Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM

5,718 posts, read 7,259,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
If I was being brutal I would have used far different words to describe being overweight.

My statement wasn't about you in particular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 12:45 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
no you dont need to be overweight for this to happen and its not the person trying to eat who is at fault its tne non caring anti social idiot in front. its common curtesy not to put your seat back at drinks or meal times on planes.. On a long flight from the UK to Florida, before the plane had left the ground had found our two blankets plus two others from the overhead storage , I looked at my husband asking if they were ours.. he thought there might be more above us but no... selfish non caring moron and when we got really high in the air it was freezing... she wouldnt feel it though... it seems planes bring out the worst in some people... Another woman flying from Greece , and sitting beside us to the UK held my hand the full journey because she was so scared.. Id never met her in my life and sat like an idiot allowing it...every time my husband spoke to me she would pull me in her direction... and IM not the greatest for conversation while travelling... worst experience yet on a four hour flight.
I've never been on a flight during a meal (not a snack) where they didn't request that all seats be brought upright until meal service was over. The person claiming that the tray table came so far into her stomach that she was in pain never mentioned a mealtime. There is no reason to have the seats up during beverage service.

I always bring a wrap with me on a plane, those airline blankets are nasty.

As far as the lady from Greece, I wouldn't have stood for it--I don't like being touched by strangers and would have simply pulled away and suggested that she either get a grip or ask the FA to re-seat her someplace else.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
My statement wasn't about you in particular.
Then why did you quote me?

Old 05-16-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Then why did you quote me?

I quoted your statement about truth and rudeness, and said that such statements are often made by those who are being "brutally honest". I leave it to the reader to determine their own opinion about whether or not it applies to you.

But if you'd care to try on the shoe and announce to the world that it's a perfect fit, you're certainly welcome to do so.

Or not.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I quoted your statement about truth and rudeness, and said that such statements are often made by those who are being "brutally honest". I leave it to the reader to determine their own opinion about whether or not it applies to you.

But if you'd care to try on the shoe and announce to the world that it's a perfect fit, you're certainly welcome to do so.

Or not.
Like I said, I was speaking the truth and not at all in a rude manner. If you think that was brutally honest, you should consider growing some skin.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I was speaking the truth and not at all in a rude manner. If you think that was brutally honest, you should consider growing some skin.

And like I said, you were speaking the truth, and it WAS in a rude manner, although I wouldn't classify it as having reached the level of brutal. Just rude.

I have plenty of skin already, thank you.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:37 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
"You must be quite overweight for this to have happened."

Um, NO. Have you been on a plane recently? And anyway, who the hell are you to comment on it?

Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,058 times
LOL

"Rude things that happen when posting on City-Data"

Old 05-16-2013, 02:52 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Well, back to the topic at hand....

I fly a few times per year, and I honestly cannot think of a single thing that I would call rude, done by passengers or by employees. Maybe I just bewitch everyone with an aura of sweetness and kindness.

Or maybe I send out a big, bad vibe that says, "Don't you even THINK about messing with me!!"

Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
"You must be quite overweight for this to have happened."

Um, NO. Have you been on a plane recently? And anyway, who the hell are you to comment on it?
Over 100K miles flown last year.

It's a public forum, I'll comment on whatever I want to. Unless the person was grossly overweight, the reclining seat didn't force the tray table into her stomach. It's physically impossible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Aviation