Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:25 PM

3,435 posts, read 7,000,068 times

Advertisements

The Ballon Fiest is freakin awesome! No Questions asked!!
I go just about every year, or atleast i try.. last year i got a ballon ride it was pretty exciting too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 04:50 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,376,970 times
So no one has any idea of how long a wait one might have in traffic? We have to be there before 5 p.m. on the 11th. I really do not want to spend all day there.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:56 PM

361 posts, read 1,093,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
So no one has any idea of how long a wait one might have in traffic? We have to be there before 5 p.m. on the 11th. I really do not want to spend all day there.

We usually got in and out by 10 maybe 11 am. Of course we got there about 5:30 or 6 am.

Just relax and enjoy it. It'll be alot of fun.

Although you have to be ready for crowds. There are alot of people at the Balloon Fiesta.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casden View Post
We usually got in and out by 10 maybe 11 am. Of course we got there about 5:30 or 6 am.

Just relax and enjoy it. It'll be alot of fun.

Although you have to be ready for crowds. There are alot of people at the Balloon Fiesta.
I just want to go to the craft fair out at Walatoma first. I don't think anyone is understanding my question
We have to be at the balloon fiesta at 5 p.m., what time should we arrive back in ABQ so that we won't be late getting there?

Old 09-24-2008, 06:58 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,637,363 times
AlisonL, a coworker told me today that on peak days (Fri/Sat/Sun), traffic getting into the parking lots at the park can take as long as a hour, depending on where you're coming from, even longer. They went year before last and it took them over an hour to go from Paseo & I25 to the parking lot at the Park. It was on a Friday.

Cool advice, folks. Looks like we're going on Thursday, which means we can a) see a mass ascension or glowdeo, b) see special shapes and c) avoid some of the worst crowds (we hope). What I'm not sure of is if we're going to the a.m. or p.m session that day. Although if we're only going for one, I may go on another day by myself to see what I missed I have a friend who's been here 3 years now and never attended (and doesn't care to), plus a friend coming in from out of town who DOES want to see the Fiesta. So it appears there will be a compromise or a major battle of wills amongst the three of us

Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
I just want to go to the craft fair out at Walatoma first. I don't think anyone is understanding my question
We have to be at the balloon fiesta at 5 p.m., what time should we arrive back in ABQ so that we won't be late getting there?
If it were me, I'd allow 2 hours for traffic. Worst case, you're at the park early. But then, I've never been - I'm just basing it on similar events I've attended over the years.

Old 09-24-2008, 08:08 PM

429 posts, read 1,479,615 times
Yukon! Great post! We are finally landed and mostly settled in Albuquerque (well, technically Bernalillo) and can't wait to go see our first Balloon Fiesta!!! We aren't into crowds but from everything I've heard, its so way worth it!

Thanks for bringing up the subject!

Sogs

Old 09-24-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
If it were me, I'd allow 2 hours for traffic. Worst case, you're at the park early. But then, I've never been - I'm just basing it on similar events I've attended over the years.
Okay, I don't mind being a bit early. We'll shoot for being in ABQ at 3 to give us some leeway.

Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 PM

Sogs, which day are you going? Wanna meet up?

Old 09-25-2008, 12:19 PM

657 posts, read 1,340,408 times
Leave just before dawn and do the Park N Ride. Last year that alone saved us at least an hour each way in traffic. Breakfast burritos. Hot chocolate. Mass ascention. Balloon Glow. Special Shapes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque