Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2023, 02:05 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times

Advertisements

Herman will be running the finale of the SRX series at Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, MO in August.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2023, 04:07 PM

5 posts, read 1,618 times
I'm going to see the SRX series next month at Berlin Raceway in Marne, MI near Grand Rapids. A dear friend of mine owns the track now so who knows if I'll meet some of the drivers.

Old 07-13-2023, 11:15 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Starts tonight! 9PM on ESPN

I can only hope the series continues to present some good racing1

Old 07-14-2023, 12:19 PM

17,563 posts, read 15,226,764 times
Totally forgot about this. I should have it on my YouTube DVR so will watch it tonight, but what happened to Harvick and Stewart?

They showed as running, but.. That can't be right. Harvick only ran 7 laps and Stewart about 17.

Old 07-17-2023, 06:19 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
The race was fun to watch and the cool part is how SRX is going to these smaller tracks with huge fan support.

Old 07-18-2023, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
The race was fun to watch and the cool part is how SRX is going to these smaller tracks with huge fan support.

Good series and I love the smaller tracks but I'd like to see more diversity in the drivers, maybe another Indy driver, a coupla dirt-track sprint car drivers and road-racers and maybe a drag-racer. Doug Kalitta's driven sprint cars and would be good if schedules permitted.

Old 07-19-2023, 05:54 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Good series and I love the smaller tracks but I'd like to see more diversity in the drivers, maybe another Indy driver, a coupla dirt-track sprint car drivers and road-racers and maybe a drag-racer. Doug Kalitta's driven sprint cars and would be good if schedules permitted.
Yeah I started watching SRX to get away from the likes of Denny Hamlin...

Old 07-20-2023, 07:17 AM

9,492 posts, read 9,804,183 times
Quote:
I agree, more types of drivers are needed. As for CUP drivers, I would rather see some more retired guys, like JJ, or Dale Jr., Carl Edwards...Kevin Harvick next year. Kasey Kahne will be cool to see on August 3 at Berlin.

Old 07-20-2023, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah I started watching SRX to get away from the likes of Denny Hamlin...
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I agree, more types of drivers are needed. As for CUP drivers, I would rather see some more retired guys, like JJ, or Dale Jr., Carl Edwards...Kevin Harvick next year. Kasey Kahne will be cool to see on August 3 at Berlin.

All things considered though I guess we're still getting a pretty good show. I well remember having to watch an hour and twenty minutes of Wide World of Sports, sitting through things like Sumo wrestling and Tiddlywinks competition (yeah, really!) to see 10 minutes of the Monaco GP or having to go to a movie theater to see a CCTV broadcast of the Infy 500. Racing coverage's come a long, long way since I'd eagerly await the weekly showing of Jalopy Races from Hollywood in grainy black & white film coverage.

So, no matter the entrants, kudos to Camping World for bringing us this series!

Old 07-23-2023, 12:31 PM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
All things considered though I guess we're still getting a pretty good show. I well remember having to watch an hour and twenty minutes of Wide World of Sports, sitting through things like Sumo wrestling and Tiddlywinks competition (yeah, really!) to see 10 minutes of the Monaco GP or having to go to a movie theater to see a CCTV broadcast of the Infy 500. Racing coverage's come a long, long way since I'd eagerly await the weekly showing of Jalopy Races from Hollywood in grainy black & white film coverage.

So, no matter the entrants, kudos to Camping World for bringing us this series!
We must be around the same age, as I remember those days, too!! Chris Economacki was classic.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing