Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 06:53 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times

Advertisements

*Bump*

I wanted to add to this because I realized one of the main reasons I had this dream.

My loved one had a connection to the government & I realized the dream happened around the Fourth Of July holiday (even for Americans who aren't sentimental about being American, people in the US love the 4th of July as they often get time off of work to go to parties or just relax at home.)

So the dream was part of a "life calendar" series of subconscious thoughts and dreams.

Just wanted to add that. I know it's always good to look at these things from every viewpoint.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2023, 11:52 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
Thank you for the replies.

BTW I just remembered, during a terrible year for me, this same departed loved one showed up in a dream in a particular set of clothes- I remember all this accurately b/c he wore those clothes during a year he was very busy with some specific work activities. I now realize that specific dream was his way of saying "I'm always here."
They're definitely "always here", even though you can't see them.

Old 09-01-2023, 10:23 AM

501 posts, read 167,391 times
Quote:
I dreamt of a departed loved one.....................In the dream I saw a closet full of clothing that looked exactly like what he used to wear to work & on days when he was running errands.

The dream ended with a reminder for me to not dwell on the dream (I'm serious.)

This made me think that my departed loved one might be re-incarnating. OR he's just sending a message to me when I needed to hear it.

I felt his presence not too long ago when the last thing on my mind was matters spiritual.

Just wanted to share....I have a lot going on but this felt like a wonderful gift from the universe.

You thoughts and opinions welcome.
I have had a number of so-called After-Death Communications, including a number of dreams that fit the classic ADC model. Only one involved any message. The others just seemed to be letting me know the decedents (in some cases, people I barely knew) had survived. The only actual message was from my father: "I'm dead but I'm not dead." Just those six words - but about the most powerful six words I've ever heard, and ones I've carried with me all my life.

Old 09-05-2023, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Darby View Post
I have had a number of so-called After-Death Communications, including a number of dreams that fit the classic ADC model. Only one involved any message. The others just seemed to be letting me know the decedents (in some cases, people I barely knew) had survived. The only actual message was from my father: "I'm dead but I'm not dead." Just those six words - but about the most powerful six words I've ever heard, and ones I've carried with me all my life.

Makes perfect sense.

As a kid I "leaned into" the blunt black humor of my favorite uncle, and so when he died he actually used a lot of that to help others in his life process his death better.

Old 09-06-2023, 08:25 AM

975 posts, read 533,657 times
Quote:
*Bump*

I wanted to add to this because I realized one of the main reasons I had this dream.

My loved one had a connection to the government & I realized the dream happened around the Fourth Of July holiday (even for Americans who aren't sentimental about being American, people in the US love the 4th of July as they often get time off of work to go to parties or just relax at home.)

So the dream was part of a "life calendar" series of subconscious thoughts and dreams.

Just wanted to add that. I know it's always good to look at these things from every viewpoint.....
It still doesn't give any one on this forum, who don't know you personally, enough information to interpret your dream for you. Only you can do that.

Old 09-07-2023, 09:13 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
I think it is a human arrogance that we assume that our waking reality is the ONLY reality which is real (and what IS real anyway?)

Science likes to tell us that dreams are figments of our mind but I suspect they are just as 'real' as waking life but experienced by another part of us ,where there are different rules-of-engagement which apply. Similar to out-of-body travel, where thoughts manifest more immediately than they do in our 3D world. When we get upstairs to the next reality we will find out all about how it works.

Old 09-07-2023, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I think it is a human arrogance that we assume that our waking reality is the ONLY reality which is real (and what IS real anyway?)

Science likes to tell us that dreams are figments of our mind but I suspect they are just as 'real' as waking life but experienced by another part of us ,where there are different rules-of-engagement which apply. Similar to out-of-body travel, where thoughts manifest more immediately than they do in our 3D world. When we get upstairs to the next reality we will find out all about how it works.
I agree, we are more than the sum of our physical parts. Some dreams are our subconscious trying to reconcile or file some event we experienced (while awake), some are us traveling or experienceing something unexplainable and undescribeable (which is why we don't remember when we wake up, even though we may wake up with a vague memory of something). And sometimes we get messages from our dead relatives, and others.

Old 09-07-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat56 View Post
I agree, we are more than the sum of our physical parts. Some dreams are our subconscious trying to reconcile or file some event we experienced (while awake), some are us traveling or experienceing something unexplainable and undescribeable (which is why we don't remember when we wake up, even though we may wake up with a vague memory of something). And sometimes we get messages from our dead relatives, and others.

Oh definitely. This is why a lot of hospice patients are fairly content (aside from their physical pains.)

Old 03-21-2024, 10:20 PM

8,546 posts, read 10,964,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

From research I have done, as I have mentioned so many times in the past, the spirits' book has explained much ,not only the lives of those who have passed on, but our human existence as well.
You comments above actually hit the nail squarely on it's head.

As told by the spirits themselves, when we dream, that is the time when our soul(spirit) leaves our body to return to places and others it is familiar with.
Our subconscious travels along, and is witness to what our spirit is doing.
We as humans feel the spirit of a loved one has come to us, but it is the other way around, we are visiting the spirits.
On awakening, sometimes we are able to remember a dream, while other times we feel we didn't dream at all.
When our body sleeps, dreams always happen, for it is that time the spirit is "free"(and wants to be) to travel and do as it wishes.
We have no control over that.

As I stated in the earlier post, the dream that I experienced, I was where my partner was, he did not come to me, I traveled to him.(or I should say, my spirit traveled to be with him).
He clearly showed me what his life is like in the spirit world.
Obviously, when my spirit was content in learning of his success at achieving what he could not here in the human existence, My spirit returned to my body, and I woke up.
When I woke, tears were streaming down my face.

So, as you stated, our human life is not the only reality.

Old 03-22-2024, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kophi View Post
Somehow I don't think we have that kind of power over those who have progressed to the next realm. They most likely come and go as they please.
It isn't about them, it is about us. You have to let them go in order to move on with your life. It is possible in my view that we can disturb their peace by not being at peace ourselves and using their death as our anchor to dissatisfaction or anger or depression. But that only makes sense if you believe that we are eternal and do not cease to exist when we leave our bodies. It is no skin off my nose if you disagree, but misunderstanding me bothers me. I obviously don't communicate very well sometimes and had no intention of going in to anyone's beliefs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal