Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 03:53 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,730,290 times

Advertisements

I see ABQ currently in the 70s and a 10-day forecast of nothing but sun and high temps between mid-60s and mid-70s. Meanwhile, those are temps for regularity in the MKE area....in MAY.

Oh, and yes, I *did* willingly move away from ABQ last year.

I will now repeatedly bludgeon my head with a dull hammer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 04:30 PM

1,763 posts, read 6,004,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _yb View Post
This has got to be the driest and warmest winter we have had in some time. I'm enjoying the weather I just wish we could get some moisture.
If it was warmer and drier than '05 - '06 that's really something. I remember from Nov '05 - May '06 ABQ rec'd something like 0.16" of rain. It was just unbelievable.

EP, I just can't watch you do any more bodily harm to yourself. I'm starting a collection for your MKE-ABQ moving funds.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:08 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,375,785 times
I think this is wonderful weather. I am used to it being in the 30s(for a high) back in Maine. We seldom saw 70 before June.
And its not cold here, cold is having weeks of 0 and below temps. I'm thinking this winter is heaven.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:02 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,634,762 times
ziaAirmac, you started this thread to rub it in that EnjoyEP should never have moved, right?

Tim, will your fund take payment via PayPal?

The weatherguy on my radio station commented this morning that he was afraid the fire hazard was going to be very high this spring, and earlier than usual.

But....we still have March....maybe we could get a huge snowfall.......

Wait, that's EnjoyEP's forecast. Nevermind.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:05 PM

1,938 posts, read 4,756,048 times
We need a new Smiley to express my feelings about FINALLY!! getting some
warm weather...

[IMG]https://www.city-data.com/forum/members/mike-horrell-379006-albums-misc-stuff-pic24546-snoopy-***.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-24-2009, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
If it was warmer and drier than '05 - '06 that's really something. I remember from Nov '05 - May '06 ABQ rec'd something like 0.16" of rain. It was just unbelievable.
I remember that well too - very well. And honestly, back then, as a proud ABQ resident, I kind of almost took that stuff wholeheartedly for granted (the *positive* aspects of living in the warm / dry).

Took it for granted, I did.

Yes folks, the lesson as always: I am an idiot.

For the region in general, surely the moisture and precip when possible is always good. However, many folks live in ABQ (or the Southwest in general) to reap the quality of life benefits that go along - hand-in-hand - with the dry, sunny weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rankin View Post
EP, I just can't watch you do any more bodily harm to yourself. I'm starting a collection for your MKE-ABQ moving funds.
Awesome man, awesome. I will be the first to contribute. Let'ssee what I have got here...hmmm, $0.50, some used coffee grounds, and a half-ripped postage stamp. Oh, and a cr**load of snow.

(OK, now would be the appropriate time for some super-wealthy benefactor that has been a three-year lurker of the CD Forums and has "developed a soft spot for that ol' SOB EnjoyEP" to step in, throw a $20K spot on the table, and get EP and fam back to the Duke City!! ).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some *SHOVELING* to do!!

Old 02-24-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
ziaAirmac, you started this thread to rub it in that EnjoyEP should never have moved, right?
I will speak for zia (until he can chime in) and confirm that yes indeed, this was a pre-emptive, cruel...very cruel...very, very cruel...shot.

What a mean fellow.

I did have the good fortune of meeting personally mr. ziaAirmac when I was in ABQ a few weeks ago and can attest that in general, he's a great guy; however, this cruel thread is a testament to his harsh side!

Quote:
Tim, will your fund take payment via PayPal?
Of course, Rankin will have to speak for himself here, however, let's set the minimum donation standard at $10K. I get two donors then at minimum, and the EnjoyEP family is golden! Included is a multiple-cerveza round on EP at the Horse N' Angel.

(Just don't make the check directly to Rankin...next thing you know, I will *still* be shoveling up here years from now and you'll see TR in his silver-plated North Albuquerque Acres mansion gloating about the "ultimate scheme"!!! )...

Quote:
But....we still have March....maybe we could get a huge snowfall.......

Wait, that's EnjoyEP's forecast. Nevermind.
ALRIGHT, now that was just about as wicked or cruel as zia's original post.

Hey, we have a "heat wave" of sorts - 42 degrees tomorrow!!! Woooooo freaking hooooo!!! Rolling in an outdoor hammock until the high of 20 sets in on Friday.

Argh, I will now dig my thyroid out from my neck with a butter knife...

Old 02-25-2009, 01:08 AM

908 posts, read 2,856,888 times
You called it, yukon. I cannot tell a lie As EnjoyEP points out, we had the chance to catch up while he was out, and when this weather hit, he was the first one I thought of. He's a great guy, and it's meant as a friendly ribbing. Harsh and cruel? Sure! But what are friends for? EEP, I'll make it up to you. Next time you're out, first round's on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyEP View Post
I will speak for zia (until he can chime in) and confirm that yes indeed, this was a pre-emptive, cruel...very cruel...very, very cruel...shot.

What a mean fellow.

I did have the good fortune of meeting personally mr. ziaAirmac when I was in ABQ a few weeks ago and can attest that in general, he's a great guy; however, this cruel thread is a testament to his harsh side!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:20 AM

657 posts, read 1,340,045 times
EP...you just need to bite the bullit, sell the house in WI and move back. Tell your family you will buy airline tickets 4 times a year to visit them. (Those tickets couldn't cost more than WI taxes!)

Old 02-25-2009, 10:15 AM

1,763 posts, read 6,004,588 times
Good idea Yukon, about PayPal. And just to allay EP's concerns about possible misuse of the money, pls send those $10K contributions directly to the moving fund, instead of to me. Here is the web site:

www.paypal.con/northalbuqerqueacres/rankin (broken link)

I will make sure the money is spent...efficiently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque