Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2023, 01:19 PM

528 posts, read 711,337 times

Advertisements

The older I get the more I realize everyone dislikes "others". We pretend to get along only because we are very good at acting.

So what you describe is nothing unique to Westchester. Happens everywhere.

Old 09-29-2023, 10:58 PM

4 posts, read 1,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenburj View Post
So I am not saying everyone is racist or every white person. My neighbors for example of all colors have been spectacular. I lived here for just over a year cause I liked the green landscape, access to hiking across the Hudson valley, and I liked kayaking the Hudson River and LI Sound. Before that I lived in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and Hoboken.

However, I do notice there is a bit of resentment from whites in Westchester. Some of it passive and some it straight up dangerous.

Passive examples include mistaking me for being a Door Dash or UberEats driver if I pick up my food for myself or being told at restaurants "we are full" or "three hour wait" but one of my white or black friends showed up, the table is all of a sudden available or the wait time is now ten minutes even though I tell them the number of people in our party.

While driving at an intersection it said "no turn on red" so a guy behind me was honking at me to turn right on red. When it turned green, he pulled up next to me and said in full rage "n-gger i am gonna have you popped back to your ****hole country"(even though I am born here in the USA).

Then there was social situations at bars where white women have said "I don't like Indians" or "sorry you guys are all Muslim terrorists" or no response from saying hello but automatic hellos back at white or black men. Scary one where I said hello to a girl at the beach, and ten minutes later, some roided up guy comes up and said "no one talks to my girl you want to die punk" So I am not poor or obese and I dress decently, so I was shocked at this treatment.

Anyway, I think I am done with Westchester and will begin looking for places back in NYC. I actually liked Westchester and the beautiful Hudson Valley. I guess I am good as visitor but not seen as a real American.
Not a big loss so you can go run back to the cesspool city as you are not going to be missed here. The more of you people that come here, the more likely we end up the sixth borough. Before you know it, the subway will be extended here cause of you.
What's your deal in trying to talk to white women? Why can't you stay with your own women and leave our women alone? Why do you think they got some obligation to talk to you?
I wouldn't let my daughters go for an Indian guy cause your culture is very primitive and disrespectful and at least Blacks we can tolerate cause they are part of our fabric and have done more good for America than you guys. Nobody owes you anything.

Old 09-30-2023, 12:41 PM

10,061 posts, read 14,935,470 times
Just to keep in mind that no one is responsible for being born in X country, how that country functions and/or they're related to that culture, maybe a full or partial descendant. Those countries were already the way they are and the people from there in modern times aren't responsible that (in the case of India) much of it was a colony of Britain with everything that entails (though there are signs that the preference for lighter/whiter skin colors predate the British colonial period.) These things were not created by the OP or his parents or his grandparents. He was simply born as a descendant of these people and culture, had nothing to do with their evolution and formation.

Lets not blame people for having habits that essentially were many generations in the making. If those habits will be modified or eliminated, first it needs to be working towards that via education and, secondly, those things weren't created overnight, so don't expect them to be fully modified or eliminated overnight.

People are free to choose what types of habits they like, they tolerate, and they reject; but no one is free to basically pin point someone almost making them feel responsible for things that their ancestors passed to them and his family along with the family furniture, so to speak. Plus, to every rule there are exceptions.

Though I can't say how much does an Indian-American differs from Indians born and raised in India, but rest assure they have to be different on many respects. Being born and raised in the USA means that from the beginning Indian-Americans had to noticed that things outside the front door to their house is different from inside. There are always exceptions. Lets not use one brush to paint all.

Last edited by AntonioR; 09-30-2023 at 12:55 PM..

Old 10-01-2023, 08:08 AM

7,323 posts, read 4,118,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
People are free to choose what types of habits they like, they tolerate, and they reject; but no one is free to basically pin point someone almost making them feel responsible for things that their ancestors passed to them and his family along with the family furniture, so to speak. Plus, to every rule there are exceptions.

Though I can't say how much does an Indian-American differs from Indians born and raised in India, but rest assure they have to be different on many respects. Being born and raised in the USA means that from the beginning Indian-Americans had to noticed that things outside the front door to their house is different from inside. There are always exceptions. Lets not use one brush to paint all.
Every culture values different ideas and behaviors. These ideas and behaviors are reinforced by their religion.

Whether or not, someone is responsible for the things that their ancestors passed to them and his family - it does affect their lives. It will affect their behavior with people outside their family - their coworkers and friends.

Can people change their behavior - sure, if they realize their internalized biases. If their religion reinforces their bias, it's harder for them to change. If their families push them into following their ancestors, it's significantly harder to change.

If I was 30 years younger and single again, I wouldn't date a non-Christian from another culture/ethnicity. It's not bias! It's because, a successful marriage consist of two people who shared values, religion and cultures. Marriage is just harder if a couple have to navigate two religions with two set of holidays, two sets of in-laws playing tug of war with traditions and loyalties.

BTW - I'm sorry about your Black friend - I've never known that to happen in NY. If this happened in Boston, it wouldn't surprise me. Either way, it's sad.

Old 10-01-2023, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorktownGal View Post
Every culture values different ideas and behaviors. These ideas and behaviors are reinforced by their religion.

Whether or not, someone is responsible for the things that their ancestors passed to them and his family - it does affect their lives. It will affect their behavior with people outside their family - their coworkers and friends.

Can people change their behavior - sure, if they realize their internalized biases. If their religion reinforces their bias, it's harder for them to change. If their families push them into following their ancestors, it's significantly harder to change.

If I was 30 years younger and single again, I wouldn't date a non-Christian from another culture/ethnicity. It's not bias! It's because, a successful marriage consist of two people who shared values, religion and cultures. Marriage is just harder if a couple have to navigate two religions with two set of holidays, two sets of in-laws playing tug of war with traditions and loyalties.

BTW - I'm sorry about your Black friend - I've never known that to happen in NY. If this happened in Boston, it wouldn't surprise me. Either way, it's sad.
I don't get why these people come here and demand things to the point they want our women. My family immigrated a hundred years ago and didn't demand everyone cater to the them. They worked their way and assimilated. I pay my high taxes here so we don't end up like New York City, but these people move in trying to change us like the garbage urban area they left behind. New York City looks like India-Lite and I don't want that spread into Westchester. He can go back there or to Jersey if he hates it here. I don't want to be the sixth borough or become part of South Asia. I am good keeping Westchester as is and if that hurts feelings then tough luck.

Last edited by cleatkick; 10-01-2023 at 10:09 AM..

Old 10-01-2023, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjack2000 View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience. There are relatively few Indians in Westchester as compared to other parts of the Northeast (Queens, Edison, etc). I do notice the abrasive New Yawker type sometimes, especially while driving.

Have you tried farther north in Westchester?
Why are you encouraging these guys to move into Westchester? I don't want to be a sixth borough of New York City. I moved to Westchester not to live like a slumdog.

Old 10-01-2023, 02:58 PM

821 posts, read 774,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatkick View Post
Not a big loss so you can go run back to the cesspool city as you are not going to be missed here. The more of you people that come here, the more likely we end up the sixth borough. Before you know it, the subway will be extended here cause of you.
What's your deal in trying to talk to white women? Why can't you stay with your own women and leave our women alone? Why do you think they got some obligation to talk to you?
I wouldn't let my daughters go for an Indian guy cause your culture is very primitive and disrespectful and at least Blacks we can tolerate cause they are part of our fabric and have done more good for America than you guys. Nobody owes you anything.
You belong in the NYC forum. Your account will likely be banned/suspended shortly

Have a great day! Don’t let any legal minorities ruin your day.

Old 10-01-2023, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post
You belong in the NYC forum. Your account will likely be banned/suspended shortly

Huh? I didn't say anything racist and I already said, I have no problem with blacks since they have done good for Westchester.

Why would I want to be in the NYC? I like Westchester the way it is and i don't want to be the sixth borough or have the subway system extended into here. I pay my high taxes.

Old 10-02-2023, 03:45 PM

85 posts, read 57,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaomb View Post

Exactly, most Indians came here with visas to work and at least pay taxes, hopefully contribute to society and many with degrees. Other migrants, well I won't go on a rant but we are getting the welfare collectors and the farmers from genrational slave labor that goes as far back as the Mayans/Incas

Old 10-03-2023, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatkick View Post
Wow you are one racist hell spawn and so are the others that didn't call you out for it. You are probably the exact type the OP is talking about and you give every white person here in Westchester a bad name. Every race, culture, and religion has its best people and also has it garbage, and you are living up to that second part. Since you like to get technical though, Indians according to the FBI crime stats are the not group committing the most crimes and in fact commit the least crimes. So your idea they bring crime is ridiculous.

And if the OP wants to talk to white women, he has a right without getting harmed. Everyone has something they like in life and if that bothers you well that is your problem. I have daughters' as well, and it would not bother me when they grow up if they went for an Indian man, and if anything I would welcome it cause at least they will be loved since I seen Indian or Asian men married to white women and these men actually take care of their families, and not live in a crack house like your daughter with the current crop of white and black men these days while justifying it as "hipster living".

You also brought up you don't want to be the sixth borough, well it is too late and if takes a subway extension to force racists like you out, then so be it. You like to talk about taxes so much, but I pay my taxes as well and that is so we don't end like Alabama or Mississippi where you fit in perfectly.

Last edited by flashwall; 10-03-2023 at 09:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Westchester County