Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2022, 12:47 PM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If you don't get CBS, you can watch on Paramount + app.

I would like to see Jeremy Mayfield and Carl Edwards in the SRX series. (I know heavy on NASCAR, but I really don't follow the other types of racing to suggest drivers. I would bet that most viewers of SRX are primarily stock car fans).

I hope each event gets at least 1-2 local 'hot-shoes' in the mix, always interesting to see them matched up against the 'BIG Series' drivers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2022, 06:59 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,831,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I hope each event gets at least 1-2 local 'hot-shoes' in the mix, always interesting to see them matched up against the 'BIG Series' drivers.
I'm with you burdell, it is fun seeing some of the young hometown favorites up their battling with Stewart and the others for a big win on their hometurf. Given the direction NASCAR has headed I am excited to see the growth with this series. I think Tony does a good job with this series.

Old 06-17-2022, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I'm with you burdell, it is fun seeing some of the young hometown favorites up their battling with Stewart and the others for a big win on their hometurf. Given the direction NASCAR has headed I am excited to see the growth with this series. I think Tony does a good job with this series.

Me too! I think he truly appreciates how good the racing can be at local 'bull rings'. I used to often go to Orange Co. Speedway in Middletown NY and Flemington in NJ. Those dirt tracks look pretty smooth from the stands but more like a plowed field when you walk them. I don't think I'll ever forget seeing Sammy Swindell lap Flemington at 145mph the first time WOO appeared there, engine was just flat-out the entire lap.

Old 06-18-2022, 07:19 PM

Saturday Night Short-Track in America! Gotta LOVE It!

Old 06-21-2022, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Saturday Night Short-Track in America! Gotta LOVE It!
I missed it! Was working late on a project by the time I got in it was over. Sounds like Newman and Bubba had a good race. Good for Castroneves. I am looking forward to watching Newman maybe battle it out with Paul Tracy.

Old 06-21-2022, 12:55 PM

17,607 posts, read 15,292,362 times
Quote:
I missed it! Was working late on a project by the time I got in it was over. Sounds like Newman and Bubba had a good race. Good for Castroneves. I am looking forward to watching Newman maybe battle it out with Paul Tracy.

Low number of NASCAR drivers up at the front. Bobby and Ryan were it in the top 5.

I mean, there's only 6 former NASCAR guys, a number that will fluctuate.. But still, good to see them NOT dominating.

Helio is a hell of a driver. I'm a touch shocked at him pulling off the win as he hasn't run much with fenders on it. Didn't get to see it, was traveling and didn't remember to set it to record.

How about the local guy finishing second?

I would like to see a BIT of an extended field.. 13.. I'd like to see that more around the 20 mark. But, still keep it where there's only 6 or 7 NASCAR guys, unless there's a specific reason.. Like I think Schrader is running one later this year at I-55 (Isn't that Peaveley?)

Old 06-21-2022, 08:05 PM

Quote:

It was a good season opener! I wish this series ran a little longer than it does, I think they've done a good job with it.

Old 06-22-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Low number of NASCAR drivers up at the front. Bobby and Ryan were it in the top 5.

I mean, there's only 6 former NASCAR guys, a number that will fluctuate.. But still, good to see them NOT dominating.

Helio is a hell of a driver. I'm a touch shocked at him pulling off the win as he hasn't run much with fenders on it. Didn't get to see it, was traveling and didn't remember to set it to record.

How about the local guy finishing second?

I would like to see a BIT of an extended field.. 13.. I'd like to see that more around the 20 mark. But, still keep it where there's only 6 or 7 NASCAR guys, unless there's a specific reason.. Like I think Schrader is running one later this year at I-55 (Isn't that Peaveley?)
Yeah from what I read Shrader and both Blaney's will run at the different tracks that they own respectively .... Pretty cool.
Castroneves was always one of my favorite indy guys that tried to make it NASCAR.

Old 06-27-2022, 08:46 AM

Stewart, Biffle, Labonte, Newman and Castroneves round out the top 5! Paul Tracy and Waltrip had a really bad main. Fun to see Mikey when he's upset. I tuned in right before the main so I missed the heats but looked like Stewart actually man handled Ernie Francis on pit road after one of the heats. But later they were yuckin it up.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:19 PM

Nashville tonight! Going to be a good one! Newmans leading the points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing