Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:13 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubina View Post
Most recently

1 people who grab onto your headrest when walking up and down the aisle. I get you need support but I shouldnt get whiplash.
Agreed except if the plane suddenly encounters turbulence or if it's an elderly person who is truly in need to the extra support. Otherwise there's really no reason for anyone to even touch a seat walking up and down the aisle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 AM

3,577 posts, read 4,508,929 times
Also kicking the back of my seat incessantly
Grabbing the back of my headrest thereby pulling my hair out.
Flipping their hair over the headrest in front of me so it goes down the back of the seat.
And fear of RETRibution! Air rage i guess!!

Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Yeah, you made it clear, but you are Wrong. The tray 'does' move. I'm not over weight. It moves because it pivots, but it does move and it can be very uncomfortable. But then too most of these planes are built to pack people it for more money, they can care less on you comfort.
Then I call BS. I've flown on every major carrier in the US, and a number of global ones as well, and have never had a tray table go into my stomach when the seat in front was reclined. Lose some weight or buy a first class ticket.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 AM

1,846 posts, read 4,741,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Wow, thanks for that comment.
annerk was rude for saying that

Old 05-16-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjb View Post
annerk was rude for saying that
Since when is telling the truth rude?

Old 05-16-2013, 10:56 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
We like to bring our DVD player and watch a movie if it's a long enough flight. One flight had these really loud obnoxious women chatting away with enough volume that I'm sure the whole plane heard them. It was hours of annoying banter. I gave them a bit of a dirty look after we exited the plane. They were having so much fun laughing and talking, but they could have been a little more considerate. I don't mind the kids, especially if we can connect and have some fun conversations. Some of them can be on the shy side.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,257,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Since when is telling the truth rude?

Being true does not necessarily mean that a statement isn't rude as well.

Quite often, such statements are made by someone who takes great pride in being "brutally honest", but it's all too obvious that they are much more interested in being brutal than they are in being honest, and being brutal is always rude.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
People recline their seats in an already cramped cabin.

People and their artarded idea of what constitutes carry-on luggage. Seriously. There are now full-sized suitcases coming on those planes. Makes me nuts.

Mostly the rudeness I have experienced, however, has been from ticket agents and flight attendants. It's like you can't even ask a question without someone getting cheezed off.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:15 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You must be quite overweight for this to have happened.
no you dont need to be overweight for this to happen and its not the person trying to eat who is at fault its tne non caring anti social idiot in front. its common curtesy not to put your seat back at drinks or meal times on planes.. On a long flight from the UK to Florida, before the plane had left the ground had found our two blankets plus two others from the overhead storage , I looked at my husband asking if they were ours.. he thought there might be more above us but no... selfish non caring moron and when we got really high in the air it was freezing... she wouldnt feel it though... it seems planes bring out the worst in some people... Another woman flying from Greece , and sitting beside us to the UK held my hand the full journey because she was so scared.. Id never met her in my life and sat like an idiot allowing it...every time my husband spoke to me she would pull me in her direction... and IM not the greatest for conversation while travelling... worst experience yet on a four hour flight.

Last edited by dizzybint; 05-16-2013 at 11:25 AM..

Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
Being true does not necessarily mean that a statement isn't rude as well.

Quite often, such statements are made by someone who takes great pride in being "brutally honest", but it's all too obvious that they are much more interested in being brutal than they are in being honest, and being brutal is always rude.
If I was being brutal I would have used far different words to describe being overweight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation