Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 11:16 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,728,168 times

Advertisements

Just listening to my radio and this MD is on the radio on Thursday and they are talking about the dangers of long use of the nasal sprays like afrin etc. Check those side effects on those sprays. I have NOT used one of those in over 21 yrs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 01:31 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Well, interestingly enough, I had tried the grape seed extract but didn't seem to see any benefits. I recently bought pycnogenol and within a few days I was able to breathe better (I am chronically stuffed up). And this was on only half the recommended dose! The stuff is expensive, but it seems to be one of the few supplements that I can actually see real benefits from, so it's a keeper. Especially since I even have a little bit of a cold right now, and I can still actually breathe! Going to be ordering more.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:53 PM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Well, interestingly enough, I had tried the grape seed extract but didn't seem to see any benefits. I recently bought pycnogenol and within a few days I was able to breathe better (I am chronically stuffed up). And this was on only half the recommended dose! The stuff is expensive, but it seems to be one of the few supplements that I can actually see real benefits from, so it's a keeper. Especially since I even have a little bit of a cold right now, and I can still actually breathe! Going to be ordering more.
wonderful news gypsychic , Im hoping for big changes in my health. its time to change only Ive never had anyone to give me the right advice...lets hope its a turning point for some if not all of the symptoms I have with MCS... as they greatly reduce having a normal life..just to have the symptoms lessen would be a blessing..

Old 09-08-2016, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Wonder of wonders. Swansons sells a 100mg 30 caps for like $17. I just bought some pine bark on ebay 100mg caps 2 bottles 60 caps each for $14 total free shipping (hope they are good quality but so far they are fine). I mix the two thru the day now. This last year has brought some mucus I had not had in 20 yrs. The mucus is when I wake up and I blow my nose a lot and then I'm fine rest of day. Maybe it's dust in my bedroom.

I'm hearing it's been a hard allergy year.

Reminder: it was pycnogenol that got me off drugs in 4 days on the "P" in Sept 1995.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:01 PM

The flu vaccine "pushers" are out there telling everyone to get their flu vaccines as they take a couple weeks to take affect. I have not had a vaccine in over 25 yrs maybe longer. No colds no flu -- thanks to OPC's.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:15 AM

Flu jab had bad effects on me.. my chest down one side was painful for two weeks.. Why.... I cant say, but it started on the day of the vaccine.... open minded on this one.and wont be having another vaccination done..

Old 09-09-2016, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Flu jab had bad effects on me.. my chest down one side was painful for two weeks.. Why.... I cant say, but it started on the day of the vaccine.... open minded on this one.and wont be having another vaccination done..
Look at the toxic ingredients in those vaccines, is it any wonder on the side effects. No way would I put that stuff in my body.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Look at the toxic ingredients in those vaccines, is it any wonder on the side effects. No way would I put that stuff in my body.
To me vaccines are a fear tactic by governments who have a power over us to keep conditions under control, more for them than us... My son took a very bad nervous tic all over his body and face after his first ones at school at age five.. It happened instantly and lasted over six months... I was worried sick about it.. I had just started my first job since the kids had grown up and thought he was missing me from the house.. I didnt put the vaccine together with the tics.... the doctor said he didnt want to give him anything..to stop them.. but people were staring at him at school and in the street, his legs were kicking out on their own.. I didnt know then that magnesium could have helped him a lot..... it did clear up.. and I thanked whoever was up there for it...as I was very worried... then a few months later it was time for his other vaccine at school , so along this silly mother trots with her son..... The doctor looked at his files and said to me.. Take your son back to class, he wont be having this or any other injections at this school.. see your own doctor..... doesnt that tell us something.. and that was thirty years ago..

Old 09-28-2016, 11:31 AM

4,423 posts, read 7,363,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
after on this OPC into the 4th day in Sept 1995. Stayed with "P" for a year and then went to Grape Seed Extract and it's going on 21 yrs for these two. I have NOT taken an allergy drug in all these years.

Prior to "P" coming into my life, it was otc drugs and months of allergist shots and NEVER getting better...big bad bandaids...

I've done years of research on these and can say my overall health is very good. OA and hip replacement mess is my misery at 77.
Thank you for this. I just bought some at my health food store. I was apprehensive about trying it for the first time in case I'm allergic to pine so I cut a 50 mg in half. So far so good. I was taking quercetin but it caused stomach upset. Wishing myself luck with this one. Thanks again.

Old 09-28-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
Thank you for this. I just bought some at my health food store. I was apprehensive about trying it for the first time in case I'm allergic to pine so I cut a 50 mg in half. So far so good. I was taking quercetin but it caused stomach upset. Wishing myself luck with this one. Thanks again.

Yes good luck, and learn to work with both pycnogenol and grape seed ex...for me it's a miracle NO MORE DRUGS and doctors for allergies that never helped anyway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies