Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2020, 12:04 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,787,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbar05 View Post
From when I filed again in April until the end of May, I kept checking online for my status. There was an option at that time on a main page to fill in SS#, birth date, etc. to see what was going on with your application. For the longest time it kept saying "Pending". Then one day when I checked it had no information at all and said something like your account information is not available.

So I logged into my account to see what that said, and it was what I mentioned above, a page to file a claim, change your email, direct deposit, etc. No balance amount, no money, no weeks information, no indication of any result.

That was when I contacted a congressman's office to get help from them. They sent me the Casework Authorization Form to fill out and return to them. Before I could fill it out, I got notification in the mail that I was eligible for the PEUC and the amount was the same as my previous 26 weeks collected. From there, I checked the UI website to see what day to certify. I didn't need to follow through with the congressman's office.

Now, today I checked my direct account login again, and it's the same as it has been, option to file a claim, change email, direct deposit, etc. No balance amount, no money, no weeks information, no indication of any result. I figured I try to certify today anyway and see what happened. When I went to certify, EB balance was in my account so I could complete my weekly certification! This was for the week ending 7/4/2020.

The only way I can see any balance or amount is when I certify weekly. Even on that page of information it does not say where it is coming from, like regular UI, PEUC or EB, just a balance left after you certify.

How long have you been waiting for your 13 weeks extension? If this is through NJ, contact a Congressman's or senator's office for help if it has been too long a time.
Oh that's perfect for you then and seems to be seamless for transition from PEUC to EB. They have been saying EB would be automatically done. Been waiting since NJ's May 18th announcement. I have been in contact with more than one congressman's office and both supposedly forwarded info over to DOL. and still nothing. I never field a new claim as no new earnings to file off of and per the instructions was "waiting" to be notified regarding eligibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2020, 01:28 PM

114 posts, read 81,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Oh that's perfect for you then and seems to be seamless for transition from PEUC to EB. They have been saying EB would be automatically done. Been waiting since NJ's May 18th announcement. I have been in contact with more than one congressman's office and both supposedly forwarded info over to DOL. and still nothing. I never field a new claim as no new earnings to file off of and per the instructions was "waiting" to be notified regarding eligibility.
Did you try at any time to certify for weekly benefits based on the day for your social security number? Just wondering if in case something sent in the mail got lost, and you are already entitled. Might be worth a shot.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:30 PM

343 posts, read 186,857 times
update:

some of those who exhausted the 13 weeks extension, are getting an additional 13 weeks of UI.

They received their original 26 weeks
Then they received their CARES ACT 13 weeks

Now they're on another 13 weeks of UI as their account "MAX PAYABLE" has increased to their total dollar amount of 13 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment