Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 10:04 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyvan View Post
Then you're going to hate the UI system if you ever have to use it.
Lucky me, I will never have to use it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 12:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,115 times
I've been working at one job for 5 years and a temp job for a month in a half and I was laid off at my previous job due to lack of work and fired from my temp job and I'm trying to file for my benefits from my previous job will I still received my benefits due to me being laid off

Old 08-19-2015, 01:04 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiaT View Post
I've been working at one job for 5 years and a temp job for a month in a half and I was laid off at my previous job due to lack of work and fired from my temp job and I'm trying to file for my benefits from my previous job will I still received my benefits due to me being laid off
The firing could complicate matters depending on when it occurred, the reason for the firing, and your state.

Old 08-19-2015, 02:50 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
UI is based on the separation from your most recent work. If the temp job was your most recent work, then the reason for the firing will determine if you are eligible for benefits.

Old 04-03-2016, 06:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,918 times
I had 2 full time jobs . On Friday gave me lay off in one job . I have unemployment because management of the company told me to apply for unemployment . Thank y Andres

Old 04-03-2016, 06:05 PM

2 posts, read 1,918 times
Adding : Andres Lay off was given to replaced for another person . Andres

Old 04-03-2016, 07:20 PM

14,500 posts, read 31,061,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresmarius View Post
I have unemployment because management of the company told me to apply for unemployment
Applying and receiving UI are two different things. Chances are the income from your 2nd job will provide too much income, and you won't see a dime.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:30 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andresmarius View Post
I had 2 full time jobs . On Friday gave me lay off in one job . I have unemployment because management of the company told me to apply for unemployment .
What is your state?

When you have one "full-time" job - most states won't pay benefits - regardless that you need two full-time jobs to make ends meet. In most states, full-time is described as over 32 hours a week - or whatever is usual and customary for your line of work.

Also, as Chyvan said, even if your state would compensate for the loss of the job, the earnings from the second job would almost certainly be a 100% offset to benefits from the first job.

For example, if you are in California, 75% of your gross earnings are deducted from the weekly benefit. Other states have different, slightly better partial benefit formulas. Nonetheless, even if the state overlooked your full-time status (unlikely), earnings from the job you have would be too much to allow payment of a benefit.

Old 07-19-2018, 08:22 AM

1 posts, read 542 times
Will be getting laid off 7-21-18 my weekly pay is 690. I started in april of this year. Will be my first time ever applying for edd. Will I qualify. If so around how much.

Old 03-23-2024, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 59 times
If I receive partial unemployment for a full time job I lost and was briefly laid off from my part time job with holiday pay do I have to report what is going on with my part time job as well? Will I loose my benefits from my full time job unemployment? Each time I try to report my temporary job lost of my part-time job it ask me for the fein number of my part-time job making me think that the unemployment benefits for my former full-time job will be lost and unemployment will use my part-time job in calculating my benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment