Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 12:40 AM

861 posts, read 2,191,518 times

Advertisements

Most gays idea of a "gay friendly" place is not somewhere that folks tolerate and live and let live, but a place where the lifestyle is flaunted in every perverse way and lovingly shoved down the throats of everyone whether they like it or not.

It is where the schools teach it and then force you to leave your kids to be subverted in the name of diversity and tolerence, where hardcore homosexual activists push to ban every bit of free speech that is not "politically correct" according to thier definition, where marriage is taken and twisted so much it is no longer recognizable, where churches are in danger of losing thier rights to preach against what they consider sin because the gay pride dudes consider it "Hate Speech"....where parades are put on and festivals are held that are so full of filth and perversity that you would not want to attend much less take your children to one ...(dont believe me...just do a little internet research....if you can stomach the photos)

I am willing to let folks live thier lives however they choose....but I hope that at least my part of Az never becomes that "gay friendly".

Old 06-15-2009, 03:44 AM

709 posts, read 1,767,209 times
Quote:
Most gays idea of a "gay friendly" place is not somewhere that folks tolerate and live and let live, but a place where the lifestyle is flaunted in every perverse way and lovingly shoved down the throats of everyone whether they like it or not.

It is where the schools teach it and then force you to leave your kids to be subverted in the name of diversity and tolerence, where hardcore homosexual activists push to ban every bit of free speech that is not "politically correct" according to thier definition, where marriage is taken and twisted so much it is no longer recognizable, where churches are in danger of losing thier rights to preach against what they consider sin because the gay pride dudes consider it "Hate Speech"....where parades are put on and festivals are held that are so full of filth and perversity that you would not want to attend much less take your children to one ...(dont believe me...just do a little internet research....if you can stomach the photos)

I am willing to let folks live thier lives however they choose....but I hope that at least my part of Az never becomes that "gay friendly".
Most homosexuals label any city/town that does not have a gay bar as being "intolerant and homophobic".

Old 06-15-2009, 06:49 AM

13,211 posts, read 21,827,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saffordpastor View Post
So you know most of the gay people in the world to be able to make this statement?

Old 06-15-2009, 07:40 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:

Easy there.

Many so-called 'Bible Belt' enclaves are just as intolerant of Mormons, Jews, Unitarians, Wiccans, Muslims, etc.

I am OK with quite a few things---------------in moderation. Needless to say: stuff like NAMBLA, the KKK, heavy drinking, etc. does not fly in my eyes.

As for Gays: the flamers, leathermen, and other extreme examples of homosexuality apparently rank lower in that subculture's social food chain. Read that the straight appearing ones are held in higher esteem.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:04 PM

861 posts, read 2,191,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So you know most of the gay people in the world to be able to make this statement?

No....but I know enough of them.

Old 06-15-2009, 12:17 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
Quote:
No....but I know enough of them.
I should ask how many is "enough" so that you could speak about "most". But, I don't want to derail the thread further. From your original post, I suspect that for you, knowing one gay person would be more than "enough" (i.e., too many) for you. However, I would suggest that you probably know, or have known, many gay people of whose orientation you are/were unaware, because they didn't match your stereotypical view.

Enough hijacking of this thread. It is not helpful to the OP's question, since I actually very much doubt that what she meant by "gay friendly" is the same as what you say "most" gays mean by it.

Last edited by observer53; 06-15-2009 at 12:42 PM..

Old 06-15-2009, 01:41 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
LOL, she should of asked this question in the Phoenix forum and not the "general AZ" forum. Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, etc. are not the center for conservatism in Arizona, LOL! There are more granola type places in AZ like Flagstaff and Tucson but that doesn't necessarily make them more liberal, just different. What granola means to me is that they don't like designer labels and throw paint on fur coats, where as in Phoenix that isn't as much an issue. However, I am gay and recommend Central Phoenix, Tempe, Scottsdale, Chandler, etc. Most of my friends live in these areas, gay or straight. The largest and most concentrated gayborhood in Phoenix is the Melrose District along 7th Ave north of Thomas Rd. to Bethany Home Rd. But anywhere central is tolerant and welcoming. Melrose does not hold the pride parade but it is home to many gay and lesbian businesses including bars/clubs, churches (Phoenix Church of Hope is one gay church in Melrose), etc. There are over 12 churches in Phoenix where gays are fully accepted and integral to the community.
PFLAG Phoenix:* Local Churches & Religious Centers (Gay & Gay-Friendly)

Even though there are "sexual references" in pride parades or "displays of affection" among gays, this isn't stuffing anything down anyones throat as those who wish to not see it don't have to. Also it isn't about perversion but about the freedom to not have to hide who we are and observer is right; those that display a little much aren't mainstream, much like swingers, dominatrix, etc. aren't mainstream in straight society. Also, while I am tolerant of the straight lifestyle, I am constantly bombarded with images of straight sexuality especially in pro sports with cheerleaders wearing next to nothing, restaurants like Hooters and straight strip clubs in every city in America. How many gay strip clubs are there in Phoenix...ONE because we aren't caught up in seeing as much nakedness as possible without our loved ones/partners finding out!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:50 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,060,609 times
back to the OP's original questions....

the Phx area is large enough and educated enough that, in general, you could be happy here....probably not good to move into Gilbert, Chandler, parts of Mesa, Sun City (!), but Tempe, parts of Scottsdale, areas of Phx would be fine....there is no widely-known gay neighborhood, but 7th Avenue between Camelback and Indian School, the Melrose district, comes close to being one....

there are many gay and lesbian bars and they are spread out all over....no neighborhood of them....there is a Phoenix Gay Pride festival every year....a former Tempe mayor is gay and is now the head of a national gay rights group (forgot the group name)...

google what you can for more info

Old 06-15-2009, 02:14 PM

3,995 posts, read 10,016,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
back to the OP's original questions....

the Phx area is large enough and educated enough that, in general, you could be happy here....probably not good to move into Gilbert, Chandler, parts of Mesa, Sun City (!), but Tempe, parts of Scottsdale, areas of Phx would be fine....there is no widely-known gay neighborhood, but 7th Avenue between Camelback and Indian School, the Melrose district, comes close to being one....

there are many gay and lesbian bars and they are spread out all over....no neighborhood of them....there is a Phoenix Gay Pride festival every year....a former Tempe mayor is gay and is now the head of a national gay rights group (forgot the group name)...

google what you can for more info
Melrose is the gay neighborhood and Melrose has more the bulk of gay/lesbian bars, clubs, and restaurants and shops; Charlie's, Bunk House, Harley's, Z Girl's Club, The Rock, Fig's, Paris Envy, Melrose Pharmacy, Wash-n-Wag, and on and on. The other area of gay business and club concentration is downtown; Amsterdam, Malibu, Miami, Sky Lounge, and on and on...However, "between the 7's" is considered a "gay corridor." The areas that are within and border 7th Ave. to 7th St. from south of downtown to Sunnyslope are good places for diversity and tolerance.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:47 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcorrales80 View Post
Melrose is the gay neighborhood and Melrose has more the bulk of gay/lesbian bars, clubs, and restaurants and shops; Charlie's, Bunk House, Harley's, Z Girl's Club, The Rock, Fig's, Paris Envy, Melrose Pharmacy, Wash-n-Wag, and on and on. The other area of gay business and club concentration is downtown; Amsterdam, Malibu, Miami, Sky Lounge, and on and on...However, "between the 7's" is considered a "gay corridor." The areas that are within and border 7th Ave. to 7th St. from south of downtown to Sunnyslope are good places for diversity and tolerance.
.......and there are some Gay oriented businesses on Indian School to at least 16th St as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona