Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 12:49 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,762 posts, read 58,170,577 times

Advertisements

$750k, or whatever you spend is all about your needs and budget, and Real Estate desires. I have several friends who live within 6 blocks of your stated area, and I just noted the new construction there as I was departing PDX this afternoon. (For my monthly trip to my Texas properties... It is gonna rain in PNW next week, thus I am GONE from there!)

I'm all about uninterrupted view and unique desirability of any property I hold. But my home must be my safe, quiet, comfortable retreat. Each person has their own criteria. (Including access to events, schools, services... Especially during child rearing.). You will be driving several trips / day for the next X yrs, so you better like the drive! Definitely a nice neighborhood, and reasonable access to several schools + Clark College east campus and SR 14 if your kids choose to do Running Start instead of, or in addition to Camas High School.
(I note my local Texas high school has partnered with a private college this yr to provide for HS grads to enter U's @ full Jr level status. (Nearly all my Camas based high tech colleague's kids did this instead of HS.)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_Start

The Paper Mill smells and emissions are nearly non-existent. 35 yrs ago.... March and April would burn your eyes and lungs in your chosen area. We helped to build nearby Harvest Church about that era, and roofing, siding, and painting were a challenge during days with east wind. The weather is much more moderate now.

One of my colleagues from India bought a home a couple blocks SE of Water Tower, about 6 yrs ago, and they really like it there. His was a used repo / bank purchase, so 5 bdrm for under $400k. But that is not today's market.

Personally... I like to buy existing homes with mature landscape and setting and neighbors. Large acreage with huge shop. My friends from India prefer new homes, cars, appliances. That's fine, but that's not me. They also like coming to use my huge shop, drive my heavy equipment, and do skeet shooting off my deck. Their work week is very school and youth activity centric. Ours was not, as we lived overseas, or on a farm while in USA The first day of school for our kids was college at age 16. They did fine. Kids are that way... Very resilient, very capable, very amazing.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 09-26-2021 at 12:59 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2021, 04:43 AM

5,470 posts, read 7,766,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeepa117 View Post
Hi ,

Thank you for this group. We learnt so much from these forums. We are planning to relocate from Texas to Camas area and we found new constructions near NW Hancock Dr by Lennar called Haven Heights. In the pictures I see this community is being built around a giant water tower and mobile carrier towers. Can anyone suggest whether its worth to spend upper 750s to buy a home there for the sake of a camas school district?

Thanks and appreciate responses

Sandeep
I don't know what the homes are like, but the location is very nice and central. We live on the other side of the greenbelt from that new subdivision and like it. I prefer the more central location to one of the other new subdivisions way out on the edge of town.

Old 09-26-2021, 08:36 AM

368 posts, read 306,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeepa117 View Post
Hi ,

Thank you for this group. We learnt so much from these forums. We are planning to relocate from Texas to Camas area and we found new constructions near NW Hancock Dr by Lennar called Haven Heights. In the pictures I see this community is being built around a giant water tower and mobile carrier towers. Can anyone suggest whether its worth to spend upper 750s to buy a home there for the sake of a camas school district?

Thanks and appreciate responses

Sandeep
I live near there and have run through it many times.

I can’t fathom why anyone would buy a home there with the water tower looming over practically every house. It really is an eyesore.

There are other communities being built and there are existing homes that will continue to come up for sale.

There’s a home in my neighborhood that just came on the market for $815k or thereabouts. If you have K-8 kids, it is a great neighborhood, filled with kids age 3-10 and walking distance from Dorothy Fox Elementary (K-5).

Old 09-26-2021, 12:51 PM

368 posts, read 306,412 times
I just drove through it again because I couldn’t remember the utility towers. Yes, they are there and it helps to contribute to the horrible eyesore.

If you would like pictures or video of the neighborhood, private message me your smartphone # and I would be happy to drive through there and capture some pictures and/or video and send those to you.

Also, as far as I can tell, you don’t have any views from that neighborhood — except for the water and utility towers. The neighborhood dips down, kind of like a small depression.

Old 09-27-2021, 03:15 PM

220 posts, read 154,707 times
Washougal is nice

Old 09-27-2021, 06:15 PM

5,470 posts, read 7,766,740 times
I walked by those Haven homes yesterday and yes, that water tower is pretty big and is right next door. It might be less looming once all the landscaping is in. I don't know what your budget it, but I took a quick glance at Zillow and this home in Grand Ridge is the one that jumped out at me as being in an especially nice neighborhood that is also very convenient

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...23302896_zpid/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area