Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2021, 09:34 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,098,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
no that was not my argument, it doesn't matter who is dominate, there are close to 10 established governments or leaders within china during the japanese surrender.

what I'm saying is that no one is a rebel as no one has complete or even majority control of china.

you cannot label anyone as a rebel during a time like that. there are many warlords/governors/leaders that are neither KMT or CCP as well.
The undeniable fact is that after Japan's surrender, the Republic of China had control over the majority of China.

Here is a video showing who controlled what after 1945. Only a small fraction is controlled by the CCP and the other warlords you are talking about are working with the Republic of China.

In other words, the Republic of China was the established government at that time and the CCP rebelled against them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c3jLDdDuD0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2021, 12:23 PM

14,994 posts, read 23,994,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I agree the KMT was weakened significantly by fighting the Japanese for almost ten years.

The reason I pointed it out to Maomao, was because he made the false argument that KMT was not the dominating force, hence CCP did not rebel because they did not overthrow an established government or leader.

Rebellion: an act of armed resistance to an established government or leader.
I cannot see responses from that other poster, but I agree. CCP was hiding in the hills like cowards biding there time when Japanese surrendered, letting the KMT forces bleed themselves dry in fighting the Japanese. The dominating force in China was ROC, even weakened, as they accepted the Japanese surrender in all major cities and strategic points. US Military and other allied forces also supported this effort. The only exception was Manchuria which was occupied by Stalin. Manchuria became the staging ground for the resumption of the civil war. The Chinese Civil War didn't resume until about a year after the war ended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia