Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2021, 09:05 PM

472 posts, read 526,358 times

Advertisements

In Uptown News Starbucks has left and a new burger joint is moving in.

"Hit the spot is at Main Street Uptown Vancouver Washington.
AtuuacehgussShptreg 1o1 milatht l12:nsic2fa6ore dePhmM · Vancouver ·
Afternoon y’all! Just stopped by our future restaurant location @ 2420 Main St in Vancouver, WA. Starbucks is officially out and we get the keys August 23rd to start renovating! We’re a lil excited haha
Attached Thumbnails
The Waterfront, Downtown, Midtown, Uptown thread-starbucks.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 10:45 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,459,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberous View Post

Afternoon y’all! Just stopped by our future restaurant location @ 2420 Main St in Vancouver, WA. Starbucks is officially out and we get the keys August 23rd to start renovating! We’re a lil excited haha
I've been on a quest to find the best burgers in the area lately and have had that spot on my list! I'm excited to see what ends up on Mainstreet in Downtown & Uptown as businesses start to be replaced.

Old 08-26-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Coming Soon
The Yard Milkshake Bar
655 W Columbia Way, Vancouver, WA 98660
Region: Waterfront

https://www.visitvancouverusa.com/li...a8R08dwmLet3o0

Went to a similar place in Palm Spring ($10 milkshakes) and it was hugely popular.
Its open, and looks busy!!!! Hope to try it this weekend.

Attached Thumbnails
The Waterfront, Downtown, Midtown, Uptown thread-yard.jpg  

Old 09-28-2021, 06:41 PM

http://https://www.columbian.com/new...er-waterfront/

Some huge news for the waterfront and Vancouver economy!

Old 11-21-2021, 04:06 PM

658 posts, read 1,335,469 times
Would be great for Vancouver to have its own version of Pikes Place!

Old 11-21-2021, 05:07 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,700 posts, read 58,012,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailtramp View Post
Would be great for Vancouver to have its own version of Pikes Place!
That takes a lot of foot traffic to support. (Downtown residents, tourists, commuters. ). Hopefully Vancouver can fashion a FT Street / enclosed market that best supports it's community and commerce.

Highly possible, but it will not be the same as Seattle or Portland. Gonna take some serious investigation and planning. (With proximity to Portland)

Old 11-21-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:

Walked by this place last night (old Starbucks) new for Lease sign on the front tells me that they backed out. Quick google search confirms.
"Hit the spot! cancels lease for Uptown Village spot after supply snags"

Old 11-21-2021, 09:02 PM

5,439 posts, read 7,730,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
That takes a lot of foot traffic to support. (Downtown residents, tourists, commuters. ). Hopefully Vancouver can fashion a FT Street / enclosed market that best supports it's community and commerce.

Highly possible, but it will not be the same as Seattle or Portland. Gonna take some serious investigation and planning. (With proximity to Portland)
I think an indoor market with vender stalls like Pike Place or Granville Island is highly plausible. Probably a LOT of demand from local venders for that sort of venue. But probably not on that scale. Pike Place is enormous and 100 years in the making. The Granville market is actually much nicer and would be my model, not Pike Place https://www.pps.org/places/granville...-public-market

Old 12-13-2021, 11:31 PM

It looks like Block 21 is going to be a Modera Property. I've toured a few of their properties in the Pearl. All extremely nice with alot of amenities. This area looks like it will be extremely nice.

Does anyone know what's going on with the Springs Development that is supposed to be built? Looks like these project has stalled.

https://www.columbian.com/news/2021/...-stories-tall/

Old 02-07-2022, 07:55 PM

Good Bye Downtown!

I cant believe its been six years since I moved to downtown but its already time to say good bye!

We sold our modest house in December for a ridiculous amount of money. While we wanted to stay west of I5 it simply didn't happen and we ended up on acreage in Brush Prairie. The market is insane to say it mildly. We made full cash offers on several houses in the 700-800k range just to be outbid by 10-20%. I cant imagine being a first time buyer in this market. I truly think we are in a bubble that will have to correct. What causes that correction? Rising interest rates, stock market correction, recession, loss of jobs, elimination of work from home, etc etc. It just cant continue when the median home price in Clark County is 500k and median household income is 62K.

A little story on how desperate I was getting. I use the Obituaries to find a person from Ridgefield who recently died. Looked up her home on GIS and it was perfect for us! I also found a gentleman who was 65 who appeared to be behind on his property taxes, that's the kind of info you can get with GIS and simple google search. However both of these were wrong in so many ways so I didn't proceed but them deals are out there if you want to be that guy

I'm sad to leave downtown as I've really seen it grow and prosper in the six years we have been there. My decision to move was all about having space to suit our needs, and nothing negative about downtown. I'm excited to see it continue to grow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area