Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2021, 01:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
This is something we agree on. With all the surveillance how can so many things like people going missing and a lot of crimes go unsolved.

I have a friend that works for a government agency. For many years he has been able to look at anyplace live with a google earth type program. He can pull up where ever you are at and you can wave and watch yourself do it live on his phone screen.
Ive wondered that as well...its pretty clear the public is being spied on in numerous ways by our Govt, and probably in many ways we are not yet aware of...and yet, there are 1000s of missing people, 1000s of 'wanted' people that are never caught, in every state?!!

Im not sure BOTH can be true at the same time...IDK...either their spying methods are not that great...or all these people are not truly wanted/missing...has to be one or the other!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2021, 01:38 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Just like the scene in Men in Black where Tommy Lee Jones watches his wife/girlfriend on a monitor. Yes, I think someone, somewhere knows all about it.
For satellite spying, you have to have the camera looking in your direction or at least covering the part of the country you want to look at. You also have to have someone who calls up that particular location, so they are not going to devote someone full-time looking for a missing person, and for MH370, I am sure they got some kind of 'alert' that there was an unidentified craft flying around. They probably looked at the time, saw it was a passenger jet(not a threat), and ignored it. Then if the whole thing was planned by someone, they probably continued to ignore it.

Last edited by ocpaul20; 03-20-2021 at 01:46 AM..

Old 03-20-2021, 05:56 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,121,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Ive wondered that as well...its pretty clear the public is being spied on in numerous ways by our Govt, and probably in many ways we are not yet aware of...and yet, there are 1000s of missing people, 1000s of 'wanted' people that are never caught, in every state?!!

Im not sure BOTH can be true at the same time...IDK...either their spying methods are not that great...or all these people are not truly wanted/missing...has to be one or the other!!
My local police use the license plate ID technology. Here is a list of some states that limit its use, but your state and mine are not listed: https://www.ncsl.org/research/teleco...alpr-data.aspx. So we have them checking to see if you have any outstanding warrants and you are not even aware.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
My local police use the license plate ID technology. Here is a list of some states that limit its use, but your state and mine are not listed: https://www.ncsl.org/research/teleco...alpr-data.aspx. So we have them checking to see if you have any outstanding warrants and you are not even aware.
Yep, they do this in my state, but they are not relying on any new technology...the patrol officer simply calls in plate numbers as he is driving, (cars that are in front of him), obviously they are not checking this all the time, but if you know you are wanted, I bet you are still sweating bullets when a cop is behind you!!

Old 03-20-2021, 01:49 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Yep, they do this in my state, but they are not relying on any new technology...the patrol officer simply calls in plate numbers as he is driving, (cars that are in front of him), obviously they are not checking this all the time, but if you know you are wanted, I bet you are still sweating bullets when a cop is behind you!!
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
Why is it, not only on cd, but other forums as well, posters have to interject with their own opinions that are way off topic?
What is the purpose of that?
We have all seen this in many threads, and it needs to stop.

Old 03-20-2021, 05:21 PM

691 posts, read 640,722 times
The tests by the French who concluded that the flaperon that washed up was from the missing plane didn't even calculate the buoyancy potential which some estimate to have been an 0% probability 43% possibility of remaining in the water for that length of time and still been able to wash ashore.

In other words, the chances of that part being from the missing plane is just a likely as Chauvin's knee being the cause of George Floyd's death, it might appear like it was but careful examination of the facts prove it wasn't. However, in the way mock trials are merely examinations conducted to give the superficial appearance of being a legitimate inquiry into the truth, scientific testing which omit objective facts to affirm a predetermined conclusion are no better.

As far as there being other life in the universe, remember that nothing comes from nothing neither does life...peace

Old 03-24-2021, 07:00 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
The tests by the French who concluded that the flaperon that washed up was from the missing plane didn't even calculate the buoyancy potential which some estimate to have been an 0% probability 43% possibility of remaining in the water for that length of time and still been able to wash ashore.

In other words, the chances of that part being from the missing plane is just a likely as Chauvin's knee being the cause of George Floyd's death, it might appear like it was but careful examination of the facts prove it wasn't. However, in the way mock trials are merely examinations conducted to give the superficial appearance of being a legitimate inquiry into the truth, scientific testing which omit objective facts to affirm a predetermined conclusion are no better.

As far as there being other life in the universe, remember that nothing comes from nothing neither does life...peace
I think it is naïve to think, and believe there is no other life beyond earth.
We don't know who, or what is out there, and what they are capable of.
Many of us on planet earth have the ability to "see" events as they are happening, even though these events happen thousands of miles away.
This is known as remote vision by some.

Over the years I have had experiences with remote vision, and the events that I have "seen" have been proven factual.
I suspect many are of the opinion flight #370, and all it's passengers and freight wound up in the ocean.
I am not of that belief due to my ability of remote vision.
In other words, I know what I "saw", and nothing has been shown, or proven that will ever take away from what I witnessed.

Old 03-26-2021, 09:41 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
"I had, and continue to have, the ability to "see" events as they are happening and unfolding.
On the night of this plane's disappearance, within seconds of hearing of the event, I had a vivid image of this plane (for lack of better words), being sucked into a spacecraft."

The night JFK juniors plane went missing I dreamed of a plan on on the floor of the ocean and there were two woman strapped into the plane seats and their hair was floating all around them suspended in the water. One was blonde. Coincidence? That dream/vision It still haunts me.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:16 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

It's very simple. There's no surveillance out on the lonely highways and byways. Hitchhikers can disappear. An investigation into missing Indigenous women in British Columbia resulted in the discovery, that a lot of young women would hitchhike between their communities and a town up in northern BC, where towns are few and far between, for example. There's a lot of long-distance trucking going on, and that was one way women would disappear. Kids (and adults) can get snatched from parks.

"Wanted" people can disappear by never going anywhere, where there's a surveillance camera. They can hole up somewhere with friends or in a homeless camp. As long as they don't go grocery shopping or buy gas, they won't get surveilled. State and national parks don't have surveillance cameras, except maybe for wildlife and around lodging, and there's a growing number of vagrants living in those parks.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's very simple. There's no surveillance out on the lonely highways and byways. Hitchhikers can disappear. An investigation into missing Indigenous women in British Columbia resulted in the discovery, that a lot of young women would hitchhike between their communities and a town up in northern BC, where towns are few and far between, for example. There's a lot of long-distance trucking going on, and that was one way women would disappear. Kids (and adults) can get snatched from parks.

"Wanted" people can disappear by never going anywhere, where there's a surveillance camera. They can hole up somewhere with friends or in a homeless camp. As long as they don't go grocery shopping or buy gas, they won't get surveilled. State and national parks don't have surveillance cameras, except maybe for wildlife and around lodging, and there's a growing number of vagrants living in those parks.
IDK about that, there are surv cameras almost everywhere, even in the smallest towns, and police can access different surv cameras, from different companies, and sort of piece together where someone is and where they have been.

Realistically, a wanted person cannot rely on friends to hide them for long periods of time, they will eating food, using utilities, and this person has no income to pay anything, and cannot even walk to the store, I have good friends, but I doubt any of them would house me and pay for all my needs for months and months, even if the wanted person lived out in the woods, they still must eat everyday, and with no money, that means dumpster diving...(places with dumpsters usually have surv cameras on the property.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal