Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,145,938 times

Advertisements

Probably Vagrant Story. There's really nothing quite like it in any other game. Check some of these out:

Vagrant Story (DISC 2) / 24 - Truth - YouTube

Vagrant Story (DISC 2) / 09 - Iron Crab - YouTube

Vagrant Story OST (DISC 1) / 16 - Wyvern - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUyfXBaQa4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq5pqeTEwIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jlbgi7TFc3I

Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Final Fantasy XII come close, but for me there is just something special about the Vagrant Story soundtrack. Like some kind of extra special effort was put into it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 06:21 AM

224 posts, read 356,799 times
IMO, one thing the Sonic franchise has never failed on was the music.

Especially Sonic Heroes and Sonic Battle.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:07 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,087,513 times
Default Castlevania

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Overall, the Castlevania series has the best imo. From the very first one on up.
It's probably Castlevania for me too.

Listen to this AWESOME medley that pays a respectful tribute to the series.

Castlevania Piano Medley - YouTube

Old 02-11-2013, 08:15 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
I love Elder Scrolls music - Jeremy Soule is a great composer for the genre. The Morrowind theme gets me a little misty-eyed every time - so epic and beautiful. I do think Morrowind is the best of the three for music, but I like them all.

The Elder Scrolls III - V Main Themes - Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim - YouTube

Damn. I'm playing Skyrim and now I feel like I need to go back and play Morrowind and Oblivion again!

Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
World of Warcraft does have some very good music as well. I haven't played it in a year and a half and to be honest, I miss the music in the various zones the most. "Grizzly Hills" is probably my favorite.

Grizzly Hills Day - Music of WoW: Wrath of the Lich King - YouTube

Old 02-13-2013, 10:55 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,145 times
^^^^
I only played wow for a short time when it first came out, but the music from the elf area was fantastic, and I still like it to this day:

World of Warcraft - Teldrassil (music) - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauCharles View Post
I love Elder Scrolls music - Jeremy Soule is a great composer for the genre. The Morrowind theme gets me a little misty-eyed every time - so epic and beautiful. I do think Morrowind is the best of the three for music, but I like them all.
Yes, he does some great stuff. I liked the music from Skyrim so much I bought the multi disc OST from him. Great stuff.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:49 PM

Default Otogi: Myth of Demons

There's this very obscure Xbox game called Otogi: Myth of Demons that has a hauntingly beautiful opening score. What a shame that it's less than a minute long.

Otogi _ Myth of Demon Theme song - YouTube

Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,967,389 times
I automatically disqualify any GTA game because it's not original video game music.

Streets of Rage 2 for the Genesis.
Ocarina of Time for the N64
Mario Tennis Gameboy versions
The first three Sonic games.
Yugioh Falsebound Kingdom/Duelist of the Roses.
Main Series Pokemon games outside of generation III.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:49 AM

Default The Way You Move

Killer Instinct developed by Rare and distributed by Nintendo and Midway had some pretty snappy dance style music.

Killer Instinct Killer Cuts: The Way You Move Theme [1080p HD] - YouTube

Old 03-03-2013, 05:35 PM

5 posts, read 7,167 times
i don't consider vice city gta to be video game music. it is actual music put into a video game. video game music to me is bleep and bloop sounds. with that said, i can't find something better than mega man 2. other games are great like sonic 2, blaster master (nes), street fighter 2 (arcade), the list goes on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Video Games