Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 05:24 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

after on this OPC into the 4th day in Sept 1995. Stayed with "P" for a year and then went to Grape Seed Extract and it's going on 21 yrs for these two. I have NOT taken an allergy drug in all these years.

Prior to "P" coming into my life, it was otc drugs and months of allergist shots and NEVER getting better...big bad bandaids...

I've done years of research on these and can say my overall health is very good. OA and hip replacement mess is my misery at 77.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2016, 04:03 PM

Ok, another opinion. All the drugs and shots etc etc that millions take do not make them better. It's a lifetime of drugs/shots/doctors and never getting better. I probably was taking the drugs and doctors for about 35 yrs or so and NEVER getting better. These OPC's got me better. Drugs are bandaids, more and more are needed. The drugs do not get to the root.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:40 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,656 times
Thanks for the info! I bought some French Maritime Pine Bark Extract, which converts to OPC from what I gather, and take a capsule daily w/ my regular supplements. The consensus seems to be that this will take several months to have an effect, but that's fine, and the cost of the bottle of capsules was ridiculously cheap, even for a high quality product.

Old 03-18-2016, 02:01 PM

I don't know which product you bought but most take 200mg of this OPC daily. So don't skimp...one has to take enough for bodyweight. My daughter and grandkids take 200mg and I normally take 200mg two times daily...tell me which product you are taking...I'm curious.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:10 PM

2,054 posts, read 3,340,656 times
This one is 150mg capsules. I wish it were 100 and I would take it twice a day, but for now 150mg once a day may be OK. I'm going to research it a bit, because mine is in a different form than yours. You're getting the OPC from grape seed extract, mine's from pine bark extract. Probably twice a day is better, but until I call them and figure out the bioavailability of the active ingredient, I'll stick to once a day.

My bottle says French Maritime Pine Bark Extract 150mg, 180 capsules, pine bark extract (90% polyphenols), made by Vitamins Because here in Hermosasa, Fl (I'm in St Pete, Fl), and I bought it on eBay for $11.19, shipped.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:27 PM

That is a good deal. I've never used ebay. When I first started on this OPC back in 1995, it was Pycnogenol and it was within like 4-5 days my allergies were like history. I actually got on Pycnogenol at a lecture in Orange County CA since Pycnogenol was coming into the U.S. from France and we were told by the panel of MD's and researchers...."P" may prevent cancer(s)....Nothing about allergy issues....so my BIG SURPRISE was the vanishing of allergy issues....today MANY research hospitals are using Pycnogenol and grape seed ex in their cancer research. The company doing the lecture was LifePlus and they may still be around... So after a year on "P" I found thru a health food store consultant that grape seed ex was just as good and less money. Back in 1995, I paid $40/month for Pycnogenol and I think it was 100mg and maybe 30 caps...it's a long time ago. The prices have come way down as so many are producing these now.

I buy this one from swansons when I want "P" around.. I make a moisturizer cream from the powder in pycnogenol.

Pycnogenol® 100 mg Supplement - Pine Bark Extract - Swanson Health Products

So, bottom line your 150mg dose is probably very good.

To improved Health...

Old 03-18-2016, 05:32 PM

When I found how great I was feeling and doing, I bought probably 5 books on these OPC's..this is one I own and bought it at a health food store in my town.

https://www.amazon.ca/Faqs-About-Gra...=1&*entries*=0

Oh this is so interesting, I own this book which I bought in 1996 at my coop market here and it's a collectible for $35.00. I paid $3.50 and lent it out to so many people. Love this little book.

http://www.amazon.com/Grape-Seed-Ext.../dp/B0093TTNV6

Old 08-30-2016, 06:13 PM

I can't believe how many let themselves suffer and not getting on these OPC's. I haven't had an issue in 21 yrs. Thanks to grape seed ex and/or pycnogenol.

Old 08-31-2016, 05:26 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,222,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I can't believe how many let themselves suffer and not getting on these OPC's. I haven't had an issue in 21 yrs. Thanks to grape seed ex and/or pycnogenol.
I can't believe anyone thinks that grape seed extract can somehow magically "cure" allergies......it doesn't

Over 8 weeks of treatment, no significant differences were observed between active and placebo groups in rhinitis quality of life assessments, symptom diary scores, or requirements for rescue antihistamine. No significant laboratory abnormalities were detected
Evaluation of the clinical efficacy and safety of grapeseed extract in the treatment of fall seasonal allergic rhinitis: a pilot study. - PubMed - NCBI

Old 08-31-2016, 10:50 AM

Believe me or don't...I could care less about all your studies. Not using a pharma toxic drug for allergies and sinus issues has been a HIGH point in my life.

LifePlus is the company where I purchased my Pycnogenols for the first year.

OPC Frequently Asked Questions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Allergies