Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 12:35 PM

109 posts, read 18,882 times

Advertisements

Alright let say humans had conquered space travel and there is a planet near by that has life on it what would we do? We would sent robot ships first then we would go to investigate that life taking samples and capturing life form to examine. But I guess alien life would not do that take samples and capture life forms for study just coming for a look see only.

Human's are dangerous also we would likely enslave the planet and rape it of all its resources given our history The planet of the apes is a dangerous place for aliens to come because we will want to study them and if possible steal their tech.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 12:50 PM

8,585 posts, read 11,013,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Interesting... "Alien abduction is an inherently American experience".

Also the title: Why Aliens do not Abduct Asian Americans

Possible answers:

- only in America because these "abductions" are perpetrated by the American government.
- only in America because it's the power of collective belief here that creates the phenomenon.
- only in America because the aliens are specifically interested in Americans for their study.

I never knew that it was mainly an American or N America phenomenon.

As for specifically an English speaking thing, maybe the Asian Americans language barrier or culture prevents them from speaking out and being singled out as weirdos?

Wonder what the alien believer groups think of this strange phenomenon.
Well, with none of us knowing the capabilities of any alien force, who is to say they don't have some sort of technology that is able to decipher any language?

Old 04-25-2024, 01:52 PM

715 posts, read 302,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
The planet of the apes is a dangerous place for aliens to come because we will want to study them and if possible steal their tech.
Yes because one should always use "The Planet of the Apes" movie (the original with Charleston Heston) as a alien first contact instructional video.

Old 04-25-2024, 02:50 PM

109 posts, read 18,882 times
Does it insult your intelligence that I was sarcastic. Your post makes no sense or are you one of the people who shame and ridicule those who talk about it. That's a very intelligent way to get to the answer if you don't want it

Old 04-25-2024, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul888 View Post
Does it insult your intelligence that I was sarcastic. Your post makes no sense or are you one of the people who shame and ridicule those who talk about it. That's a very intelligent way to get to the answer if you don't want it
No I was serious, Heston was abducted on a future world world so the scenario was slightly different. But the phrase "take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape" should be memorized as the proper outburst in case of alien abduction, remember how it freaked them all out?

Old 04-26-2024, 02:34 AM

6,972 posts, read 6,901,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
It's also unique in that most of the reported abductions were in English speaking countries.
It would be interesting to investigate that a little more.

Perhaps other language-speaking countries would not be reported so much or maybe we only read English newspapers or listen to English TV. CD is in primarily in English so we dont get the other viewpoints to comment on.

Who knows how many stories have come out in Mexico for example. Some of the countries media are pretty well controlled by their government too which may make a difference. At this stage we dont know whether there is any other agenda - for example if these UFOs were Russian secret aircraft, then the Russian government would not want it reported too widely in case the West found out where they were making them.

So, is it a function of the reporting or a function of the phenomena?

Old 04-27-2024, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Perhaps other language-speaking countries would not be reported so much or maybe we only read English newspapers or listen to English TV. CD is in primarily in English so we dont get the other viewpoints to comment on.

Who knows how many stories have come out in Mexico for example. Some of the countries media are pretty well controlled by their government too which may make a difference. At this stage we dont know whether there is any other agenda - for example if these UFOs were Russian secret aircraft, then the Russian government would not want it reported too widely in case the West found out where they were making them.

I've also read that the American history of slavery and cultural guilt has to do with it. The "white guilt" over abduction of humans from Africa to the Americas forces some modern white American's to subconsciously change the power dynamic so that they are the ones being abducted. This all happening during the evolving civil rights movements in the 60s and 70s in the US. The fact that an interracial couple (Barney and Betty Hill) were one of the first well publicized abduction cases maybe factors into it.
I am not sure I believe that myself, but there you go, one theory...

Old 04-27-2024, 08:46 AM
KCZ

4,685 posts, read 3,688,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post

Brazil is also supposed to have large numbers of sightings and abductions, although I can't find any actual numbers to support that.

Old 04-27-2024, 02:44 PM

8,507 posts, read 6,926,419 times
Humans have fanciful imaginations. The jokes on us I guess.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:55 AM

61,909 posts, read 87,428,807 times
Can you buy Alien Abduction Insurance?
You certainly can!! And this is no joke!

It sounds like something ripped from the pages of a science fiction novel or a quirky Hollywood comedy, but it's real, it's available in certain states, and it's surprisingly niche.

The policy costs $19.99 and pays out 10 million dollars if you get abducted. It's important to note that, you should read the policy very carefully, through.

https://kpq.com/ixp/133/p/is-alien-a...hington-state/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal