Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 06:30 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times

Advertisements

Good morning guys... wanted to give you a quick heads up on next week since its a big travel holiday.

There's a Potential for storm coming up. I have to stay on top of what the latest is. Could be a big snowstorm for many of us. For some reason I am not thinking rain for Vermont.

Temps the other story, another shot of arctic air on the way after Friday which is the warmest day of the week. Lots of chances for Flurries and snowsqualls including a clipper moving nearby

Timing on the storm is still up in the air. Could be Wednesday, could be Thursday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 08:16 AM

2,062 posts, read 3,960,464 times
Bring it on! The big rain this weekend seemed to melt most of the snow on the peaks.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:21 PM

Current 4:15pm temps. Most of VT near or below freezing except the south west side.. Is that a valley or just the mountains blocking the cold air?

I'll check what NWS Burlington says a bit later regarding upcoming

Attached Thumbnails
Vermont Weather-temps63.jpg  

Old 11-20-2013, 05:10 PM

Yeah, so BTV says couple of shortwaves or clippers coming through. Light stuff Saturday but the bottom drops on temps for Sunday. Teens should be around at night and not passing 20s during the day. Snow squalls would setup for some light accumulations Saturday night.. It will feel and look like winter this weekend. And then continue into the holiday week but moderating to seasonable levels.

I think travelling in northern New England mid week will be fine. Its down south with some rain and wind delays Tuesday. We'll know better by Sunday.

INITIAL SHORTWAVE TROUGH WILL EXIT THE NORTH COUNTRY ON
SATURDAY WITH SLIGHT CHANCE TO CHANCE POPS FOR SATURDAY. A SECOND
STRONGER SHORTWAVE TROUGH MOVES THROUGH ON SATURDAY NIGHT AND SUNDAY
WHICH WILL HERALD A PUSH OF MUCH COLDER AIR. COLD FRONT AND
ASSOCIATED STRONG CAA IN ITS WAKE ALLOWS FOR 850 MB TEMPS TO
FALL TO -13C BY 12Z SUNDAY. EARLY INDICATIONS OFFER SOME POTENTIAL
FOR SNOW SQUALLS SATURDAY NIGHT AND EARLY SUNDAY
...BASED ON STRONG
CAA AND FAVORABLE GFS BUFKIT PROFILES. THE COLDEST AIR DOESN`T
SETTLE IN UNTIL SUNDAY WITH 850 MB TEMPS BETWEEN -16 TO -18C. HIGHS
SUNDAY ARE LIKELY TO BE BELOW FREEZING...AND WITH AT LEAST PARTLY
CLOUDY SKIES UNDER BROAD CYCLONIC FLOW LOWS IN THE LOWER SINGLE
DIGITS TO VALLEY MID TEENS ARE FORECAST FOR SUNDAY NIGHT
. SOME
MODERATION IS EXPECTED MONDAY AS A CLIPPER SYSTEM MOVES TO THE
NORTH BRINGING A RETURN TO SLIGHT CHANCE/CHANCE POPS FOR SNOW
SHOWERS.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:43 PM

Man there are some interesting things going on.

1. Polar air has invaded the U.S. Texas will be seeing winter weather for next 5 days. Well below zero for the Dakotas. That air will be shifting East.

2. Storm still being shown for next week. Euro shows a 5-10" snowstorm for Vermont. GFS shows nothing. We'll know better this weekend. Travel plans might be delayed a bit if this storm is coming up the coast. Thanksgiving day looks to be ok for now with cold and dry.

3. Here's the data from the latest GFS for Burlington. Look at those temps (first column). Sunday staying in the teens. Monday in the 20s. Wednesday night into the single digits. And this is without the wind chill .

BTW, I created a blog for those interested in seeing multiple updates throughout the day.

Old 11-22-2013, 04:35 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
There was snow in the NEK and northern NH today. I about did a head-on fishtailing on route 2 in NH when I hit an ice patch. The snow was pretty though.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:39 PM

Snow forecast till Sunday 1am. Cool link to save and keep checking especially on phone while away from home. Looks like 1-3" forecasted throughout. Light stuff

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/btv/gis/imag...state_Snow.png

Old 11-22-2013, 05:45 PM

1,690 posts, read 3,616,148 times
Quote:

Texas will be seeing winter weather for next 5 days.
We get winter here in Texas? I didn't know that. The forty degrees with a light drizzle here is a bore.,,,zzzzzz

I saw a car with Vermont license plates yesterday here in San Antonio and wanted to hitch a ride up there. What an awesome sight to see those all green Green Mountain plates.

Old 11-23-2013, 01:41 AM

914 posts, read 2,917,850 times
I saw that they forecast a snow/rain mix for Dallas by Monday. But maybe where you live the weather is different as Texas is a big state!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
I saw that they forecast a snow/rain mix for Dallas by Monday. But maybe where you live the weather is different as Texas is a big state!
Check out yesterday "afternoon" temps down there. It's pretty impressive to see and ice and snow still being reported in some areas. In fact NWS has a briefing on it and lots of Winter storm warnings out in Texas..

How this all relates to here? That air is shifting Eastbound... Expect winds to pick up tomorrow as the Arctic air pushes across.

These are the Max temps forecasted for Sunday.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont