Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2023, 01:38 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,379,295 times

Advertisements

^^^^Cambium, the graph and map tell the story well. It's now early in Canada's normal fire season, but already near the total area burned in the entire fire season of the worst year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 01:50 PM

5,489 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
It's not too bothersome here yet, but there's still enough smoke that the sky isn't clear and I can smell it a bit. It's more smokey than in the previous days.
Similar here in Buffalo. Yesterday, I just thought it was a cloudy day, not realizing that what I was seeing was wildfire-priduced haze

Old 06-06-2023, 01:52 PM

5,489 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
^^^^Cambium, the graph and map tell the story well. It's now early in Canada's normal fire season, but already near the total area burned in the entire fire season of the worst year.
Yeah, those were great bits of information to post

Old 06-06-2023, 03:00 PM

585 posts, read 245,375 times
I hate all this smoke and can't wait for it to end. Today was especially bad during the afternoon with visibility reduced and the smell of burning in the air. I want classic blue sky June days back.

Old 06-06-2023, 03:26 PM

1,549 posts, read 871,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Togan93 View Post
I hate all this smoke and can't wait for it to end. Today was especially bad during the afternoon with visibility reduced and the smell of burning in the air. I want classic blue sky June days back.
You need to sacrificed that with rain sometimes.

Old 06-06-2023, 03:40 PM

585 posts, read 245,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerman View Post
You need to sacrificed that with rain sometimes.
Or the upper level wind direction needs to change from north to south and push all this smoke out of here. That cutoff low to the east is funneling all of that smoke into the region.

Old 06-06-2023, 04:50 PM

83,527 posts, read 75,355,132 times
I actually smell the smoke now. Had to shut the windows. Unbelievable. Its not like regular firewood smoke smell, its more a over burning smell

Old 06-06-2023, 06:43 PM

54 posts, read 89,932 times
My air sensor here in RI. Hoping that the rain would wash some out, but it only got worse. I think this is the worst I have ever seen here.

Old 06-06-2023, 06:57 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,344,393 times
NJ got slammed with the smoke just before sunset. It smells like it's so close, hard to believe it's coming all the way from Canada.

Old 06-06-2023, 07:29 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
We have an alert as well in western Washington and in the Cascades. I'm really keeping an eye out because there's only one road down the hill and out to the road that goes to town. And even if we make it to that road, it will be blocked by hundreds of cars from people living along the water.

Where I live, they're clearing a lot of woods for new homes. The other day some yahoo was burning some cut wood, and LEFT while the fire was still going! Of course it caught the pine trees on fire and we had engines and everything up here. We're having high winds right now too along with 90 degree temps. The winds come in from the south and west, so any fire that starts on this side of our road down the hill will blow this way. We won't have a chance.

I think it was last year when we got so much smoke that the entire day turned orange. It was like being in a filtered commercial. The air was awful as well and you could smell nothing but smoke. So I sympathize with you guys - I know what you're going through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Weather