Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 08:29 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times

Advertisements

I am not sure about selling it for a living, but I certainly do take it for a living.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 10,795 times
Have you spoken to your physician about this at all? Personally if you have seen good come out of it why take them off. My family and I have been on JP for over a year now and we feel great and haven't been sick all year with people all around getting sick. I really think you should talk to your representative and your physician. Don't make a hasty decision.

Old 07-11-2008, 09:16 PM

41 posts, read 912,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by health4you View Post
Have you spoken to your physician about this at all? Personally if you have seen good come out of it why take them off. My family and I have been on JP for over a year now and we feel great and haven't been sick all year with people all around getting sick. I really think you should talk to your representative and your physician. Don't make a hasty decision.
"Talk to your representative"? I don't see how the opinion of a Juice Plus representative matters. A Juice Plus representative is in no way qualified to dispense medical advice; there is no training required to become a JP rep. Also the product is not intended (by law) to prevent or cure diseases. It's not something people should turn to to keep from getting sick.

If anyone intends to bother their physician with questions about Juice Plus (which the doctor will probably have never heard of), they should be sure to mention points 1-6 in my previous post (#30). That should help save some of the doc's valuable time.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:46 AM

I have talked to my doctor about it. He turned out to just one of the thousands that take it and recommend their patients take it. He is very aware of our need for balance in nutrition and feels JP helps, not replaces, helps. And no, he is not involved in distributing it. He just feels it is and AID in helping his family and his patients.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I have talked to my doctor about it. He turned out to just one of the thousands that take it and recommend their patients take it. He is very aware of our need for balance in nutrition and feels JP helps, not replaces, helps. And no, he is not involved in distributing it. He just feels it is and AID in helping his family and his patients.
...and the doctor's name is?

Old 07-12-2008, 10:38 AM

I don't think I should broadcast my doctors name in this type of arena without his permission. I can say he has been a doctor for 18 years, did his residency at Univ of Fla, has been in family practice since in Sanford Fl.

Old 07-12-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
I don't think I should broadcast my doctors name in this type of arena without his permission. I can say he has been a doctor for 18 years, did his residency at Univ of Fla, has been in family practice since in Sanford Fl.
A mysterious doctor who can't be named endorses Juice Plus. That's not very compelling. How do we know the story isn't made up? Any doctor who is going out on a limb to recommend Juice Plus should have no problem defending this advice, and if they do, then they must know that they are doing something shady. At any rate, a second-hand testimonial from a doctor that refuses to be named is as useless as it is suspicious.

Old 07-12-2008, 04:34 PM

Oh please! I certainly would not broadcast anyones name in a open forum for very obvious reasons. But if you need doctor references for Juice Plus, go to their site. They provide many that have authorized that use. When I see my doctor and he says it is ok to refer to him, then I may do that, but not until.

Old 07-12-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Oh please! I certainly would not broadcast anyones name in a open forum for very obvious reasons. But if you need doctor references for Juice Plus, go to their site. They provide many that have authorized that use. When I see my doctor and he says it is ok to refer to him, then I may do that, but not until.
Thanks, but I was wondering if there were any docs that recomend Juice Plus who aren't making money from it somehow.

I'll be waiting to hear whether your Juice Plus doc is willing to stand behind their recommending the product to patients.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:27 AM

Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld is a practicing physician and the Rossi Distinguished Professor of Clinical Medicine at New York Hospital Weil Cornell Medical Center. He was president of the New York County Medical Society and was a member of The Practicing Physicians Advisory Council for the Secretary of Health and Human Services. His evaluation is below. He is not affiliated with Juice Plus, he just has a passion for doing what he can to help people help themselves. In 1999 he received the United Nation's Citizen of the World Award.

Re. Juice Plus+ Case Study by Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine