Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:17 PM

1 posts, read 4,035 times

Advertisements

I wanted to offer Brecksville as an option. We now live in out of the state(military) but we did live in the Cleveland area for 10 years. My in-laws and some friends live in Brecksville. It is an incredibly safe town that is situated right on the state metro-park. It is located right off of I-77. The schools are excellent and the area is very family oriented. There is a lovely rec center, library, as well as a cute little downtown with grocery stores(nice) and some very nice places to eat. You do pay in taxes but the town is beautifully maintained.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 01:35 PM

28 posts, read 194,109 times
Hi, I have lived in ohio all my life. Hudson and Chagrin Falls are beautiful towns. I would think Chagrin Falls is a little more expensive than Hudson. My nephew goes to Hudson schools. They are great and they do have soccer. Whichever you choose I am sure you will be happy in either town.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:29 AM

3 posts, read 8,617 times
I grew up in Hudson, and Hudson schools were always superior to other areas. The town is extremely safe and picturesque. Although the people might seem a bit snobbish at first, they are actually very friendly and you really get to know them, especially when your kids go to the city's schools and are more involved in them. If you love old houses, the historic district is unbelieveably well maintained with gorgeous homes and gardens. It even was featured in Colonial Homes magazine and other publications. Almost every home in the historic district is in pristine condition which is rare. It really is the superior choice amongst suburbs in the area. My education from the Hudson School system was excellent and prepared me very well for college(I even won a full scholarship). Even though Hudson is a sophisticated suburb, it has a small-town feel and I still keep up with the families I knew growing up there. My friends all went to their first choice colleges too, including the worlds best schools. Hudson is also very close to The Cuyahoga Valley National Recreation Area, a National park next to Hudson that is extremely beautiful with ski slopes, and acres of trails and parkland you can't find in other parts. Almost everyone I know seemed glad they lived in Hudson, but it can be a bit homogenous. Hudson is also equidistant from Akron and Cleveland, so you can also utilize both of those areas easily. It's a special place that is a cut above the rest.

Old 05-04-2016, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,378 times
Hello everyone

Im considering moving to Husdon, ohio from southern california. The cost of living out here is just so much. For a super small home you are looking to spend 350k. Way to expensive plus the town I've grown up in has become so over populated and still growing. I'm looking for something with some culture, small town vibe, afforable homes and something more country is hudson a good place to live? I'm also 28 years old and a real estate agent (hoping to transfer my license to OH)

Thank you Everyone for any feedback.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:49 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaureenandCharles View Post
Thank you again for your information. Is Hudson considered safe? Also, how pricey as the housing doesn't look too outrageous? Are their sections you wouldn't want to live?

We are not looking for a city feel however would like some shopping. The town we live in now is 1,900 - charming and quaint. I have looked at Chagrin Falls but can't find out as much about it.

Thanks again for your comments.
Years ago we almost built a house in Hudson but went a different route. It's a nice town, great neighborhoods, excellent schools. We built house in Chagrin and would prefer living there, more authentic, more history, great schools. The village is probably the most picturesque site in Ohio. It is more costly than Hudson. More old money in Chagrin.

Old 05-12-2016, 04:32 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Either place has a good vibe, and the schools are good. I am more familiar with Hudson than Chagrin Falls, but either way, you can't really go wrong.

Old 02-22-2018, 01:41 AM

65 posts, read 103,325 times
I might be interested in moving to cuyunga falls or hudson oh from Virginia.

Are there apts there that are affordable? gyms with pools, shopping etc trader joes and whole foods?

how is the office work situation?

Old 02-28-2018, 06:07 PM

50,374 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann2016 View Post
I might be interested in moving to cuyunga falls or hudson oh from Virginia.

Are there apts there that are affordable? gyms with pools, shopping etc trader joes and whole foods?

how is the office work situation?
Hudson is not affordable, but cuyahoga falls is. There is a Whole Foods in Akron, but the nearest TJs is 20 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Akron - Canton