read 607,049 times
WOW-so many people must think Grant/Alvernon area is the seventh circle of hell. I've stated numerous times that I lived there in the area for 7 years- 11 years total in Tucson; and I never had ANY issues or problems. Yes, I used the bus, and yes, that intersection can be gnarly for vehicles. I think the bigger issue seems to be pedestrians who walk when they're NOT supposed to walk across intersections-they just cross where ever and whenever they please-other intersections in Tucson also come to mind. I've seen numerous pedestrian accidents over the years because people just cross the streets whenever they want to. Must be the heat lol.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:28 PM

124 posts, read 268,936 times
I have lived in the neighborhood since 1983 and I agree with Chorizo, the fact thtt Alvernon connects to River and that Grant/Kolb is one of the mayor cross town from west to east and then south to I-10 and Rita Ranch/Vail in Tucson.
Yes the area has a lot and mean a lot of rental properties that might not be the most afluent rentals and the majority of renters do walk in the area, makes that intersection even worst than it was just a year ago specially with the new roads, but how about Campbell/Grant even for the size 4th ave and 6th street, there are many intersection that are that bad and all goes back to the non planning from the city into the future, more than the type of people that lives on the area and yes miamiman, wah, wah, wah, if you go by there twice a year your information does no got to nobody.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:49 AM

1,433 posts, read 2,981,712 times
Crime map of city for 2008 - http://tpdinternet.tucsonaz.gov/Stat...positeall1.pdf

Grant/Alvernon area is worse than most, no question. No wonder there's a ton of rentals ... most prospective homeowners look elsewhere.

Oracle corridor has a high crime rate in large part because of the preponderance of retail/commercial property.

Old 08-24-2009, 10:56 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,532,845 times
I blame the Church's Chicken. It has been selling greasy, nasty, heart disease causing chicken for decades on the NW corner of the intersection. It must be stopped.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:09 PM

643 posts, read 2,053,605 times
Ugh, that place smells so gross, Chorizo.

Also, for the record, I want whoever it was that was whining about pedestrians to know that last night I WALKED to Fry's and I J-walked and I got close to a car waiting at the light and I thought of you.

Yeah, you read right. I WALKED. I'm a scary pedestrian.

Old 08-24-2009, 06:36 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,690,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
I blame the Church's Chicken. It has been selling greasy, nasty, heart disease causing chicken for decades on the NW corner of the intersection. It must be stopped.
I agree, Chorizo . . . Church's Chicken sucks. POPEYES

Old 08-24-2009, 08:19 PM

124 posts, read 268,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Shut up!!! I can taste that nasty smell all the way from Speedway sometimes, it is horrible

Popeyes rock, unfortunatelly they tore down the last one to put a gas sation in Campbell and Broadway, although I think I have seen another somewhere!!!

Last edited by pejerey; 08-24-2009 at 08:20 PM.. Reason: 'cause I felt the need and I want too

Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,690,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pejerey View Post
Shut up!!! I can taste that nasty smell all the way from Speedway sometimes, it is horrible

Popeyes rock, unfortunatelly they tore down the last one to put a gas sation in Campbell and Broadway, although I think I have seen another somewhere!!!
When you find it . . . HOLLER!

Old 08-24-2009, 10:38 PM

18 posts, read 36,883 times
It's not just Grant/Alvernon. The "tension" is all over town. Southern, Az in general. Abductions, drive-bys, home invasions, police being shot, police shooting people, people dying in the desert, or being dumped there,and on and on. I saw a cartoon by David Fitzsimmons in the paper recently. Real estate agent showing a young couple a model of a master planned community. Welcome to Rancho Secure-O Estates. Real Estate Agent says, "Each home comes with high stone walls, guard towers, a drawbridge and your very own moat. It's the ideal starter home for a young couple living in the home invasion capital of Southern Arizona." The bubble above the lady reads, "OPTIONAL LANDMINES?" Anyone else see it? Thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson