Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 07:53 AM

32,783 posts, read 48,575,615 times

Advertisements

Still way too sensitive, to the point it looks like a mental illness. Unfortunately, the word that comes to mind has been transitioned to mean homosexual, which I am not getting any hint of, nor would I care, but Bob is most certainly a delicate little flower.

If others have had small electronics stolen, then Bob has not had his mouse stolen because he was born in Louisiana. Coworkers can be rough. That's how life works.

Adding, if "Bob" is female, it is still way too sensitive unless Bob had her breast squeezed while being told that everyone knows that women from Louisiana are all easy (blips). Again, coworkers can be rough. Get over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 07:59 AM

65 posts, read 51,037 times
I still do not get what was offensive about the ant comment.

Old 06-29-2019, 09:01 AM

12,971 posts, read 9,239,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsaysgo321 View Post
Now I can assume through all of this that you still might say that Bob was too sensitive. That is fine. I mean, maybe Bob is too sensitive. That's why I posted this on behalf of my friend Bob, to gauge your opinion. But please read on...

I would like to follow this up and say that around the time the Level 2 person, Jack, made the aforementioned comments that Bob overheard and in front of Bob, someone (they never found out who) took Bob's USB thumb drive apart and jammed it in backwards into his computer, and stole his USB mouse. So it was not just a sticks and stones thing. Property was damaged.

The USB drive was usable again, after the electronic part was turned around and put back into the plastic covering in the proper way. Bob would've shared everything on the drive if anyone had asked. The USB drive contained basically a huge store of knowledge that Bob used to streamline and organize his workflow.

The mouse was worth about $40.00 and was completely gone, so that was, however, a loss. It wasn't as bad as a coworker of Bob's had a 300.00 iPhone stolen the prior year at the same job. Also they never found out who took it.

Now I can assume that ever after sharing these details you still might say that Bob was too sensitive. That is fine. I mean, maybe Bob is too sensitive and just needs to toughen up and be a more resilient employee. Whatever the case. That's why I posted this. To ask the question and get a response.
I'd be more concerned about the thumb drive and mouse issue. That's a company property and data security issue that has impacts way beyond Bob. Sounds like there was no response there from management, which has nothing to do with Bob.

Old 06-29-2019, 10:44 AM

7,587 posts, read 6,673,168 times
Quote:
And when in front of Bob with the Supervisor, "Do you know what you do with ants? You squash 'em." Bob is distressed and dismays, leaves the company, feeling there is no way to get ahead in such a hostile working environment.
So.... is Bob an ant, then?

Old 06-30-2019, 09:13 AM

596 posts, read 256,553 times
even if story true, you cant sue over he say she say

no employment lawyer will take the case unless you have documented evidence and witness of discrimination.
US legal system a ***** all deez loop holes

Old 07-04-2019, 05:16 PM

3,696 posts, read 2,928,435 times
It is not technically discrimination since it is national origin which is a protected class under EEO laws.

If there was a steady pattern of behavior like the destruction of the mouse/USB drive and negative remarks to him then it could be construed as a hostile working environment. One or two incidents doesn't define this though; it needs to be ongoing and pervasive pattern.

Old 07-04-2019, 06:30 PM

30,436 posts, read 12,030,431 times
So your name on here includes the word bob but you are talking about your "friend" who is not you also named bob?

Old 07-04-2019, 07:26 PM

20 posts, read 14,969 times
Thank you for your excellent responses! I think I've found my answer!

Old 07-08-2019, 02:44 PM

2,880 posts, read 2,085,737 times
Try being from Alabama. Jeebus. Those who underestimated me are still trying to figure out where they went wrong. Same employer, 35 years. Vet. Accomplished cyclist & adventurer. Beautiful Brazilian wife. Engineer, masters in business. Net worth - more than most. lol

The best revenge is living well and accomplishing every goal you set your heart to. Never give up, never give in, never let them see you sweat. Work hard and smart.

Complaining online won't even get you a cup of coffee.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:52 PM

37,823 posts, read 46,374,635 times
Quote:
Bob moved from Louisiana to New Jersey to take a job in a technology company, Otronical. (The name of the company and the names of the states have been changed to protect the identities involved.)

The workplace is organized into levels of positions like Level 1, Level 2, supervisor and beyond.

The Level 1 worker, Bob, who is the most qualified and capable of being a Level 2 employee, and very polite and respectful to a fault is finally interested in joining the group of Level 2s as a Level 2 position after two years, although he has not informed anyone of this yet. He did ask to train with a Level 2 employee, and was given that opportunity, although he did not ask why. The Level 1 worker, Bob, overhears a Level 2 employee, Jack, saying to the Supervisor, "Bob's from Louisiana" in a derogatory tone. And when in front of Bob with the Supervisor, "Do you know what you do with ants? You squash 'em." Bob is distressed and dismays, leaves the company, feeling there is no way to get ahead in such a hostile working environment. Jack is promoted to Supervisor and then to Manager and now has purchased a nice new home. Bob has suffered in employment since leaving Otranical and is now very under-unemployed.

Was this grounds for a harassment or discrimination claim?
Oy vey. Seriously???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment