Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:51 PM

947 posts, read 3,571,475 times

Advertisements

Well, I would've liked to live in Sheridan, but it isn't to be.. applied for a job there twice, over the span of 6 months and didn't get ANY sort of reply whatsoever.

Oh well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 06:45 PM

269 posts, read 829,231 times
good luck elk hunter ! want us to rope one till you get back? 6by or 7?

Old 03-03-2008, 07:09 PM

269 posts, read 829,231 times
Isolation in sheridan? What are you talkin about? 10 minutes and your out of town in almost any direction-stay in the house all day and isolate yourself. There is so much to experince here in sheridan than can be addressd . I"ll try to give you a few- wonderfull walking and bike paths along some very wildlife freindly areas with beautifull views-Great parks -a great library staffed by people who care-check out story time for the kids. A great water park- on and on. Maybe you should live and contribute to a great town before you discredit it?

Old 03-11-2008, 11:15 PM

6 posts, read 21,337 times
Default Have Job - cant find affordable housing

I have a job i am starting in April and looking for a home to rent. I only need a small one bedroom place. AS i go through the paper i see that a one bedroom is renting for 1000.00. WOW. Who makes that much money in WY.

If any one out there has any information for me i could use it. I will be living in my truck and working my job if i cant find a home. I have a 30 foot Camper trailor i can put on a lot if there is any trailor lots for rent till i can find something i can afford.

It does not have to be in Sheridan its self- Ranchester or Buffalo will work also. I do not mind driving a few miles.

Thank you.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:18 PM

I love Sheridan and trying to move back. The Housing is not very good though. I am moving back from Casper. I have a great job just no place to live. Casper wind is driving me insain so i am so looking forward of being back.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:19 PM

What are you looking for in a job... I happen to know that RENEW is looking for people left and right for people. Just a thought.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 9,477 times
Default Homes in the Sheridan Area

ElkHunter,

I know that this post about you renting your home is old but I was wondering if you still had it for rent or if you have or know of someone who might have a place for rent. maybe even with some area for a couple of horses as we will be moving to sheridan?

Thank you,
mommy_hughes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Sheridan???? Don't do it. All you'll run across is friendly people and good times. So stay away. hahahaha

I just got word, USN recalled me and I have to go to Egypt. Egypt???? What the heck is going on in Egypt.

Anybody looking to rent a 1600 sq ft home? Might have one available. I ain't even moving my furniture out. Just going to walk away and have my son make sure the heat is working. hahaha

3 bedroom, 2 bath. Open beam cealings, sky lights. Fire place and I've cut over 4 cords of wood and split it. Now I don't get to use it.

Old 07-24-2009, 02:33 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
Right now the market isn't looking too bad. Check the paper and also check with realitors in the area. They often have listings that never hit the paper. People use the realitors to screen.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,208 times
I grew up in Sheridan it was Ok but thats if you dont mind everybody knowing you there. If your husband is looking for a job at the police station please be aware about three years ago there was a problem that got three police officers fired they did not like the mayor so they conspired to pull him over after a new years party daying that he was intoxicated. It was pretty bad they had to send in a different town to investigate it. I dont know that town is a retirment town and there really is not a lot of activities there for children to enjoy. Do not get me wrong the mountains are beutiful but if you are used to a larger town there may be some things you do not want to give up. The rent is among the highest in the US and the real estate is also high.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:42 PM

511 posts, read 2,199,080 times
+ 1 to what pbeyer said about the police/mayor... not a good town to move to to be an officer, way too many issues. I also agree about the housing :P I do feel differently about the activities thing though, I think Sheridan has a lot to offer these days- beautiful parks, amazing library, a wide variety of 4H choices, and indoor roller skating rink, an outdoor ice skating rink + hockey leagues, and outdoor pool with a water slide/diving board and an awesome kids pool with all kinds of neat water works, a skate boarding park, "Friday Night Fights" which is boxing for 18yrs+, and the YMCA (which has two indoor pools, indoor basket ball courts, racket ball, weight lifting gym, and a huge indoor play place for kids with a smaller play place specially made for babies & toddlers- the Y also offers tons of activities from soccer to art, to fitness, ect... And it's affordable!). Not only that, but there are also annual events. In the summer there is the Rodeo- it's a week filled with things to do from parades to carnival rides to concerts, ect. Then later in the summer they have the fair, where folks (mostly kids) compete with livestock or baked goods or crafts or photography, ect. Other summer activities include various 4th of July fireworks displays, all within about a 20-30 minute drive from Sheridan. The most popular seems to be the show put on out at the Polo ranch in Bighorn. There are weekly concerts at Kendrick park throughout the summer, and also weekly outdoor movies for kids, a weekly farmers market... I keep thinking of more things as I go on. There is a special deal for kids movies at the movie theater (we have a very nice theater for a small town, it's been newly remodeled) it works out to $0.50/ticket or so and includes popcorn and a drink and a candy... there is a beautiful little park just off of down town that has a peaceful zen garden for grown ups and a large fountain for kids to play in... I think I've about covered summer things, though I'm sure I've left something out...
Winter is less active, I suppose, but there some fun activities around the holidays. At Halloween, various businesses, schools, churches and the nursing homes offer safe trick or treat. There are haunted houses, tons of candy for everyone, fun games & prizes. In late November/early December, the Holiday Inn hosts a FREE turkey banquet & give away toys & prizes to kids. Around this time there are also a ton of Christmas craft bazaars where folks can offer their homemade items & baked goods for sale. In December there is the Christmas Stroll on historic Main Street. Shops offer great deals, give away free cider & cookies... they usually have a band play Christmas music and offer hay rides up and down Main on horse drawn wagons. I haven't even gotten into outdoor activities really... there's hiking (miles of some of the most beautiful trails in Wyoming, IMHO), fishing, hunting, boating, hang gliding, rock climbing, we even have a cave nearby for spelunking!
For shopping/food we have a Wal Mart, K Mart, Home Depot, Ace, Albertson's Grocery, Safeway Grocery, Walgreen's, Blockbuster, and I could go on but I've going to leave off by saying that yes, we even have a Starbucks now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming