Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:45 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,754,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banddranch View Post
Reviewed the crime map that was referred to and decided to do a quick compare to my current town of Portland, Oregon. Nearly identical . . . Given that we feel pretty safe here, I'm going to have to say that some of the posts in this thread about the high crime in Tucson seem a bit overwrought. Glad I did the compare - obviously everything is in the eye of the beholder, and if someone experienced a crime, I can understand the intense feelings that would generate. Anyway, looks like crime isn't a deal killer for our relocation. I do wish Tucson would get on with some more active central city revitalization, but it sounds like that isn't too popular right now with some of the missteps I've read about with Rio Nuevo, Tucson's big redevelopment effort downtown. Redevelopment has worked wonders in Portland I have to tell you!
Glad you found the crime maps helpful. Excellent idea comparing to what you are accustomed to in Portland to give you a point of reference. But yes, there are many safe areas to live. Like any town of this size you learn what areas not to frequent after dark. As for Rio Nuevo, almost everyone here wants a revitalized downtown, but at this point not too many people trust the current city council to get it done. The money they have wasted so far has become legendary. Come on down for a visit, the weather is fabulous.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,550 times
For an outside view My boyfriend and myself are from the UK and have just spent two weeks in Tucson and actually got married there we are now planning on emigrating to Tucson the people are warm and generous, the weather is fantastic and we are missing it so much. There is a homely feel abut the place and hope we can get there soon pernanately.

Old 12-07-2011, 09:51 AM

12 posts, read 26,704 times
Thinking of leaving the Portland OR area. Can't stand the rain anymore, nor the lefty politics. Quite honestly, diversity, whether it exists or not, is not an issue to me, as long as there isn't hostility to people of other races or creed. I get along with people of all races as long as they respect my views and don't attack my beliefs. Want good weather, access to shopping and city amenities, and didn't like Phoenix. Found it to be everything it is said to be:sprawling, boring looking city, boring looking suburbs, and 5+ degrees hotter in the Summer than Tucson. Is there more crime in Tucson than Phoenix? I'd have liked to resettle in Prescott, but good jobs seem to be scarce there. Is there anywhere within 30 minutes of Portland that has more of a rural, up in the mountains feel, clean, attractive, with available every day shopping? I'm very comfortable with Az's politics as far as I can see. Impressed that they have school choice, respect homeschooling, etc... Like the idea of college town, which is why I'm thinking of places like Tucson or Prescott (way smaller, but several colleges)

Old 12-07-2011, 03:23 PM

25 posts, read 50,878 times
Default Query

Did you mean to ask if there was a place 30 minutes from Tucson rather than Portland that had the small town attributes you like in Prescott?

Old 12-25-2011, 02:52 PM

286 posts, read 679,731 times
Sierra Valley,
Do you still have that webcam that shows the view you have down there?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson