Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 07:30 AM

6 posts, read 164,215 times

Advertisements

Ok. I read almost the whole form on Juice plus ??? I have had my daughters been taking this for the past 4 years. My oldest daughter had warts like crazy on her body before taking this and 4 months after taking this they all went away. Same thing with my other daughter. I read the clams about Juice Plus but I want to know:
1. What is the major proven health risk to my daughters if they are taking Juice Plus?
2. What would all the nay sayers suggest to take instead of Juice Plus.....I know eating all their fruits and veggies but that is real tough.....so please give sugestions...
I am real nervous after reading this Juice Plus information and I want what is best for my kids and I dont care about the cost....Should my daughters keep taking these or do something else...HELP!!!!! My wonderful daughters are 10 and 13.....thanks for your help..

Old 03-31-2008, 07:08 PM

NOthing huh

Old 03-31-2008, 07:45 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
If you are worried about juice plus and want another option, try making your own juice. You can get a good juicer for around $75 or more. Or buy a super blender like BlendTec or Vitamix. You can make some incredible smoothies, green smoothies, natural soups and other healthy concoctions.

I find that interesting that juice plus made the warts go away, so that is a good thing.
If you feel they benefited more from taking it, and want to continue taking it, do what you feel is right.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:14 PM

Thanks Pink..I just want some assurance. When it comes to my kids I do not want to mess this up....we only have one chance...It feels like everyone around us is getting diseases and I want to protect my kids the best way I can. We tried a Juicer but it ended up so much money and more effort than I thought..I know I know no excuse but our professions really keep us going.....Thanks for the info......

Old 04-01-2008, 10:41 PM

1,356 posts, read 6,026,486 times
Juice Plus is not going to hurt your kids unless they are allergic to something in the product. I imaging the most common side effect would be diarrhea. If that happens then cut back.

When you start taking products like Juice Plus that contain fruit and vegetable blends you are getting lots of trace minerals and enzymes. I don't have any experience with Juice Plus but I do have experience with similar products because I am in the supplements industry. I have spoken to many people who have taken these "greens" products and had pretty amazing stories to tell like hair growing back, skin problems disappearing, not getting sick for months after having a weak immune system, etc. These are not typical stories but my point is that for some people a product like this will help alleviate a nutrient deficiency in the body that was causing who knows what. After all, the body is very complex. However, if enough people take the product then the company will have some pretty amazing testimonials to share.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM

Niners thanks so much......She did take two doses by accident one day and got the "Runs" for a little but she has been very healthy (Thank the Lord) since she has been taking them..I just want to make sure there is nothing like to much bata caratoine or something like that which would make them ill...or have some long term side effects.......I know anyone can get sick or ill form anything.......You could even die from eating to much spiniach.......ok enough from me..thanks for taking the time to type...!!
Bill

Old 04-03-2008, 05:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
I have been taking Juice Plus for about 3 years. I started at the same time as I started Chemo. It was suggested to me by a Doctor friend as something that may help han dle the therapy. It did! The blood cell testing they do weekly (they want to make sure they don't kill you while trying to kill the cancer) showed me and frankly kind of suprised my Oncologist, that the Juice Plus was helping me handle and actually avoid a lot of the bad side effects of the Chemo. I don't mean to imply that it is a majic elixor, but I do believe it does help you get some of the nutrients you may be missing in your diet.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:44 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
I went to their website for Juice Plus and if someone wanted to try just a 2 week supply, they don't let you. You have to sign up for a month's worth at $41 something. And be on automatic delivery, which means your credit card is automatically charged too. This is just for the adult supplements, not the kids. Those are extra.

I can see how juice plus does help clear up skin problems and other things, because you are getting highly concentrated fruits and veggies in a pill form. You can do the same thing, even cheaper, by buying fresh produce from your store, buying a juicer and making your own fresh juice daily.
I have mine down to a science now. I get out my ingredients, like today it was an orange, 2 apples, 4 stalks celery and a handful of baby carrots and some grapes. total time processing: 2 mins. Total time juicing: 3 mins. Cleanup afterward: 5 mins. Total: 10 mins.
The people that say they don't have time to make healthy fresh juices have never made healthy fresh juices.
And it was soooooo good!!!!
I bet you can't say the same for the taste of a supplement.
To each their own for sure.

But....I can see how juice plus could come in handy when I am traveling. I never seem to eat right when away from home and my juicer is just too big to fit in my carry on bag.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:54 PM

Thank you Florida..great story..My daughter has a friend who had cancer and friends who have cancer.....Maybe this will help them.
Pink...I questioned them also about the credit card stuff and everything they just said that is how their business is run. I tried Jucing and never got the hang of it...crud I cant even spell it...it also seemed so expensive......but like you said to each his own..thank you guys so much for your information....and open mind

Old 06-11-2008, 04:06 PM

41 posts, read 912,408 times
I highly advise anyone who wants to know more about Juice Plus to consult the previous in depth discussion on this forum.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/healt...uice-plus.html

This product has been widely criticized, essentially as worthless snakeoil, but apparently it has some people convinced that it cures everything from cancer to warts. If anyone's gut instinct is telling them that Juice Plus is curing something, then they need to stop listening to their gut. Juice Plus isn't even remotely close to being fruits and vegetables and it contains as much added vitamins as it does juice powder, and yet it doesn't even contain significant amounts of minerals, fiber, or B-vitamins (the advertising fails to mention that though). It also seems to cause unpleasant side effects quite often.

Don't fall for the scam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.