Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 02:55 PM

17 posts, read 17,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
This looks likely to pass. Guess our ABC stores will start selling MJ in 2024/2025.
Not sure how big this will be in Northern Virginia. Seems like every other person is a Fed or a contractor. Those "random" drug tests will become a lot more random.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 08:51 AM

4,221 posts, read 2,535,538 times
The Governor has proposed that starting in July possession of small amounts of marijuana should be legal for people over 21 and individuals may grow up to four plants. The larger issues not resolved still need to be, but there is no reason not to move forward. It appears to have the votes when the General Assembly meets again in April.

(For those note familiar with it, the legislative process in VA is different than at the national level. The Governor may sign, veto or offer amendments to a bill in which case, the legislature meets for a day to vote.)

Old 03-31-2021, 09:03 AM

7,670 posts, read 14,263,651 times
I know a few of my friends who are delegates (2) and senator (1) will vote against it but they know they will lose. They also say that there are quite a few dems on the left who will vote in favor of it even though they are opposed to it. They know if they ever want to get reelected they'll need to go along to get along. Got to love politics. And yes, I am opposed to it except for legitimate medical marijuana use.

Old 03-31-2021, 07:29 PM

1,753 posts, read 2,410,844 times
I'm glad that Virginia is exploring alternatives. I am neutral about legalizing recreational marijuana in Virginia, but legal changes will also help expand business opportunities for industrial hemp. I have been fascinated by Hempcrete, and the evolving uses for it. Virginia Tech has a program to study industrial hemp and its potential to boost economic research and development in Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Virginia