Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 04:25 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,987,538 times

Advertisements

It is made in USA work clothes.......

www.carhartt.com

Really though, please dont take Derringers posts too seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2007, 06:21 AM

48 posts, read 162,848 times
harry chickpea:

So....does that mean I don't win anything? Not even a new pair of high heels for the spring that is eventually coming, lol?

cb

Old 04-14-2007, 07:54 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,987,538 times
High Heels are great for traction during mud season.......
That spike really digs in on the wet hills when Im hiking !

I just have a real hard time finding them in Mens size 11 .

Old 04-14-2007, 11:32 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,479,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arel View Post
Originally posted by Derringer:

Never heard of Carharts. What are they? A style or a brand name? Really, I never heard of them.
YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT? OK just in case. They are the modern version of Dickie's work wear. Same Idea new brand. Very rugged if you by the better ones. They do have a low cost line as well and that one sucks. Well you get what you pay for. As they are normally work cloths, You should be able to write them off. I know several people that do. Good thing too as they are $40 to $50 A pair for Pants. lol

Old 04-14-2007, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
High Heels are great for traction during mud season.......
That spike really digs in on the wet hills when Im hiking !

I just have a real hard time finding them in Mens size 11 .

Try Payless shoes in St J. LMAO " Sorry couldn't resist."

Old 04-14-2007, 03:54 PM

1,442 posts, read 6,507,724 times
Two posters have written about Carharts.

No, I wasn't kidding about not having heard of Carharts. I'm not sure if I've heard of Dickie's either. I'm serious.

Remember, I'm writing from Brooklyn, NY.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:51 PM

110 posts, read 474,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arel View Post
Two posters have written about Carharts.

No, I wasn't kidding about not having heard of Carharts. I'm not sure if I've heard of Dickie's either. I'm serious.

Remember, I'm writing from Brooklyn, NY.
We will excuse you then In addition to Birkenstocks and Subarus being the official shoe and car of Vermont, you should probably know that the official line of clothing is "flannel".

Just remember if you tear or rip any of your clothes, be sure to have a roll of duct tape around to fix them

Just kidding on that last part.....actually, come to think of it, maybe I'm not. LOL

Old 04-14-2007, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colomonter View Post
you should probably know that the official line of clothing is "flannel".

Don't forget Camo. I have been seeing alot of Real tree, And Seclusion 3-D out there lately. So Carhart, Camo, and Flannel. With that you should be all set. lol In November it is Blaze Orange, "NEVER EVER BROWN, IN NOVEMBER."

Old 04-14-2007, 08:55 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,918,831 times
Carhart the official pants of VT, of the gridders and back to the landers. I own stock in Carhart, like I do the Co Op and Whole Foods.

The trucks up in Vt are amazing too, you wont see many like them in other places--great king cab Tacomas.

Carhartts are to VT in the 2000s like painter pants were to us in the 70s, They are a tough canvass painter pant

Old 04-15-2007, 01:34 AM

1,174 posts, read 5,907,764 times
Keep in mind it's very important to consider where you'll be living. The Burlington area is said to be very nice because it's so close to Vermont.

In truth, the best thing to do is to come-up and take a look around and see what people are wearing where you'll be. I travel up to Canada once a year or so and my sister has me smuggling in Roots boots they don't sell down here. There is a sense of fashion but it's definitely a New England sense. I was only half joking when I said to consider what Miss Marple would wear and then do that.

If you own a fur coat or stole then definitely send it to thrift or sell it. There isn't a single occasion you'd wear it even if you were invited to a Governor's Ball. If the governor had balls. Which he doesn't. There isn't a single ball or opera opening in the state. Formality as New Yorkers know it, doesn't exist. You would be marked as a pretentious outsider immediately and stick out like a 7th Ave hooker in a Franciscan convent. The real byword is practicality. You can look good and be practical.

Fitting-in isn't difficult because Vermonters generally don't care a great deal what you look like unless you're trying to make yourself look like you are better than everyone else. Pretension won't get you anywhere. Vermonters don't care how much money you have unless you're trying to flaunt it. Purple hair swept up over a birdcage with live parakeets would be more acceptable than gross overdressing. The key is to dress impeccably but low-key.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont