Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2021, 05:23 AM

18,774 posts, read 18,270,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
The point is IT DOESN'T MATTER if it is not real, or if people just watch the program because they want to. Stop trying to say you are all superior to those who think it is even 1% real. It just doesn't matter.

Or should I say WHY does it matter to you?

Its like "Oh poor ignorant peasants, they dont realise it is fake, but we know differently, dont we? We are educated, so we know haha."

If it is not that, they WHY?
All I ever ask for is evidence and that is what your side can never produce. I would really love to believe in BF or any of the other cryptics - I love science fiction. But every time I ask for evidence you give us more campfire stories. Actually, I want to correct that statement, I don't recall you personally talking about your own BF sighting. I know that Mr. Rstevens wishes he would see one, but personally has never seen one of these creatures.

About 43 percent of Americans believe in Santa Claus, which is about twice as many as those that believe in BF. Of course, that percentage is so high because the parents are reinforcing those beliefs. Of course, that does not happen with BF because many parents do not believe and will inform their children it is not real.

This is where science steps in to prove what is real and what is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2022, 07:40 AM

7,037 posts, read 6,963,541 times
Series 3 has started this week. They are back in Washington State where they found the large footprints.

Fisheye - some of the investigators are scientists and they are collecting scientific evidence. The eDNA from last season collected around the tree structure contained chimpanzee DNA, and there are none in Washington State as far as anyone knows. She actually returned to the tree structure which had been changed since their last visit, and took some more samples for analysis. We will see what happens.

The thing about DNA is, that the science behind it relies on a database of DNA which has been agreed by everyone as coming from 'known' species of animal. If the species is unknown, then the sample will come back as unknown. How did they find chimp DNA in that soil sample? Now, you are going to tell me there may be escaped chimps in those woods, so now they have to find out if there are.

Old 03-23-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Series 3 has started this week. They are back in Washington State where they found the large footprints.

Fisheye - some of the investigators are scientists and they are collecting scientific evidence. The eDNA from last season collected around the tree structure contained chimpanzee DNA, and there are none in Washington State as far as anyone knows. She actually returned to the tree structure which had been changed since their last visit, and took some more samples for analysis. We will see what happens.

The thing about DNA is, that the science behind it relies on a database of DNA which has been agreed by everyone as coming from 'known' species of animal. If the species is unknown, then the sample will come back as unknown. How did they find chimp DNA in that soil sample? Now, you are going to tell me there may be escaped chimps in those woods, so now they have to find out if there are.
We do know that chimpanzees are real, we don't know if BF is real.

If you have a real BF and it can make real tracks, then where is a real BF? Too many years and too many cameras looking and we still have nothing.

Old 03-23-2022, 12:19 PM

2,458 posts, read 1,724,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
We do know that chimpanzees are real, we don't know if BF is real.

If you have a real BF and it can make real tracks, then where is a real BF? Too many years and too many cameras looking and we still have nothing.
That is not true IF you believe the completely fake scripted reality/documentary TV shows that are made for entertainment purposes are real. They show "proof" all the time.

Old 03-23-2022, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
That is not true IF you believe the completely fake scripted reality/documentary TV shows that are made for entertainment purposes are real. They show "proof" all the time.
I have problems with all scripted TV shows. I will watch some home improvement shows and some of those are scripted like 'Candice Tells All'. First I do not like that she has never told us how much her renovations cost. Every show of hers has to have a scripted disaster in the making that gets resolved. I would rather that she spent more time showing us how to design and how much the design costs.

With these BF reality/documentary shows, if it was 'real' evidence they were providing, the rest of the scientific world and the media would jump to get a piece of the action. But nobody is jumping because they all realize it is fake news.

Old 03-24-2022, 10:18 AM

2,458 posts, read 1,724,997 times
Quote:
I have problems with all scripted TV shows. I will watch some home improvement shows and some of those are scripted like 'Candice Tells All'. First I do not like that she has never told us how much her renovations cost. Every show of hers has to have a scripted disaster in the making that gets resolved. I would rather that she spent more time showing us how to design and how much the design costs.

With these BF reality/documentary shows, if it was 'real' evidence they were providing, the rest of the scientific world and the media would jump to get a piece of the action. But nobody is jumping because they all realize it is fake news.
As someone who worked in construction for close to 30 years the home improvement shows to me are by far the worst. I expect most to realize the BF/Paranormal shows are for entertainment only. Sadly most think those home improvement shows are real. They are painful to watch if you really know how to do what they are showing. As a contractor I charged anyone who even mentioned they watched those shows more. If they seemed confident they knew how to do construction because they watch a lot of those shows they paid 2 to 3 times what anyone else would. Not only did you have to do the job correctly you had to waste a lot of time explaining over and over how those shows are not real and how to properly do a project varies greatly by your location/weather.

Old 03-24-2022, 11:14 AM

15,651 posts, read 26,365,233 times
Quote:
As someone who worked in construction for close to 30 years the home improvement shows to me are by far the worst. I expect most to realize the BF/Paranormal shows are for entertainment only. Sadly most think those home improvement shows are real. They are painful to watch if you really know how to do what they are showing. As a contractor I charged anyone who even mentioned they watched those shows more. If they seemed confident they knew how to do construction because they watch a lot of those shows they paid 2 to 3 times what anyone else would. Not only did you have to do the job correctly you had to waste a lot of time explaining over and over how those shows are not real and how to properly do a project varies greatly by your location/weather.
Years ago when I worked at a bank, I had a number of construction companies who were clients. And I made a crack one time to an owner about all his customers expect things to be done in about a week of 30 minute blocks and he looked at me and rolled his eyes and said oh, yes — they don’t understand the time things take anymore because the television makes it look so easy.

There was one show that was on PBS that had somebody Johnson and JoJo, and every once in a while they would do a show of bloopers and actually talk about how long things took. Because in actuality, doing things for camera makes it a longer process. Much easier to go in and install a bathtub if you don’t have to work around a cameraman trying to film you installing a bathtub. Take 35!

And that program was set in Minnesota, and they also talked about that. Doug Johnson? I’m not even gonna look it up. I always watched those shows, but it was more for getting a different perspective on what you can do with a house. Unfortunately, when Bob Villa stepped away from This Old House, that’s when it became how much money can we put into these homes? And they weren’t every day houses anymore. They were historical register homes, 750K to $1,250,000 style homes that they were doing renovations on.

Old 03-24-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I was a carpenter over fifty years ago so I do like seeing the YouTube videos of current practices when tackling my projects. This Old House has some very good YouTubes that talk homeowners carefully through these tasks. Over fifty years ago we never used a screw gun and only the big contractors used nail guns. It wasn't any fun trying to drive nails with a hammer and numb/frozen fingers!

That said, I agree that most of the home improvement shows are terrible. I love the one that has (supposedly) prospective buyers come through a house before it has a facelift and then after it has a facelift. People just don't talk like that about what was done to a house. As far as getting prospective buyers to come back through after they saw the house once, that is not realistic. Once buyers make up their mind the house isn't for them they will not waste more time looking a second time. Even if they did, they don't walk through uttering scripted lines.

Old 05-13-2022, 06:19 AM

7,037 posts, read 6,963,541 times
Not much comment on this series 3 this time.

They went back to Washington State/Olympic Peninsular and continued up along the same river they found those fresh footprints at the end of last season (before they had to evacuate due to the forest fires). Then they found an old underground concrete structure along with a huge corrigated iron pipe of 10 foot diameter running hundreds of yards near this concrete structure. It was well used and led to a trail at the far end. Now they have found a "kill zone" where there are many sets of bones high above the lake they were investigating last year.

I feel that perhaps they were getting too close and were told to move out. So, they have decided that Bigfoot is migratory and moves to different areas. This means they have to move to California to start a new investigation.

Personally, I dont see why they should need to do that. The reason why animals migrate is because their food source migrates to another area, usually south where the food is better or easier to find. Why would Bigfoot need to migrate if the deer dont migrate and if there are still berries, and other plants and animals in their hunting range? It is not the winter and there is no snow on the ground.

Old 05-13-2022, 10:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,720,176 times
Quote:
I was a carpenter over fifty years ago so I do like seeing the YouTube videos of current practices when tackling my projects. This Old House has some very good YouTubes that talk homeowners carefully through these tasks. Over fifty years ago we never used a screw gun and only the big contractors used nail guns. It wasn't any fun trying to drive nails with a hammer and numb/frozen fingers!

That said, I agree that most of the home improvement shows are terrible. I love the one that has (supposedly) prospective buyers come through a house before it has a facelift and then after it has a facelift. People just don't talk like that about what was done to a house. As far as getting prospective buyers to come back through after they saw the house once, that is not realistic. Once buyers make up their mind the house isn't for them they will not waste more time looking a second time. Even if they did, they don't walk through uttering scripted lines.
One of my friends tried to flip a couple houses years ago, when this became popular, She had dreams of selling for $80K more than she paid, and only putting $10K or so into it (yeah right! LOL)...

What we found in the houses was a lot of DIY 'rigging', shoddy work done quickly and wrong most of the time, and the problem with trying to clean all that up or give it a face lift, often you have to tear out the rigging and start over and correct what they did, BEFORE actually doing the upgrades. She only did 2 houses thankfully. it wasnt worth it in the end, too much labor and materials needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal