Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 02:28 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,402,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
I agree that VA overall is Southern, but you cant say that just because a place is historically Southern that it is still culturally Southern today. I mean look at Maryland. You can't really find what it means to be Southern in any text book. It's not easily defined.
Yeah look at Maryland, irregardless it is a Southern State but today we still have Southerners that hate Maryland and refuse to accept the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State..........

Old 03-26-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymage View Post
I notice a lot of these style of threads. Is there still hatred of the north from the civil war?
I don't know about the North but I do often detect Extreme Hatred towards Maryland from deep Southerners and constantly refuse to accept Maryland as a Southern State just like how they refuse to accept a Latino as an American.........

Old 03-26-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
^Nova is bordered by the North. Maryland is culturally Northern. Ive got friends from rural Maryland. Definitely Northerners. And just look at the survey that was posted above. Only 40% of people in Maryland believe they live in the South and even less consider themselves Southern. You can't label a place as Southern if most of the people there don't even think its the South
Say what you want but the Fact remains that Virginia is not bordered by the North and Maryland is below the Mason-Dixon Line and whether you like it or not Maryland by the way of Delaware is a Southern State.........

Old 03-26-2011, 03:14 PM

38 posts, read 96,422 times
$mk8795 to the rescue lol

Old 03-26-2011, 03:17 PM

20,516 posts, read 33,544,005 times
Why he continues to spew that Southerners hate Maryland is beyond me. Nobody in the South hates Maryland. They just don't think about it nor do they identify with it.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:25 PM

3,072 posts, read 8,023,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Why he continues to spew that Southerners hate Maryland is beyond me. Nobody in the South hates Maryland. They just don't think about it nor do they identify with it.
This is correct. Nobody I know hates Maryland; they just don't talk about the state much. I never heard anyone say that they hated Maryland.

Old 03-26-2011, 03:57 PM

115 posts, read 243,225 times
Mid-Atlantic states - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-26-2011, 04:53 PM

6,078 posts, read 9,107,153 times
Virginia is American!

same as the other 49 states and all US territories

LOL

North/South who cares what Virginia is! The only thing that matters is that the people of Virginia live the same way that the rest of us do!

Old 03-26-2011, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
What I can never understand about the people that question my gut feeling about how people in the deep south view Maryland is that they always end up answering the question with the comment" they don't think about it and don't identify with it" which further proves my point that there is a sign of hate/dislike of Maryland from people of the deep south........

If you people don't hate Maryland then why deny the Fact that Maryland is a Southern state but get bent out of shape when someone states that Texas, Florida, and Virginia is not part of the South.......

Just because Baltimore(Richmond and Norfolk does too) resembles some of the Northeast Cities does not make the State of Maryland a non-Southern State and again only a Hater would deny Maryland being a Southern state especially under the same sentence of acknowledging Virginia being a Southern State knowing that there are parts of Virginia that also resemble parts of the Northeast............

Old 03-26-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdwell View Post
This is correct. Nobody I know hates Maryland; they just don't talk about the state much. I never heard anyone say that they hated Maryland.
Are you serious..........

A Hater more than likely will not utter the words "I hate" which is no different from alcoholic that barely ever admits that they are an addict of Liquor......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia