Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2019, 04:14 PM

6,033 posts, read 6,201,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
"Thank you for your interest in working for.....?

But I continue to read and it lead to "And I am please to extend to you a conditional offer of employment contingent upon a successful background check"

Never thought a offer of employment with start with Thank you So now the wait begins for the background check to be complete which should be this week.
First, happy for you if you want that state job.

Second, one of the biggest brand-name tech firms ("A,""M,","G","FB" are some of said-companies) extended me an offer, which I accepted, some years ago and the email:

1. Turned up a week after interviews were concluded;
2. Started with that baloney sentence. Paragraph two was, "...and we're pleased to extend to you the position of (Lord and Master of all Things IT, as far as you know)..."

I skim those fast, to get to the punchline. They're usually mercifully short. The offer extension ones often don't come, they start with a phone call to extend the verbal, and negotiate, and the next email is the actual Offer Letter. But sometimes it starts via email with what is essentially good news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 04:19 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,788,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
First, happy for you if you want that state job.

Second, one of the biggest brand-name tech firms ("A,""M,","G","FB" are some of said-companies) extended me an offer, which I accepted, some years ago and the email:

1. Turned up a week after interviews were concluded;
2. Started with that baloney sentence. Paragraph two was, "...and we're pleased to extend to you the position of (Lord and Master of all Things IT, as far as you know)..."

I skim those fast, to get to the punchline. They're usually mercifully short. The offer extension ones often don't come, they start with a phone call to extend the verbal, and negotiate, and the next email is the actual Offer Letter. But sometimes it starts via email with what is essentially good news.
I would have preferred they offered me the job after the background check. I went from excited to irritated in a matter of 10 seconds. lol

Old 07-08-2019, 06:24 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,356,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneymkt View Post
This is for a state job and all their communication so far has been by email. The interview was scheduled by email and now the conditional offer.
While it would be nicer if the email was a follow up to a call, it's still good that you have documentation, and presumably that is also why they do it that way for their own records.

But yeah, a Congratulations as the opening would have been a bit clearer! Congrats and hope the background check goes quickly and you have the final offer soon

Old 07-08-2019, 06:58 PM

34,277 posts, read 17,352,927 times
congrats

Old 07-08-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
While it would be nicer if the email was a follow up to a call, it's still good that you have documentation, and presumably that is also why they do it that way for their own records.

But yeah, a Congratulations as the opening would have been a bit clearer! Congrats and hope the background check goes quickly and you have the final offer soon

And I don't what made me check my email on a friday after July 4th I want to email her back so bad and ask.."you didn't take off friday? lol

Old 07-08-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
congrats
Thanks Bob, just need to leapfrog that once last hurdle lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment